Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 232 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TDS isn’t really the best when it comes to rides, either. Outside of TT and Journey, they aren’t anything special.

Hold you tongue. Sindbad, 20K, IJA are all great.

(Journey isn't even all that great TBH. Out of the 5 in this post, it's my least favorite at the park)

Yeaaaa, those rides aren’t that great from what I’ve seen.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Honestly, I'd argue 20K is a nice and modern version of the Disney classic, and that Sinbad to me, is a far better version of IASW in every sense.

Indiana Jones, seems to have more to offer than California too, but I am probably wrong here.

Reactions: Magic-Man
DHS has what 4 rides? And when everything is open it still doesn't hit 10. If Disney learned the theme park world one thing it is you can open a crap park at a big resort and the guests will enter no mater what.

I expect Universal to be more intelligent. They are not going to build a flagship park because it would compete with their other parks in the resort and that would be stupid. They will want to even things out the same they are doing now with their 2 dry parks. I for one have a hard time to choose between the 2 and I bet they make it hard to choose between the 3 parks. And that is who it should be, it evens out the crowds and make every visit to a park as good as the next one.

Going big for a new park is great but there needs to be room for growth. I rather have a stunning park with 15 rides where 3 are shockingly amazing than 30 mediocre to boring rides with 2 e-tickets. Beyond that I'm always overwhelmed when I visit a park for the first time so it doesn't need to be huge right away imho.

Reactions: LJGonz
Currently, I believe its around 53-54 attractions....

Frontierland: (2)
Big Thunder
Mark Twain/Columbia

Adventureland: (3)
Indiana
Jungle
Tiki Room

New Orlean's Square: (2)
Pirates
Haunted Mansion

Critter Country: (3)
Splash
Pooh
Canoes

Tomorrowland: (6)
Space
Star Tours
Buzz
Autopia
Finding Nemo
Matterhorn Tomorrowland

Fantasyland: (12)
Snow White
Pinocchio
Alice
Mr. Toad
Dumbo
King Arthur's
Pan
Storybook
Casey
ISAW
Fantasyland Theater
Matterhorn Fantasyland

Toontown: (2)
Rodger Rabbit
Gadget-Go

Galaxys Edge (counting the coming soon in the room): (2)
Battle Escape
Falcon

And that's not counting the Railroad, Main Street car's, raft's to and from TSI, and the Disneyland Monorail station in Tomorrowland, as that leads to a impressive 30, with 32 once GE opens up next year.

(That said, that is from the top of my head)

Last edited:
Frontierland: (2)
Big Thunder
Mark Twain/Columbia

New Orlean's Square: (2)
Pirates
Haunted Mansion

Critter Country: (3)
Splash
Pooh
Canoes

Tomorrowland: (6)
Space
Star Tours
Buzz
Autopia
Finding Nemo
Matterhorn Tomorrowland

Fantasyland: (12)
Snow White
Pinocchio
Alice
Mr. Toad
Dumbo
King Arthur's
Pan
Storybook
Casey
ISAW
Fantasyland Theater
Matterhorn Fantasyland

Toontown: (2)
Rodger Rabbit
Gadget-Go

Galaxys Edge (counting the coming soon in the room): (2)
Battle Escape
Falcon

And that's not counting the Railroad, Main Street car's, raft's to and from TSI, and the Disneyland Monorail station in Tomorrowland, as that leads to a impressive 27, with 29 once GE opens up next year.

(That said, that is from the top of my head)

attractions include parades, meet and greets, and shows which is how I got my number. But yea for just rides they are around 30 ride based attractions in Disneyland.

Probably not, actually. We could see some permits by the end of summer, and considering the fact that multiple insiders on this site leaked SNW details three years before the land was supposed to open, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen again.

I mean, permits aren't gonna tell you anything about what's in the parks. I also would not be expecting permits this year for park construction.

Reactions: jtsalien
I mean, permits aren't gonna tell you anything about what's in the parks. I also would not be expecting permits this year for park construction.

A.) But we can probably guess what/where certain things are. SNW should be glaringly obvious on the map, considering the fact that we’ve already seen what it looks like

B.) I not see why not? The park has been fast-tracked, so they’re probably looking at a 2022 opening date. Permits take months to process, with changes happening all the time. And the new resort will probably take three-and-a-half years to build.

A.) But we can probably guess what/where certain things are. SNW should be glaringly obvious on the map, considering the fact that we’ve already seen what it looks like

That's...not exactly true.

If they are changing SNW up in a way that allows it to work for the new park, odds are, we may not be able to easily notice it if they change the layout to work with the new park.

A.) But we can probably guess what/where certain things are. SNW should be glaringly obvious on the map, considering the fact that we’ve already seen what it looks like.

The first permits you see will be for utilities, not buildings. I don't think you should be expecting anything remotely concrete any time soon.

B.) I not see why not? The park has been fast-tracked, so they’re probably looking at a 2022 opening date.

And a year ago Nintendo was definitely taking over KidZone. Don't count your chickens.

Reactions: jtsalien
Status
Not open for further replies.