Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It would appear to me that they are playing the theme park game of opening something big and then holding area for expansion to boost numbers in future years. One only has to look how Potter is playing itself out in Orlando.
This might help them get done on time too. Being the first one to be built, I'm sure they want the extra time to work out the bugs (cough AR, cough) before opening. No reason to stretch themselves too thin and not get open in time for the Olympics/their own deadline.

Reactions: HPFred and Mad Dog
Its location and photography restrictions at USJ.
I dont know why I find it so fascinating that usj is more strict than our parks, i guess I just never thought it was that serious to them lol. Like we have damn near full coverage of pottercoaster lol.

Something like this... looks like their entrance pipe area may be slightly different... And of course, no Donkey Kong, although the plot of land still matches. Either they plan to add that as a later phase, or maybe they'll add a different new attraction later in that space. For now, just looks like a retention pond to me.

View attachment 7260
Ah this is perfect thanks

It’s literally the same

See the pic Alicia made.

If they do, it looks like it will not be opening with the other two rides. It's a retention pond and staging area right now. There'd at least be some foundation work in that space by now if they were planning to build it for opening.

I think you are seeing a bit of an optical illusion with the aerial. It's actually a dirt mound, not a pond. Which I suppose could be theoretically in use for site impaction.

osakausj180320.jpg

Reactions: HPFred
If only there was somebody!

Thanks! I'm annoyed selfishly with the new signage disallowance of photos from public areas. It's a bit odd seeing as OLC seemingly doesn't care, nor does Universal in the US.

I guess this will be more of a surprise at least!

I think you are seeing a bit of an optical illusion with the aerial. It's actually a dirt mound, not a pond. Which I suppose could be theoretically in use for site impaction.

osakausj180320.jpg
Thanks. That is one big pile of dirt.

In any case, it doesn’t look like any prep/foundational work is happening for DK at this time. And the rumor always was Japan would not be getting it, and it does not appear on their concept/promo art.

Reactions: HPFred and brianlo
I’m thinking that the DK area will open around 2022/23. That gives them enough time to build the land without any impacts to the other areas, and gives a small buffer between land opening and expansion.

Do we know where this image is from? Is it shorthand, or the whole thing? Cause this seems to be missing Yoshi too, (as well as DK which we figured.)

supernintendoworld.jpg

EDIT: Seem to be from Twitter, and guessing home-made based on the trailer from USJ. Them trying to see how the land will fit into the park... I don't think it's taking into account a few things, like the correct orientation of the MK show building for example. And that tower with the flag should probably be on the left. Etc, etc.

DOUBLE EDIT: Here they are trying to guess how far back the green warp pipe could be for the land's entrance:

Last edited:
Anyone think it's odd that SNW Japan may be the smallest of the 3? You would think as it's the home market it would have been the 'max' version, especially after they have seen how packed the Wizarding world gets.

Anyone think it's odd that SNW Japan may be the smallest of the 3? You would think as it's the home market it would have been the 'max' version, especially after they have seen how packed the Wizarding world gets.

They wanted it by 2020. By promising that date they stunted themselves with the smallest land. Hollywood and Orlando have gone through numerous revisions and relocations since Japan started construction.

They wanted it by 2020. By promising that date they stunted themselves with the smallest land. Hollywood and Orlando have gone through numerous revisions and relocations since Japan started construction.

Not to mention, they are going to be the full on guinea-pigs for Mario Kart and Yoshi, as both will be brand new ride systems not seen in Universal as of now.

Reactions: Mad Dog