Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That’s me finally able to get my FP booked for my trip 60 days out. Slinky coaster, the earliest I could get was 2:25pm. Flight of Passage, the earliest I could get was 6:45pm.

Take that how you want.

I was finally able to get a A.S.S. FP 30 days out today. Only a few available. Nothing for Slinky. So FP demand hasn't really waned just yet, even if lines are.

It's more like 25 year+ old technology but the execution is pretty close to flawless.
I was referring to Soarin’s ride experience (I shouldn’t have said system), and while I do agree that it’s an enjoyable experience, I don’t think it deserves the level of praise it gets for basically doing the exact same thing as Soarin’ with a different ride system.

eh...if it was just Pandora's "problem" the rest of the park wouldn't have long waits as well. 90 Mins for Dinosaur?

The truth is that Pandora is still a huge draw for guests over a year later. AND it should be! The land is easily the best thing WDW has built in a decade, and the main ride is one of the highest rated in Orlando. Despite everyone's belief that Avatar was an IP the public lost interest in, it appears their gamble has paid off. I too was skeptical, but they really nailed this. It's ok to give Disney props every once in a while. Even on a Universal Forum.

90 minutes for Dinosaur is just nuts. Indy, either one, doesn't get that much very often.

People have FOP fastpasses, and have to do something while they wait. They choose the air conditioned Dinosaur over all the non air conditioned lines AK stupidly has.

Sounds like awful logic. "Let's spend millions of dollars on the first new land this park has seen in ages... but don't let them get too comfortable."

Meanwhile, at Diagon Alley, oh the AC be a'blowin'...

The entire AK was built with hardly any air conditioning. It's theming. You're in Africa, ya know.

I find it humorous that ToT has become the new "landmark" at the park. It's extremely dark and scary looking. Even with Christmas projections.

eh...if it was just Pandora's "problem" the rest of the park wouldn't have long waits as well. 90 Mins for Dinosaur?

The truth is that Pandora is still a huge draw for guests over a year later. AND it should be! The land is easily the best thing WDW has built in a decade, and the main ride is one of the highest rated in Orlando. Despite everyone's belief that Avatar was an IP the public lost interest in, it appears their gamble has paid off. I too was skeptical, but they really nailed this. It's ok to give Disney props every once in a while. Even on a Universal Forum.
I'm not knocking Pandora here as I love the land and FoP is quickly one of my favorite rides in WDW. It's still fair criticism to say that the capacity for the attraction is incredibly low.

Also, I think people took this as a bigger gamble than it ever really was. Pandora translates to a theme park better than most IPs out there today and honestly this was basically like them building Beastly Kingdom, but with an attached IP. The IP was pretty irrelevant in pop culture, so the land had to stand on it's own and I think that gave the imagineers much more creative freedom than they would've had otherwise (if it was a much more mainstream IP that people actively care about).

I'm not knocking Pandora here as I love the land and FoP is quickly one of my favorite rides in WDW. It's still fair criticism to say that the capacity for the attraction is incredibly low.

Also, I think people took this as a bigger gamble than it ever really was. Pandora translates to a theme park better than most IPs out there today and honestly this was basically like them building Beastly Kingdom, but with an attached IP. The IP was pretty irrelevant in pop culture, so the land had to stand on it's own and I think that gave the imagineers much more creative freedom than they would've had otherwise (if it was a much more mainstream IP that people actively care about).

oh I agree the capacity is terrible, but the rest of the park looked really busy too, so that to me translates to people going to Animal Kingdom just for Pandora, and sticking around for the other rides. While at HS, the demand for TSL isn't quite as strong, especially considering it's "brand new"

oh I agree the capacity is terrible, but the rest of the park looked really busy too, so that to me translates to people going to Animal Kingdom just for Pandora, and sticking around for the other rides. While at HS, the demand for TSL isn't quite as strong, especially considering it's "brand new"
And while I’m surprised lines aren’t longer at DHS (mostly because of lack of rides), TSL wasn’t meant to be the draw Pandora was. Galaxy’s Edge will fill that void at DHS.

Will be interesting how crowds at DAK look once SWGE opens.

And while I’m surprised lines aren’t longer at DHS (mostly because of lack of rides), TSL wasn’t meant to be the draw Pandora was. Galaxy’s Edge will fill that void at DHS.

Will be interesting how crowds at DAK look once SWGE opens.
they ll be just as busy as they have been because those folks who go to SWGE will visit other parks

also in regards to Pandora i think what you and others have said is quite correct im sure capacity is an issue to a certain extent but im also sure some people on this board were wrong about Pandora and instead of saying it has been a success very similar to what cars land did they make excuses why it seems popular

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick