Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 356 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever this is, I'm thinking it will be just one part of a complete overhaul of the JP area that may also include the JW River Adventure re-do (a year after Hollywood's,) changes to Discovery Center's first floor, and JW branding around the land.

We're already seeing the start of it with the new upkeep of Camp Jurassic and Pteranodon Flyers. So, at least we know that is staying.

A JP coaster ain't gonna counteract SW at all. I could see it opening at the end of 2019/Early 2020

It’s not just the coaster. It seems like it’s going to be part of a new land when it opens up.

So, we’re looking at a new coaster, a revamped JPRA, probably a new restaurant and/or gift shop, and I bet we see some smaller additions around the land as well. Heck, we might even see a new lagoon show.

It’s not just the coaster. It seems like it’s going to be part of a new land when it opens up.

So, we’re looking at a new coaster, a revamped JPRA, probably a new restaurant and/or gift shop, and I bet we see some smaller additions around the land as well. Heck, we might even see a new lagoon show.

I think you're making a lot of assumptions here

I think you're making a lot of assumptions here

That are probably going to come into fruition.

The new attraction is probably going to be a coaster. The JPRA revamp is going to happen. A new gift shop is likely if we get a new attraction. The JP area doesn’t have any notable restaurants. Land improvements are coming. A new show probably won’t happen, but who knows at this point?

That are probably going to come into fruition.

The new attraction is probably going to be a coaster. The JPRA revamp is going to happen. A new gift shop is likely if we get a new attraction. The JP area doesn’t have any notable restaurants. Land improvements are coming. A new show probably won’t happen, but who knows at this point?

JP has 3 restaurants already, I don't see them adding another. A new shops is possible, but that isn't gonna drive guest visits in the slightest. Until JPRA's redo gets announced, I'm not holding my breath.

Either way, none of that is gonna counteract Star Wars in the slightest.

I don’t think of this as a counter to Star Wars, more like them wanting to utilize the Jurassic World IP in some way. And it indicates to me that JW will not be showing up at 4th gate, so they decided to retrofit it here instead.

As someone who hated the idea of them moving an IP they already had a land for, I'm glad. As someone who loathes JW and does not want to see it replace JP, I'm sad. So I'm split.

In another year or so Guest Survey scores for IOA will go through the roof with the Potter & Jurassic stuff additions.....UC seems to be in a hurry to erase the sour taste of F&F from everyone's mouth. With all of this rapid fire stuff within a year *Potter coaster, *Blue Raptor coaster?, * Blue Raptor character addition, *Lagoon Show,*Bourne Show... the F&F Disaster will be a distant memory.......Universal is back on track, and wasting no time :thumbsup:
Only back on track for IoA. Anyone notice how nothing really cool ever comes to USF anymore?

Reactions: belloq87 and UNIrd
Only back on track for IoA. Anyone notice how nothing really cool ever comes to USF anymore?

Diagon Alley opened FOUR YEARS AGO. That's like a blink in theme park timelines. Literally the best themed land in the world (IMO) opened less than a 1/2 decade ago in the park. The idea that it's long suffering is ridiculous. Park projects eb and flow. We all know this.

Que?

Over the last five years into 2019.

Studios:
Diagon
Christmas Parade
Fallon
Fast & Furious
Lagoon Show
Incoming T2 replacement

Islands:
Kong
Hogwarts Nighttime Show
Potter Coaster

I'll admit that coolness is subjective, but from someone who DOESN'T frequent the parks anymore, there's a lot more interest for me in Studios than Islands. The volume of new stuff is just as important to driving attendance as the reception of new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.