Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

I feel like I've seen more people posting about visiting UOR lately for Voodoo Doughnuts than for any of the attractions.
homer_donut.jpg

Nothing to see here. Just folks pushing off Summer Vacation until after TSL opens.

This just tells me July is gonna be crowded.
Niles has a companion article on TPI about the same thing happening at the Disneyland resort. He theorizes that tourists are delaying their vacations waiting for Pixar to open next month and/or GESWL to open next year. He refers to it as being similar to the Hogsmeade effect, that befell Universal in 2009...More ammunition for Universal's habit of being reluctant to announce expansions far in advance.

Been looking at Touring Plans Universal crowds for June. Keeping in mind that wait times are not attendance counts, they are still somewhat indicators of what's happening. So far June crowd wait times at Universal are generally less than the May crowd levels. Usually it's the opposite. Looking like a soft quarter for Universal. The big fail of F&F to attract attendance isn't helping matters, I would surmise.

Been looking at Touring Plans Universal crowds for June. Keeping in mind that wait times are not attendance counts, they are still somewhat indicators of what's happening. So far June crowd wait times at Universal are generally less than the May crowd levels. Usually it's the opposite. Looking like a soft quarter for Universal. The big fail of F&F to attract attendance isn't helping matters, I would surmise.
Probably more that it has been exceptionally rainy so far. Locals opting for dryer activities. We have put off park days for just that reason.

Are you talking about the crowd calendar or wait times?

I mean they opened a new ride, so attendance can be up or flat and wait times will have gone down. Plus remember crowd calendar is a prediction.
Comparing times and crowds, May stand by times seemed stronger. F&F was open in May, so that equals out. And F&F hasn't exactly had much in the way of lines for the most part. June just looks really soft for June, so far.

Beginning to get the feeling that people are just starting summer a little later this year.

I live 10 minutes from Six Flags Over Georgia. I've been by the last couple days and each day was slower than usual for Mid June. The RMC conversion Twisted Cyclone just opened a couple of weeks ago so people have every reason to show up.

The World Cup starting tomorrow could have something to do with it.

I think some of it is just that things are tough all over these days. I've read stories of folks not travelling this summer.

on the other hand, I know a family in TX going to Orlando next week for some cheerleading thing that has them visiting OCCC and wide world of sports (if they still call it that)

I can't be the only one who loves DAK, can I? I think it has four kick-@$$ attractions (Dinosaur's wait times seem up recently, maybe people finally noticing it after refurb?), two really good animal trails, gorgeous theming (for the most part), and two great quick service restaurants.

I love Epcot, too, but make no mistake, they need to add things to it--which they are, but it's long overdue. I'm hoping we see even more announcements at 2019 D23. They really need to do something with the Imagination theatre (Inside Out, PLEASE?).

I can't be the only one who loves DAK, can I? I think it has four kick-@$$ attractions (Dinosaur's wait times seem up recently, maybe people finally noticing it after refurb?), two really good animal trails, gorgeous theming (for the most part), and two great quick service restaurants.

I love Epcot, too, but make no mistake, they need to add things to it--which they are, but it's long overdue. I'm hoping we see even more announcements at 2019 D23. They really need to do something with the Imagination theatre (Inside Out, PLEASE?).

Not a huge fan of DAK, either, but visits to "Diet EPCOT" the past two weekends drive home how little that park has to offer if you're not drinking or eating around the world. Everything but Soarin' just feels tired, and even that still features two decades ago Patrick Wauburton.

Not a huge fan of DAK, either, but visits to "Diet EPCOT" the past two weekends drive home how little that park has to offer if you're not drinking or eating around the world. Everything but Soarin' just feels tired, and even that still features two decades ago Patrick Wauburton.

Admittedly, summer is the worst time to visit Epcot. Completely different park with a festival going on, which thankfully is the case most of the year. But yes, it needs new rides. I would argue Living With the Land, even without the tour guide, is a wonderfully unique ride. It's in my top ten Disney rides--ahead of Flight of Passage.