Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

How long til we start to see progress pics, do people think?

Agreed.

The rumor just doesn't make sense. How can slightly changing the name avoid a rights issue? It doesn't work like that, and it's all part of the Jurassic Park franchise - Jurassic World branded or not.

It is true they used to only have the rights for six films. However, it's been YEARS since we've heard that. It's quite possible Universal has already negotiated for more films. Sherri Crichton was hanging around at the JP25 event - in fact, Colin Trevorrow introduced me to her.

I doubt Universal is letting Jurassic go anytime soon, but either way, the park rebranding isn't some sidestep of that issue.
Yes, copyright doesn't work that way

Saying not to worry about the JW redo is like telling Disney fans that ripping out the old POTC and replacing it purely with movie stuff will be better simply because it's newer. "Oh it's the same track and environments, just with updated animatronics and slightly different story." HA!

I'm sure the new JW ride may be great, but the JP ride as it was was a CLASSIC. The JW world doesn't have Dilophosaurus', for example, and that'll be missed. Or the Jeep falling sequence. Or having the T-Rex be the primary villain instead of the stupid Indo Rex or whatever it was called. Or the line, "welcome to Jurassic Park" with the same majesty. These things were iconic and instant classic moments, even back than. Nothing from the new films hold the same imagery or grabbed the emotions from the audience with the storytelling to tie them to certain scenes. The old monitors playing the classic video with Richard Attanborough will be replaced by LED screens with Bryce Dallas Howard - a huge step down.

The charm will be gone. And that's something JW does not have. The new ride will be a corporate synergy cash grab based on dollar signs and not fan enthusiasm, just like the film was. The original JP was a labor of love and ofcourse also to make money, but JW's only mission was to make money, to boost merchandise, to grab the attention of today's kids, and they thought they were being self-aware or transparent with their IndoRex being presented by Samsung crud, but instead were just embarrassing themselves. And Fallen Kingdom is a further embarrassment. Sure, they've made a loooooot of money and will continue to, but neither hold the same respect as the original JP. Not just because simply it's an older movie, but because it was a GOOD and TIMELESS movie. I have no doubt kids love JW and FK, but in 6 years time, those same kids will be pre-teens who are going to become annoying intellectuals who will start to appreciate film more and realize the "older" films were better -- and they will be right. Then they'll look back at old YouTube videos of the original attraction and talk about how they wish for simpler times.

End of the day, I'm just worried about weirdly placed giant screens instead of animatronics.

TL;DR - I think it's appropriate to mourn JP until we're given reason otherwise to believe JW will be better. Automatically assuming JW is better because it's newer means freakin' corporate won and has already succeeded in brainwashing!!! That's terrifying, man...
Wow you just made a post full of assumptions. I guess your good at guessing the future especially the younger generation. Yes it’s a classic ride but nothing lasts forever.

Got several rides in this weekend. and 3 yesterday. Jurassic Park is such a classic that Jurassic world will never be. Yes the ride will be the same with a refresh but the context of the subtleties will not translate. Those saying that is just a refresh miss the point. But let see what's next.
Totally agree, maybe that will make the ride look very dated

Taika Waititi for Jurassic World 3!
Please no. I hated Ragnarok. Me and many of my friends were ready to walk out of the movie theater. We didn't but we should have. It's an advice we got from a critic at San Diego Comic Con "If you don't like the first 30 min of a movie, walk away. I can tell you. They never get better

Saying not to worry about the JW redo is like telling Disney fans that ripping out the old POTC and replacing it purely with movie stuff will be better simply because it's newer. "Oh it's the same track and environments, just with updated animatronics and slightly different story." HA!

I'm sure the new JW ride may be great, but the JP ride as it was was a CLASSIC. The JW world doesn't have Dilophosaurus', for example, and that'll be missed. Or the Jeep falling sequence. Or having the T-Rex be the primary villain instead of the stupid Indo Rex or whatever it was called. Or the line, "welcome to Jurassic Park" with the same majesty. These things were iconic and instant classic moments, even back than. Nothing from the new films hold the same imagery or grabbed the emotions from the audience with the storytelling to tie them to certain scenes. The old monitors playing the classic video with Richard Attanborough will be replaced by LED screens with Bryce Dallas Howard - a huge step down.

The charm will be gone. And that's something JW does not have. The new ride will be a corporate synergy cash grab based on dollar signs and not fan enthusiasm, just like the film was. The original JP was a labor of love and ofcourse also to make money, but JW's only mission was to make money, to boost merchandise, to grab the attention of today's kids, and they thought they were being self-aware or transparent with their IndoRex being presented by Samsung crud, but instead were just embarrassing themselves. And Fallen Kingdom is a further embarrassment. Sure, they've made a loooooot of money and will continue to, but neither hold the same respect as the original JP. Not just because simply it's an older movie, but because it was a GOOD and TIMELESS movie. I have no doubt kids love JW and FK, but in 6 years time, those same kids will be pre-teens who are going to become annoying intellectuals who will start to appreciate film more and realize the "older" films were better -- and they will be right. Then they'll look back at old YouTube videos of the original attraction and talk about how they wish for simpler times.

End of the day, I'm just worried about weirdly placed giant screens instead of animatronics.

TL;DR - I think it's appropriate to mourn JP until we're given reason otherwise to believe JW will be better. Automatically assuming JW is better because it's newer means freakin' corporate won and has already succeeded in brainwashing!!! That's terrifying, man...
I totally agree. We mourn because we have no idea if it will be a good refurb. Yes, the ride was in dire condition but it was no reason to reskin it to JW. What can you do? Refurb the ride with better animatronics, get the falling Explorer back and just show some love, not a JW reskin. But anyways. At least we won't have to wait a lot to see the final product.

Wow you just made a post full of assumptions. I guess your good at guessing the future especially the younger generation. Yes it’s a classic ride but nothing lasts forever.
Maybe not guessing the future but there are bellwethers. You can tell the JW franchise won't stand the test of time because Jurassic World is very cringy now. Jurassic Park has a perfect script and perfect everything. Not all classics are very good movies, but you can kind of tell when a movie won't age good even if it makes truckloads of money. A clear example are the Transformers movies. Where they box office hits when they came out? Absolutely. Where they fresh (then)? Maybe. Does anyone remember them anymore? Nope and proof of that is the last one's China box office. So we can kind of tell what the trend will be. But again, it's just a guess, but if you see in the park, most of the merchandise is still Jurassic Park because that still sells really well, even after 25 years that it was released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, absolutely no guarantee that it will be the same ride. Unless you have the plans and renders of the ride I guess that your guess is as good as mine.

You honestly think they are going to tear up the track and re-route it? Where exactly would they re-route it to? It's pretty much boxed-in to the space it's at.

If they do end up changing the layout of the track I will gladly eat my humble pie. :eat:

You honestly think they are going to tear up the track and re-route it? Where exactly would they re-route it to? It's pretty much boxed-in to the space it's at.

If they do end up changing the layout of the track I will gladly eat my humble pie. :eat:

Yeah, it'd be nearly impossible to change that layout.

That said, and as I said before; perhaps we can bring up JW to it's proper thread, the one that was made specifically for it? ;)

svHFkZe.jpg
Walls are up and the water is drained
IQhxBL7.jpg

oggQPXE.jpg

4ApLDrZ.jpg

I was of course not talking of a track re-route or a new layout. An attraction is all about theming, so if you change the theming of an attraction it is a different ride. No one will argue that Simpsons and Back to the Future are the same ride just with a reskin. The ride technology may be the same but we are talking about two completely different rides, so I am talking about the theming and ride experience. They can change it so much that it doesn't feel like the same ride. Again, we will see

Haven't posted in a very very long time, but thought you all would want to see this video I recently made:

Especially with the ride now gone forever (in Hollywood), I would think looking at what could have been would be fascinating for people. My channel also has recordings of the old queue videos if you all are interested in those, too.

I always love early concepts, sometimes they were far more better than most people realize.

Haven't posted in a very very long time, but thought you all would want to see this video I recently made:

Especially with the ride now gone forever (in Hollywood), I would think looking at what could have been would be fascinating for people. My channel also has recordings of the old queue videos if you all are interested in those, too.

Fantastic video!

Some of those early concepts were pretty ambitious.

Fantastic video. Thanks!!

I remember working at USH when it was being built. Had I know then what I know now. Oh boy, I would have taken pictures (on film of all things).