Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And some of the worst puns ever... (Always wondered why my parents would groan when I watched it as a kid)
When I was at college, George of the Jungle had a cult following. Back then, the dorms would have a large TV room lounge. No TV's in rooms back then. There were two times over the course of the week when the TV lounge was standing room only. The night that Rowan & Martin Laugh In was on and the Saturday morning time for George of the Jungle. It was an amazing time. Anti Vietnam War demonstrations, hippies, free love, and George of the Jungle. Not necessarily in that order.:)......Dudley, Rocky & George of the Jungle were timeless humor. They're still funny today. It's a shame the George of the Jungle movie was so bad. Disney really screwed that one up. They failed to capture the characters & humor.

Last edited:
My guess is that when their third dry park is ready these area's will be the hook to bring guests to new rides in their older parks. Until then then I wouldn't do to much to them. As Disney learned us, you can have 1 good park, 1 mediocre and 2 crappy parks for a long time.
....I Mean they still have a few expansion plots too on the current land so maybe it is smart of them to utilize new land now and save current land to refresh the current parks when needed.

....I Mean they still have a few expansion plots too on the current land so maybe it is smart of them to utilize new land now and save current land to refresh the current parks when needed.

I have started to become more in this camp as I think it would be good to save those major expansion pads for two or three years after you open up your new complex (two years gives them a nice window to let the new park breathe) before trying to rope people back to your original parks. I am beginning to believe we get HP Coaster, JPRA refresh, HP Ministry, and whatever is going in T2's spot for the next few years and then the new park.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Toon Lagoon should stay. It is multi-generational, caters to boomers and Millennials alike (I like the older stuff ;)) and funny. Plus, there is prime theater real estate waiting to be used. Therefore it is timeless.