Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I will knight up for Slinky Dog, it seems to have incredible capacity. Final 20 minutes, once thunder passed, we barely stopped in line before FP merge. This thing is a people-eater.

It's capacity is 1200 pph, about the same as FOP. If you never stopped, that means the line was light, and those in it never had time to stop and pack in a bit. After a storm, if those entering the queues are 1200 an hour, which is a healthy 20 per minute, the line will never really materialize.

It isn't 2000 an hour like Mansion, Mermaid,or Pirates. Although it is larger than the new Disney standard like Frozen, 7 Dwarfs and NRJ. It seems even at least one Star Wars ride will have a 1000ish pph throughput.

Pandora is popular, but it's a low throughput ride that makes it seem much more popular than it is. People still unknowingly get in the NRJ line, not realizing it's non FP capacity is like 200 an hour.

And I'd assume FOP gives out FPs based on four theater operations, or at least 3. It seems many days it has issues, so its wait balloons quickly.

And the rest of AK is busy because of the crappiness of FP+. Folks who get that coveted FOP FP also have to burn their other two FPs for the day at AK. They can either spend a good chunk of the day at AK, and get 3 quick rides, or spend the day elsewhere in standby after FOP. Of course they are going to stay at AK and ride their collection of rides, and quickly realize Dinosaur actually has air conditioning, and rush over there to cool off, and after doing that for an hour, they can ride a ride.

It's capacity is 1200 pph, about the same as FOP. If you never stopped, that means the line was light, and those in it never had time to stop and pack in a bit. After a storm, if those entering the queues are 1200 an hour, which is a healthy 20 per minute, the line will never really materialize.

It isn't 2000 an hour like Mansion, Mermaid,or Pirates. Although it is larger than the new Disney standard like Frozen, 7 Dwarfs and NRJ. It seems even at least one Star Wars ride will have a 1000ish pph throughput.

Pandora is popular, but it's a low throughput ride that makes it seem much more popular than it is. People still unknowingly get in the NRJ line, not realizing it's non FP capacity is like 200 an hour.

And I'd assume FOP gives out FPs based on four theater operations, or at least 3. It seems many days it has issues, so its wait balloons quickly.

And the rest of AK is busy because of the crappiness of FP+. Folks who get that coveted FOP FP also have to burn their other two FPs for the day at AK. They can either spend a good chunk of the day at AK, and get 3 quick rides, or spend the day elsewhere in standby after FOP. Of course they are going to stay at AK and ride their collection of rides, and quickly realize Dinosaur actually has air conditioning, and rush over there to cool off, and after doing that for an hour, they can ride a ride.

Two people I know counted Slinky and found 1300 actual hourly ride capacity. FoP theoretically gets close to 1200 but dispatches and theaters going down let it never hit that number as you’ve stated.

I will knight up for Slinky Dog, it seems to have incredible capacity. Final 20 minutes, once thunder passed, we barely stopped in line before FP merge. This thing is a people-eater.
I’ve experienced the same. I credit the ops team for really pushing out the trains at incredibly fast dispatch rates.

Reactions: SeventyOne
And while I’m surprised lines aren’t longer at DHS (mostly because of lack of rides), TSL wasn’t meant to be the draw Pandora was. Galaxy’s Edge will fill that void at DHS.

Will be interesting how crowds at DAK look once SWGE opens.

I think DAK will have fewer guests than DHS but more than Epcot. Epcot is really gonna be quiet compared to the other parks unless SWGE increases attendance overall.

Also, Disney does a really great job at pumping guests thru their coasters. Slinky does a great job at it as well.

I think DAK will have fewer guests than DHS but more than Epcot. Epcot is really gonna be quiet compared to the other parks unless SWGE increases attendance overall.

Also, Disney does a really great job at pumping guests thru their coasters. Slinky does a great job at it as well.

Based on what im seeing the capacity on this is way better then 7DMT. Which has a line that moves at a snails pace compared to other coasters at Disney.

Two people I know counted Slinky and found 1300 actual hourly ride capacity. FoP theoretically gets close to 1200 but dispatches and theaters going down let it never hit that number as you’ve stated.
Was 1200 supposed to be FoP’s final number or is it still experiencing issues with long load times?

I thought the intention was for FoP to have capacity in the mid-2000s

Reservations are now open for the AP Events in September. Check your emails.

It was a better process than the Pandora ones, but boy do they stink at these kind of things. Was able to get my eventually, but it's a very frustrating process.

I also understand why they want to do AM previews, but after park close would be so much better. Oh well.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Reservations are now open for the AP Events in September. Check your emails.

It was a better process than the Pandora ones, but boy do they stink at these kind of things. Was able to get my eventually, but it's a very frustrating process.

I also understand why they want to do AM previews, but after park close would be so much better. Oh well.
Can you copy/paste the signup URL from your email ?

Can you copy/paste the signup URL from your email ?

Walt Disney World Passholder
Play Big in Toy Story Land

As a Platinum Passholder, you're invited to register to enjoy Passholder Play Time in Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios® this September!

During your time in Toy Story Land, we invite you to experience Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers as well as browse the merchandise and delicious breakfast offerings available for purchase at Woody's Lunch Box!

Due to limited capacity, reservations will be available on a first-come, first-served basis and will be limited to one reservation per Passholder. You may register up to three other Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus or Premier Passholders linked in your friends and family list.
Valid Walt Disney World Annual Pass card and valid photo ID required at check-in. Limit one reservation per Passholder. Advance reservation required. Activities and attractions subject to change without notice. Reservations are nontransferable and cannot be SOLD.

Sign In | Walt Disney World Resort

Reactions: Alicia
That's insane!! That was the whole theory of why it wasn't until September anyway.

Grumble. Grumble. Grumble >:O
We got to do the Pandora preview last year. I think they are misjudging how popular this will be. 7am/8am on weekdays and limiting to only Gold and above is weirdly restrictive. Wonder if it'll even fill up.

Oh, who am I kidding, of course it will. Crazy AP holders will take off work for an hour early into the land.

We got to do the Pandora preview last year. I think they are misjudging how popular this will be. 7am/8am on weekdays and limiting to only Gold and above is weirdly restrictive. Wonder if it'll even fill up.

Oh, who am I kidding, of course it will. Crazy AP holders will take off work for an hour early into the land.

It's full. I never even got an e-mail, despite being Platinum. Disney gonna Disney.

Reactions: jtsalien
Just got to Studios right now and literally every ride is down except Alien Swirling Saucers. What a functional full-day park.