Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Goodbye Globe Theater

It seems like you're implying that the ride will also take up TWD's space and TWD won't just be used for queue. I hope that's the case as they will need to combine TWD to fully make this work.

Getting flashbacks of when they tore down HoH.

I think @Chris brought it up, but I would highly doubt that they would be able to connect the new structure and TWDA, due to Frankenstein's structure.

I think @Chris brought it up, but I would highly doubt that they would be able to connect the new structure and TWDA, due to Frankenstein's structure.

Do they need to fully connect them tho? Can't they just hollow out the inside of TWDA and then build the SLoP queue inside it and connect it to the new Globe building with a hallway or something?

Considering that it was originally made as a Trackless dark ride, that'd be..quite the cut from one system to another. And to be frank, I don't think they need to change the ride system altogether to accomodate it.

One scene in particular, I am betting is going to get shortened, but it was meant to be a bit more of a transitional scene to begin with.

Yeah, and I would argue M&M is also great, but Pets is something very..unique.

First time posting but long time lurker on the forums. How did you guys see the ride concept with the scenes and everything? Sorry to ask but do you guys work for Universal? I've searched everywhere online and can't find any sort of blueprint or concept art on a potential SLOP dark ride.

First time posting but long time lurker on the forums. How did you guys see the ride concept with the scenes and everything? Sorry to ask but do you guys work for Universal? I've searched everywhere online and can't find any sort of blueprint or concept art on a potential SLOP dark ride.

The long and short of it was a Universal Creative flub and it leaked out to a handful of people. Additionally some concept art has leaked on twitter.

Welcome to the IU forums.

Oh I see. In that case, it makes sense why some know so many details about the ride.

Thank you!

I forgot to say, welcome to IU! I can' wait to hear what you have to say.

And yeah, it's odd, but some of us (including myself) have had knowledge of the original concept for quite some time. Whether or not it comes to fruition as intended, we'll see what happens. But I am hoping that they'll stick to what was planned.

I forgot to say, welcome to IU! I can' wait to hear what you have to say.

And yeah, it's odd, but some of us (including myself) have had knowledge of the original concept for quite some time. Whether or not it comes to fruition as intended, we'll see what happens. But I am hoping that they'll stick to what was planned.

No worries and thank you!

I'm really excited about this project so I'll patiently wait and see how it turns out.

From IU,

Dh7N17nVQAAnVyd.jpg

Hello. This is also my first time posting. I was wondering if there was anywhere where the concept art for the SLoP ride could be found or if it has been taken down for legal reasons. Anyways, I'm glad to see that more physical based, kid-centric rides are coming to the park.

Hello. This is also my first time posting. I was wondering if there was anywhere where the concept art for the SLoP ride could be found or if it has been taken down for legal reasons. Anyways, I'm glad to see that more physical based, kid-centric rides are coming to the park.

The SLOP ride is only rumored. There has been no official announcement of the ride coming or concept art released by Universal.

Welcome to the forums. ....Putting that stuff on the site is a definite no no at this point in time.

well technically thats not true... it was officially announced accidentally during that one corporate thing.... it counts..

You mentioning Quarterly Earnings, or something else? Because the first one was sccidental and didn't say exactly where and what, only that "UC was developing a Pet's attraction".

You mentioning Quarterly Earnings, or something else? Because the first one was sccidental and didn't say exactly where and what, only that "UC was developing a Pet's attraction".
yea that... but it counts. Even though "Sing" would be more entertaining. And could've recycled the Globe facade (unless they went with the revamped theatre look from the end)...

I still wish Universal would use Laika for a new ride (ParaNorman!!!!, Kubo, etc)

yea that... but it counts. Even though "Sing" would be more entertaining. And could've recycled the Globe facade (unless they went with the revamped theatre look from the end)...

I still wish Universal would use Laika for a new ride (ParaNorman!!!!, Kubo, etc)

At this point, with Laika out of Focus Picture's hands, and with how they aren't as popular as an Illumination or DWA, we will not see them back for an attraction.

That said, I love Laika and would love every second of a Kubo slow moving water dark ride ala' Sinbad, as it's just asking for that.

__

I get the feeling, whatever Pets is will cause the entirety of Baker Street to change, either that, or something else happens.