Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jesus... I didn't even know that was a thing... That looks terrible.
And unlike most musicals based on books or comics, this one actually replaced the strip... is stopped where the musical begins and the story picks up after the musical ends (the stuff in the musical happened in-between)

There is no excuse for Toon Lagoon Theater sitting unused. For a park/resort that is limited on space and live entertainment to have a live entertainment venue that takes up so much space, but is used for nothing, just makes zero sense. Do something with it Universal!

I was there yesterday and it's so sad to see such a big theater sitting there unused and abandoned. I'm thinking on trying to get pictures from the inside next time I visit... Should I?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I wonder what the real reason is for not utilizing the venue.:frustrated" With KidZone closing it would make sense to put a new family/kids show in there, or do a version of either Barney or Animal Actors there.
Something - Anything! Maybe it is a tax thing like farmers letting fields lie fallow and collecting not to grow? Do we have too many theme park attractions so we have to leave some dark? If that's the case then DHS must be making bank :shades:

Something - Anything! Maybe it is a tax thing like farmer's letting fields lie fallow and collecting not to grow? Do we have too many theme park attractions so we have to leave some dark? If that's the case then DHS must be making bank :shades:
Yeah, almost something weird like that....Last year I had stated someone posted that there were structural issues with the building, but then one of our insiders said that was a bad unfounded rumor. It makes absolutely no sense, especially since Universal needs every foot of space they can get their hands on.

Yeah, almost something weird like that....Last year I had stated someone posted that there were structural issues with the building, but then one of our insiders said that was a bad unfounded rumor. It makes absolutely no sense, especially since Universal needs every foot of space they can get their hands on.
We do know they were poking around doing markers but what came of that has not seen the light of day to this point. Maybe it will come up once they get a few things cleaned up around the parks. In the meantime couldn't they cobble a show together to put there? I don't know, the juice guy is looking for a home and he is pretty toonish.

We do know they were poking around doing markers but what came of that has not seen the light of day to this point. Maybe it will come up once they get a few things cleaned up around the parks. In the meantime couldn't they cobble a show together to put there? I don't know, the juice guy is looking for a home and he is pretty toonish.
Yes. Perhaps Iron Legion was partly targeted for that area, but that still doesn't explain why it was down for so long. And since Iron Legion may never come to fruition due to mechanical issues, it makes sense to throw together a temporary show to target the demographic that attended KidZone.

Something - Anything! Maybe it is a tax thing like farmers letting fields lie fallow and collecting not to grow? Do we have too many theme park attractions so we have to leave some dark? If that's the case then DHS must be making bank :shades:
That explains why Universal has been posting so much about corn recently..

In all seriousness though, normally a vacant venue in a theme park means cuts were made and something may or may not takes its place...

Knowing Universal, something is probably on the table..

Reactions: JoeCamel
My guess is that when their third dry park is ready these area's will be the hook to bring guests to new rides in their older parks. Until then then I wouldn't do to much to them. As Disney learned us, you can have 1 good park, 1 mediocre and 2 crappy parks for a long time.