Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe Universal should just delay it indefinitely so you guys can enjoy your saint like patience.

I guess I just don't understand why being 30 would be a detriment to you enjoying Nintendo.

I’d rather see LC go before TL. I think TL has potential to expand while LC is dead and is prime for redevelopment with something new.

There’s bigger fish to fry than these two areas however.

I just don't see any land-sized projects happening before Park 3. MAYBE KidZone.

I guess I just don't understand why being 30 would be a detriment to you enjoying Nintendo.
It’s the wait. I’d like to enjoy it before then. You know, like Galaxy’s Edge at Disney. Remember how people laughed at how long until Disney built a “Potter Swatter?” Now the situation will be reversed.

It’s the wait. I’d like to enjoy it before then. You know, like Galaxy’s Edge at Disney. Remember how people laughed at how long until Disney built a “Potter Swatter?” Now the situation will be reversed.
The Potter Swatter was a ridiculous concept from day 1, because there's no such thing. Just like there's no such thing as a Star Wars Killer. We're getting a bunch of new rides from both resorts. Wait doesn't bother me because of that

I just don't see any land-sized projects happening before Park 3. MAYBE KidZone.

I don't see it either. Even if they have the greatest idea of all time, it would be wise to keep it for after the new park opens to keep interest alive in the current resort.

This is a similar situation. Disney could have rushed Star Wars to open far sooner than it will but if the option was Star Wars to open last year or to have Star Wars, Mickey and Minnie, Ratatouille, Tron and GOTG open within the next 3 years, I'd take the latter.

The Potter Swatter was a ridiculous concept from day 1, because there's no such thing. Just like there's no such thing as a Star Wars Killer. We're getting a bunch of new rides from both resorts. Wait doesn't bother me because of that
When it’s Nintendo I have to wait for, it bothers me. If I could somehow put all plans from both resorts on hold (except Star Wars) to get Nintendo sooner I would. Then everything I care less about could open up.

When it’s Nintendo I have to wait for, it bothers me. If I could somehow put all plans from both resorts on hold (except Star Wars) to get Nintendo sooner I would. Then everything I care less about could open up.

I really don't like saying this, but that's because you are secluding yourself to only enjoy a certain thing, to where there are so many other things that can be exciting.

That said, is this REALLY the discussion needed for the future of a land oriented on paying homage to classic cartoon/comics of the 1900's? Is this really the thread to where we need to discuss this topic of patience over and over and over again?

I really don't like saying this, but that's because you are secluding yourself to only enjoy a certain thing, to where there are so many other things that can be exciting.

That said, is this REALLY the discussion needed for the future of a land oriented on paying homage to classic cartoon/comics of the 1900's? Is this really the thread to where we need to discuss this topic of patience over and over and over again?
Sure there’s other exciting things. But that’s the most exciting. And @LintemuthStudios is the first one that brought up Nintendo here today.

I brought up the idea of Zelda moving to Toon Lagoon. That's it.

I don't necessarily think it's such a bad idea, but hear me out, what about Splatoon Lagoon?

Right? When you think about it, it's one of the best ideas I've ever had really. You have the stage area for those Squid Sister concerts, wet play areas would fit into the region perfectly as is, and it's still a super cartoony IP but it also has that unique punk/urban Japanese setting that stands out.

Plus the name! Splatoon Lagoon. C'mon now, how can they not really?

I don't necessarily think it's such a bad idea, but hear me out, what about Splatoon Lagoon?

Right? When you think about it, it's one of the best ideas I've ever had really. You have the stage area for those Squid Sister concerts, wet play areas would fit into the region perfectly as is, and it's still a super cartoony IP but it also has that unique punk/urban Japanese setting that stands out.

That would work great...in Universal Japan.

Splatoon is just way more popular overseas., not popular enough in the US for a whole land.

Not enough story/backstory to cover a full land despite it being a great idea. update Dudley into a water based shooter ride...Popeyes in Grizzco. Hold Splatfest every weekend. rides only open certain hours.

Reactions: E.Gadd
Ya'll are probably right. BUT, if this is something that just replaces part of Toon Lagoon, I still think it'd be pretty sweet, and that most guests would love it even if they had no idea what it was.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit