Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Last time we went to Disney, they were still building 7 dwarves.

They padded wait times in the last hour back then all the time. I recall going in Space Mountain with a 50 minute wait time listed, but we found it to be a walk on. That was not the only example and it seemed typical to me back then.

I am glad to see the coaster appears to have a long track. On our last visit, I recall an employee hanging out near the construction wall/art work telling guest that the mine train was going to be the longest coaster in Disney history. I assume the ride would have had better capacity had they used the track layout they planned.

I still wonder what they will do when Star Wars does come, they were floating ideas like blocking the land from AP’s and or having the land as an upcharge area before they even designed it....I hope they never go that route, but they truly have thought about it....

Last time we went to Disney, they were still building 7 dwarves.

They padded wait times in the last hour back then all the time. I recall going in Space Mountain with a 50 minute wait time listed, but we found it to be a walk on. That was not the only example and it seemed typical to me back then.

I am glad to see the coaster appears to have a long track. On our last visit, I recall an employee hanging out near the construction wall/art work telling guest that the mine train was going to be the longest coaster in Disney history. I assume the ride would have had better capacity had they used the track layout they planned.

I still wonder what they will do when Star Wars does come, they were floating ideas like blocking the land from AP’s and or having the land as an upcharge area before they even designed it....I hope they never go that route, but they truly have thought about it....
The exit of SWGE will be the TSL path, which is slightly concerning because the land as is is quite small in terms of guest walking space.

The exit of SWGE will be the TSL path, which is slightly concerning because the land as is is quite small in terms of guest walking space.

Better than it being the opening though... but still bad.

I think they should use what was Pixar Place as the exit and just use backstage walkways for extremely packed days. (Just like the Hogsmeade bypass Bridge)

Reactions: SeventyOne
Better than it being the opening though... but still bad.

I think they should use what was Pixar Place as the exit and just use backstage walkways for extremely packed days. (Just like the Hogsmeade bypass Bridge)
The difference is the Hogsmeade bypass bridge is.. well a bridge. Foot traffic only. Where you are talking about is a service road that is used for pargo carts and backstage vehicles for MMRR, SWGE and TSL.

It’s a very highly trafficked road.

Right now, on July 4th at 12:08 PM, the wait times for DHS are as follows:

Star Tours - 25 Minutes
Saucers - 50 Minutes
Tower - 50 Minutes
Slinky - 55 Minutes
TS Mania - 65 Minutes
RNRC - 85 Minutes

Most have gone to MK and Epcot for 4th celebrations today.

Right now, on July 4th at 12:08 PM, the wait times for DHS are as follows:

Star Tours - 25 Minutes
Saucers - 50 Minutes
Tower - 50 Minutes
Slinky - 55 Minutes
TS Mania - 65 Minutes
RNRC - 85 Minutes

Most have gone to MK and Epcot for 4th celebrations today.

Yeah, the Studios have been a bad 4th spot since they stopped the show with Mulch, Sweat, and Shears with the fireworks. That was my favorite Disney 4th celebration.

When the gates finally open for Star Wars, and both Galaxy’s Edge and TSL go over capacity, I’ll watch the chaos from the top floor of the Hollywood Tower Hotel, 5 minute wait. :grin:

Looking at the "Observed" (actual times reported by TouringPlan riders) wait times during these past weekdays, it looks like Aliens Saucers has settled in the range of 40 to 60 minutes during most of the day. Early mornings and late evenings are even less. Slinky Dog in the range of 50 to 90 minutes during the day and 25 to 40 minutes early morning or late evening.....And, probably a result of this land opening, Frozen's "observed' wait times are lower than they were previously, generally around 40 to 45 minutes. Soarin also was in the 30 to 60 minute range, a comfortable decrease. This was during the past weekdays, so it will be interesting to see the "observed' wait times for the weekend. Epcot seems to be lagging a bit. FOP lines are still real long.

Looking at the "Observed" (actual times reported by TouringPlan riders) wait times during these past weekdays, it looks like Aliens Saucers has settled in the range of 40 to 60 minutes during most of the day. Early mornings and late evenings are even less. Slinky Dog in the range of 50 to 90 minutes during the day and 25 to 40 minutes early morning or late evening.....And, probably a result of this land opening, Frozen's "observed' wait times are lower than they were previously, generally around 40 to 45 minutes. Soarin also was in the 30 to 60 minute range, a comfortable decrease. This was during the past weekdays, so it will be interesting to see the "observed' wait times for the weekend. Epcot seems to be lagging a bit. FOP lines are still real long.
you ve done a great job with this

you ve done a great job with this
Thank you....I just checked out the Disney parks at noon.Weather Sunny 84 degrees..These are posted wait times though, "observed" times won't be available until tomorrows report....Parks look soft today, except for AK, which has long lines....
*Alien Saucers........35 minutes
Rock Coaster..........35 minutes
Slinky.....................70 minutes
Star Tours..............10 minutes
Tower Terror..........35 minutes
Toy Story Mania.....55 minutes

*7 Dwarfs......60 minutes
BTMR...........30 minutes
Haunted Mansion 30 minutes
Jungle Cruise.30 minutes
Splash..........45 minutes

*Frozen................45 minutes
Soarin..................50 minutes

*Dinosaur ...........90 minutes
Everest................45 minutes
FOP.....................150 minutes
Kilamanjaro........45 minutes
Navii River..........80 minutes

looks like Pandora is still holding it's own

Reactions: twebber55
Thank you....I just checked out the Disney parks at noon.Weather Sunny 84 degrees..These are posted wait times though, "observed" times won't be available until tomorrows report....Parks look soft today, except for AK, which has long lines....
*Alien Saucers........35 minutes
Rock Coaster..........35 minutes
Slinky.....................70 minutes
Star Tours..............10 minutes
Tower Terror..........35 minutes
Toy Story Mania.....55 minutes

*7 Dwarfs......60 minutes
BTMR...........30 minutes
Haunted Mansion 30 minutes
Jungle Cruise.30 minutes
Splash..........45 minutes

*Frozen................45 minutes
Soarin..................50 minutes

*Dinosaur ...........90 minutes
Everest................45 minutes
FOP.....................150 minutes
Kilamanjaro........45 minutes
Navii River..........80 minutes

looks like Pandora is still holding it's own
Or Pandora's capacity is just truly a nightmare for the demand it has.

both are around 1200 according to my CM nephew
even if you doubled FOP capacity it would still have the highest wait time in WDW
its time to give it some credit after 14 months of being open in my opinion
you can probably expect another 15% growth in attendance at DAK this year

Slinky has higher hourly capacity than both Pandora rides according to my friends. Which is... awful.
Doesn't surprise me as i've heard similar, but Slinky's capacity is decent for what it is - A C-ticket outdoor coaster with minimal theming.

For what they wanted Pandora to be, there's no excuse for those rides having such low capacities. I've been hearing that NRJ breaks down a lot so that doesn't help.

both are around 1200 according to my CM nephew
even if you doubled FOP capacity it would still have the highest wait time in WDW
its time to give it some credit after 14 months of being open in my opinion
you can probably expect another 15% growth in attendance at DAK this year

Measured capacity for Slinky is 1300, so you just shot yourself in the foot with that argument.

But even then FoP and Navi don't run at capacity. Between FoP having whole theaters go down regularly and extended loading times to Navi not sending out full boats due to how they're designed none of those rides are hitting hourly capacity.

Measured capacity for Slinky is 1300, so you just shot yourself in the foot with that argument.

But even then FoP and Navi don't run at capacity. Between FoP having whole theaters go down regularly and extended loading times to Navi not sending out full boats due to how they're designed none of those rides are hitting hourly capacity.
exactly the answer i thought i would get joe
and i wasn't arguing just stating what i heard

Just checked yesterday's (Sat. July 7) "Observed" stand by wait times on Touring Plans. Aliens Saucers generally ranged from 15 to 35 minutes. Slinky ranged from 25 to 70 minutes. Best (lowest waits) times were before 10:00 AM and after 6:00 PM. Lines were low for all the park's rides. DHS came in at a very low Touring Plans LEVEL 2 on the crowd calendar. (10 busiest, 1 slowest scale)....MK and Epcot were level 3 and 4. AK was a fairly busy Level 7. Note: AK rarely falls below a 7 crowd level anymore.