Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 253 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with Jim. All is good.

It was the off-hand comment insinuating I may have paid someone money for leaked info that hurt my feelings. And I think they'll address it on the next episode, so all is back to good in the world.

I think this comment sums up the world's reactions to it:

View attachment 6994

A wise investment with your recent YouTube success. Pay for that inside information to make more YouTube gold :lol:

Going to throw an opening date out there for this:

28th May 2019. IOA's 20th birthday.

A wise investment with your recent YouTube success. Pay for that inside information to make more YouTube gold :lol:

Going to throw an opening date out there for this:

28th May 2019. IOA's 20th birthday.

I remember when Maverick's layout and look was leaked. Screamscape posted it and showed all the details. The leak happened about three days before the press release (most of the coaster layout had already been guessed at) but I figured someone got in trouble. I can't remember if it had the animation but it had a detailed pic of the layout (kind of like Slink Dog Coaster's artwork on the wall at DHS).

Reactions: Scott W.
I remember when Maverick's layout and look was leaked. Screamscape posted it and showed all the details. The leak happened about three days before the press release (most of the coaster layout had already been guessed at) but I figured someone got in trouble. I can't remember if it had the animation but it had a detailed pic of the layout (kind of like Slink Dog Coaster's artwork on the wall at DHS).

The way I see it is that there’s 3 kind of leaks.

1) Universal or Disney happily give small tidbits of real information to certain individuals to keep the hype going. (Common)

2) Somebody spills the beans who really shouldn’t (Rare. As most people working these roles are working their dream job and spent most of their life to get there and they’re not going to jeopardise that for internet points.)

3) Information is shared before a press release and gets spilled early. (Common but is an easy way severe ties with the people supplying the information.)

Sometimes what looks like leaks aren’t leaks at all. A lot of folks around here guessed that there would be a drop track on this ride. It was not something I had ever heard personally, only on here. But then from construction we could clearly see that there was going to be a drop track.

Bio’s aerials have been far more instrumental in piecing this thing together than any drips or drabs from insiders. (We don’t deserve him.)

The way I see it is that there’s 3 kind of leaks.

1) Universal or Disney happily give small tidbits of real information to certain individuals to keep the hype going. (Common)

2) Somebody spills the beans who really shouldn’t (Rare. As most people working these roles are working their dream job and spent most of their life to get there and they’re not going to jeopardise that for internet points.)

3) Information is shared before a press release and gets spilled early. (Common but is an easy way severe ties with the people supplying the information.)
4) project goes out to bid and all bets are off

4) project goes out to bid and all bets are off
And there's Whylightbulb popping in on Magic, and posting, then crying he's afraid he might get caught, then erasing all his posts, and then disappearing again until he feels compelled to talk _ _ _ _ on Universal & Woodbury for the upteenth time with the same sorry misinformation. ;):lol:

Sometimes what looks like leaks aren’t leaks at all. A lot of folks around here guessed that there would be a drop track on this ride. It was not something I had ever heard personally, only on here. But then from construction we could clearly see that there was going to be a drop track.

Bio’s aerials have been far more instrumental in piecing this thing together than any drips or drabs from insiders. (We don’t deserve him.)
If I remember correct, the ride path you "leaked" was from looking at the early photos of Bio and seeing lines in the dirt etc., not?

If I remember correct, the ride path you "leaked" was from looking at the early photos of Bio and seeing lines in the dirt etc., not?
Yea, I never leaked anything. Just my interpretation of what we're seeing. I've updated my ride track layout several times already as we get new aerials too. (And I am amazed at how much more banking there is every time more track goes up!)

You're right,

tenor.gif

Reactions: JoeCamel and Alicia

What gets me more than anything are people who parrot. One person says something and then all of a sudden 1-3 people “confirm” it. The argument will Be they were waiting for it to be public to protect their source, but to me it always seemed off.
That, and people guessing and stating it as fact.

I get that I’m the skeptical person on this forum, and the term “insider” carries very little weight with me as often it’s someone who is simply just a person that is extremely knowledgeable and up to date with all the going ons of the theme park world.
Mansionbutler over at magic is like that for me. Really smart, educated guy and who knows a ton about theme parks- who is up to the minute up to date, but he tries to come off as an insider mentioning sources, etc- when it’s public info. I just don’t get it.
I just don’t get the draw to be labeled an “insider”. Isn’t being intelligent and knowledgeable about theme parks enough?

And there's Whylightbulb popping in on Magic, and posting, then crying he's afraid he might get caught, then erasing all his posts, and then disappearing again until he feels compelled to talk _ _ _ _ on Universal & Woodbury for the upteenth time with the same sorry misinformation. ;):lol:

I always felt lightbulb was very accurate with his information. Almost like he’d only post when he actually had something concrete.

What gets me more than anything are people who parrot. One person says something and then all of a sudden 1-3 people “confirm” it. The argument will Be they were waiting for it to be public to protect their source, but to me it always seemed off.
That, and people guessing and stating it as fact.

I get that I’m the skeptical person on this forum, and the term “insider” carries very little weight with me as often it’s someone who is simply just a person that is extremely knowledgeable and up to date with all the going ons of the theme park world.
Mansionbutler over at magic is like that for me. Really smart, educated guy and who knows a ton about theme parks- who is up to the minute up to date, but he tries to come off as an insider mentioning sources, etc- when it’s public info. I just don’t get it.
I just don’t get the draw to be labeled an “insider”. Isn’t being intelligent and knowledgeable about theme parks enough?

I always felt lightbulb was very accurate with his information. Almost like he’d only post when he actually had something concrete.
On Universal, it was always the same old script. He just changed the dates and attraction. :lmao:...the best one was when he boasted and posted the picture of him with the sub contracting crew he was working on....and then hurridly pulled it off the web once he discovered what he had done....and as usual crying he might loose his job....He's a TOTAL Fake News...and has an agenda since Woodbury scared him off

It's a bad term, and I've never liked it. From personal experience, I get drips and drabs, but I'm in no way, shape or form on the "inside". Even super concrete stuff I've gotten (ie Nintendo's layout, attraction lineup, and it going into KidZone) can change weeks/months before I would hear about it.

Plus getting second/third-hand info means a lot of the "info" you get isn't even info at all. It's shooting fish in a barrel more often or not.

Hell, some of the early stuff I heard about the nightshow from people here that are reliable ended up being complete and utter BS.

I'd say outside of @Andy back in the day, none of us know the whole story. And I'm pretty sure he's a wizard or something. :lol:

He was good until he got an axe to grind. Dunno what happened but at one point he went from decent, level headed info giver to "Universal is the devil". So it's really hard to take what he says at face value anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.