Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has me question the attraction ever being a trackless ride system. Although I don't have the exact numbers for other trackless rides, they're definitely not as efficient. This high of a capacity seems more logical for an Omnimover… unless each ride vehicle can fit a family of 20..

As someone who saw the leaked layout, I can vouch that the original attraction plan was a Trackless dark ride.

An omnimover is a slow moving ride system. This can explain how they can fit 4 minutes worth of ride time in such a small space.
As someone who saw the leaked layout, I can vouch that the original attraction plan was a Trackless dark ride.
Yup, and it looked like it could have easily been 3-4 minutes, with a couple scenes where the vehicles dance around in large open spaces.

Yup, and it looked like it could have easily been 3-4 minutes, with a couple scenes where the vehicles dance around in large open spaces.

Yeah; especially when thinking back of particular scenes I noticed; they would be more than capable to do a nearly 4 minute trackless dark ride, with a lot varying elements.

Awesome! Are there any photos of the old leaked layout?

If they're still out, Brian would've removed them.

It's crazy to me how USH is getting Jurassic World, SLOP and most likely Super Nintendo World before Orlando. These are going to be major additions all happening in a very short 3 year time frame. We're going to see a massive attendance spike in the next few years.

And rightfully so. And then I'll consider USH as a normal destination rather than go to the park on a special occasion like being with a friend or HHN. Comcast's investment into USH will finally paid off.

It's crazy to me how USH is getting Jurassic World, SLOP and most likely Super Nintendo World before Orlando. These are going to be major additions all happening in a very short 3 year time frame. We're going to see a massive attendance spike in the next few years.

I would agree in this.

Now all we need, is someone to approve of a new hotel; and we'll be good. ;)

And rightfully so. And then I'll consider USH as a normal destination rather than go to the park on a special occasion like being with a friend or HHN. Comcast's investment into USH will finally paid off.

The fact that they're able to do all this without having to remove pre-existing attractions is nothing short of miraculous. We'll finally have a full day park on our hands.

That moment you realize that USH is basically what USO could have been....

(SNW, Springfield, Wizarding World, SLoP, Shrek 4-D is gone, Mummy, Transformers, and Despicable Me)

To be honest, allow me..to say something that might give me dead-eye from some individuals.

I feel like, we shouldn't be getting into a measuring contest if you catch onward.

Hollywood needs growth, while Orlando is already a full on resort destination, with so much already there. And especially with UOSouth seemingly getting accelerated; the comparing to Hollywood and Orlando isn't really fair in my opinion.

It's the same way I feel about WDW/DL.

I welcome however, the growth; because it's getting Universal Hollywood much closer to being a Full Day experience. And especially with MK, Yoshi, and Pet's (especially that, if they stick to the original plans); things are finally getting clearer.

Pets excites me so much, for what it could just be. There is a lot of potential with that original plan, and if it's that way; it'll be one of the most exciting projects yet for Universal.

To be honest, allow me..to say something that might give me dead-eye from some individuals.

I feel like, we shouldn't be getting into a measuring contest if you catch onward.

Hollywood needs growth, while Orlando is already a full on resort destination, with so much already there. And especially with UOSouth seemingly getting accelerated; the comparing to Hollywood and Orlando isn't really fair in my opinion.

I welcome however, the growth; because it's getting Universal Hollywood much closer to being a Full Day experience. And especially with MK, Yoshi, and Pet's (especially that, if they stick to the original plans); things are finally getting clearer.

Pets excites me so much, for what it could just be. There is a lot of potential with that original plan, and if it's that way; it'll be one of the most exciting projects yet for Universal.
I agree with the exception of what you say about WDW/DL.

Yes, WDW is a much more full fledged RESORT. However, DLR, with only 2 parks, has more attractions than WDW's 4 parks when combined. So DL isn't really lacking in comparison to WDW. It's just running out of space.

I’m surprised you didn’t say DK, but that’s still an uncertainty. But that’s a fair argument. I didn’t necessarily mean to compare it to Orlando in a bad way.

I kinda wonder if they’re still planning to add Diagon Alley? It’d fit nicely in the Lower Lot, next to SNW, Transformers, and Mummy (if that stays). That JW gyrosphere ride could also be put in the Mummy space, and that Minions flat ride from USJ can be added to SSFL. Maybe they can fit a clone of the new HP coaster in the upper lot, but I’m not sure. They could always get rid of WaterWorld to fit it in.

I agree with the exception of what you say about WDW/DL.

Yes, WDW is a much more full fledged RESORT. However, DLR, with only 2 parks, has more attractions than WDW's 4 parks when combined. So DL isn't really lacking in comparison to WDW. It's just running out of space.

Point taken, but I do think it's a bit pointless.

Not everyone will have the opportunity to do both, and that I do understand however why some may do a bit of that.

I’m surprised you didn’t say DK, but that’s still an uncertainty. But that’s a fair argument. I didn’t necessarily mean to compare it to Orlando in a bad way.

I actually..forgot about DK for a moment. :doh:

I kinda wonder if they’re still planning to add Diagon Alley? It’d fit nicely in the Lower Lot, next to SNW, Transformers, and Mummy (if that stays). That JW gyrosphere ride could also be put in the Mummy space, and that Minions flat ride from USJ can be added to SSFL. Maybe they can fit a clone of the new HP coaster in the upper lot, but I’m not sure. They could always get rid of WaterWorld to fit it in.

Considering how SSFL is..well, on-top of a parking structure (and so is DMMM, and the future Pets project), that may be asking for more than what you want.

As far as the Potter Coaster, it wouldn't fit into WaterWorld.

USH is a rare example of them just piling on so much, as it isn't exactly a sprawling theme park like USF or IOA.

Point taken, but I do think it's a bit pointless.

Not everyone will have the opportunity to do both, and that I do understand however why some may do a bit of that.

I actually..forgot about DK for a moment. :doh:

Considering how SSFL is..well, on-top of a parking structure (and so is DMMM, and the future Pets project), that may be asking for more than what you want.

As far as the Potter Coaster, it wouldn't fit into WaterWorld.

USH is a rare example of them just piling on so much, as it isn't exactly a sprawling theme park like USF or IOA.

Wow, I didn’t know that SSFL was on top of a parking garage. That’s kinda scary.

As for the Potter coaster, it wouldn’t have to fit exclusively in the WaterWorld plot, it can take up something else as well. The coaster is what? Seven acres? That might be too much to ask, but it might fit.

Wow, I didn’t know that SSFL was on top of a parking garage. That’s kinda scary.

As for the Potter coaster, it wouldn’t have to fit exclusively in the WaterWorld plot, it can take up something else as well. The coaster is what? Seven acres? That might be too much to ask, but it might fit.

Here is the thing though..right next to it, is CityWalk. And the Front Entrance of the park. And Universal Blvd. And ASS (Animation Studio Store). And DWT..I think you know what I'm getting at.

My guess, if they were even thinking of it..the current Tram Plaza wouldn't be impossible, considering that hill.

However, perhaps convo's like this would be better suited for other threads? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.