Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

Serious? Thats odd considering 2016 was also the first year I rode Rockit, the speakers still worked properly and the ride was already a few years old. I haven't been on it yet this week, but I'd be surprised if they didn't work.

The only difference is Hulk goes through mist tunnels while Rockit does not. But even still, they do make waterproof speakers.
I’ve experienced Rockit’s speakers not functioning about as much as I have on Hulk.

Save for about 2 or 3 rides last year, the audio has been pretty hard to hear. For me at least. The first year of the new Hulk, I was only able to hear the audio during the brake part towards the end and as your making your way to the load station. Last year it was much better.

Went on The Hulk again last night, and this time the ride had working speakers. But the music wasn't loud enough and you really don't hear it clearly until the ride is over.

But Uni really should replace the speakers on cars that don't work .

Went on The Hulk again last night, and this time the ride had working speakers. But the music wasn't loud enough and you really don't hear it clearly until the ride is over.

But Uni really should replace the speakers on cars that don't work .
What row were you in? I’ve noticed that back row usually has the loudest speakers but they sometimes cut out part of the way through the ride. I’ve only ever had one ride where the audio didn’t work at all.

What row were you in? I’ve noticed that back row usually has the loudest speakers but they sometimes cut out part of the way through the ride. I’ve only ever had one ride where the audio didn’t work at all.
Last night we were in the 3rd row, but the first time we rode it we were in the last row which had the faulty speakers.

Last night we were in the 3rd row, but the first time we rode it we were in the last row which had the faulty speakers.
I really hope they fix the issues with the speakers sometime soon. The soundtrack is great, and the ride feels so much more complete with it.

If I did 100 rides on Hulk I would have a permanent concussion.
For whatever reason, I don't find Hulk to be painful at all. I can ride it for hours non stop while some of my friends can only stand one or two at a time.

Even when it is smooth I just don't find Rockit to be an enjoyable ride. Too bad it is not more like Cheetah Hunt.
Rockit is a weird ride, I can see how many wouldn't like it especially with all the brakes. Something like Cheetah Hunt would have been amazing.
Are you saying Hulk is less forceful then rockit?
Significantly. Rockit pulls crazy G's in the treble clef and pops of airtime while Hulk is probably the weakest B&M sit-down looper I've been on.

Rockit is a weird ride, I can see how many wouldn't like it especially with all the brakes. Something like Cheetah Hunt would have been amazing.

Significantly. Rockit pulls crazy G's in the treble clef and pops of airtime while Hulk is probably the weakest B&M sit-down looper I've been on.
My favorite part has to be the air time on the loop. It happens so quick but god you feel like your flying on that part.

I've been on over 140 coasters and Hulk is nearer to the top of my list, its probably the second most forceful B&M sit down I've been on (behind Kumba). IMO Rockit is pretty unforceful and much closer to the bottom of my list.

Hulk was a major disappointment last time. How they managed to not make the ride silky smooth again was beyond me. It was made more apparent by Mako down the road.

It was a one and done for me last time. I think this year will be the same unless they’ve managed to address the issues.

Yeah I’m gonna have to disagree with that. Hulk is easily one of the most forceful coasters I’ve been on, right up there with Montu and Afterburn. Rockit has it’s moments but it doesn’t come close to Hulk overall.

They need to ease up on the mid-course brake on Hulk. I might be wrong, but I recall the latter portion of the ride to have been a little more exciting on the 1.0 version. It just seems like the brakes are a little excessive.

Hulk does most things that B&M sitdowns already do, and does it just as good. And it's got a launch on top of all it. Not really understanding the hate it's getting.

They need to ease up on the mid-course brake on Hulk. I might be wrong, but I recall the latter portion of the ride to have been a little more exciting on the 1.0 version. It just seems like the brakes are a little excessive.

Hulk does most things that B&M sitdowns already do, and does it just as good. And it's got a launch on top of all it. Not really understanding the hate it's getting.
Usually it seems like the midcourse hits harder if it's hot, and less if it's cold. I never rode it before the retrack, but my friend is always telling me about how the second half used to be a lot better because it didn't hit at all.

I agree with that as well. I'm not sure if Kumba was just running bad every time I visited BGT, but I found that Hulk did almost everything that Kumba did but better.

What do you find intense about it? The Zero-G and Cobra roll are good, but after that the ride loses all sense of pacing and momentum and kind of just meanders about. Kumba, Kraken, and even Bizzaro to a lesser extent keep up throughout the entire ride and are much more forceful in my opinion.

It wouldn't be the first time I had a controversial opinion about a roller coaster though. Fury 325, which everyone seems to think is this god amongst coasters, I found to be a bit disappointing. Afterburn was my favourite coaster at Carowinds! :lol:

What do you find intense about it? The Zero-G and Cobra roll are good, but after that the ride loses all sense of pacing and momentum and kind of just meanders about. Kumba, Kraken, and even Bizzaro to a lesser extent keep up throughout the entire ride and are much more forceful in my opinion.

It wouldn't be the first time I had a controversial opinion about a roller coaster though. Fury 325, which everyone seems to think is this god amongst coasters, I found to be a bit disappointing. Afterburn was my favourite coaster at Carowinds! :lol:
Kumba has big wide inversions up front, and tight terrain hugging towards the back end..It provides a sense of constant speed...Montu is relatively similar

Hulk just kind of waddles about after the break run haha