Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018 | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow, just needs trees and it'll look amazing. Can't believe it's the same theater. Also I agree with the marquee issue. They need to get the actual logo of the movie on there, not just black lettering. It'll be confusing for international guests.

Reactions: alias8703
Wow, just needs trees and it'll look amazing. Can't believe it's the same theater. Also I agree with the marquee issue. They need to get the actual logo of the movie on there, not just black lettering. It'll be confusing for international guests.
The marquee isn't an issue that can't be quickly changed out though. If they find that guests are having a tough time with it, they can always change the marquee to be something else so that it's more identifiable.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I love it, but hate how you can see the actual showbuilding with safety railings.

Right? All they needed to do was extend the top of the "new" roofing to cover up the show building or at the very least just repaint it the same color as the rest of the building. A lot of times, Universal can knock it out of the park, but then things like this just make me shake my head. Stop being cheap!

Interesting to see some subtle details of the signage that gives the letters some depth when viewed closer. I wonder if it's always looked like that up close or if changes were made recently.

If the first day of previews is on June 3rd, I'm thinking they may try to soft open for Memorial Day weekend. That would be a big get, if they could pull it off.

So I stopped by the park yesterday before work and noticed this new development across from Donkey.
dXuT0Wo.jpg

Could we see the return of Poe's dad Mr Ping? The location being directly across from Donkey would be for some epic Mr Ping & Donkey interaction. It'd be hilarious.

In other news, while at the JP25 event on sunday, I was talking to one of the big suits and he told me that the new advanced projection mapping technology we'll be seeing in this new Kung-Fu Panda attraction will be a small taste of what we'll be seeing when the JPRA Jurassic World overlay reopens next year.

In other news, while at the JP25 event on sunday, I was talking to one of the big suits and he told me that the new advanced projection mapping technology we'll be seeing in this new Kung-Fu Panda attraction will be a small taste of what we'll be seeing when the JPRA Jurassic World overlay reopens next year.

Screens?!! Oh dear lord, I really hope it's for a replacement when some animatronics breaks down and use them as a last resort instead of permanent.

Reactions: marip123
Screens?!! Oh dear lord, I really hope it's for a replacement when some animatronics breaks down and use them as a last resort instead of permanent.
No. Not screens. Have you not been to Disneyland ever since their 60th anniversary celebration with "Disneyland Forever" or the current "Pixar Fest"? Or hell, the new nighttime parade at Universal Japan? Or you know... the Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts!? :thud:

Projection Mapping is NOT "screens". It is images projected onto existing buildings/walls to create different experiences & add to the overall experience. It has nothing to do with an actual screen.

No. Not screens. Have you not been to Disneyland ever since their 60th anniversary celebration with "Disneyland Forever" or the current "Pixar Fest"? Or hell, the new nighttime parade at Universal Japan? Or you know... the Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts!? :thud:

Projection Mapping is NOT "screens". It is images projected onto existing buildings/walls to create different experiences & add to the overall experience. It has nothing to do with an actual screen.

Whoops, I completely forget about the actual definition of screens. Sorry XD.

So I stopped by the park yesterday before work and noticed this new development across from Donkey.
dXuT0Wo.jpg

Could we see the return of Poe's dad Mr Ping? The location being directly across from Donkey would be for some epic Mr Ping & Donkey interaction. It'd be hilarious.

Mr Ping is returning. They put up auditions for the role up on backstage a few weeks ago

Reactions: Ron101 and Wesker69