1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

Discussion in 'Lower Lot/Studio Center' started by Genorulez, May 15, 2013.

1. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

For relevancy, I haven't seen people making this joke..so I thought why can't I?

[​IMG]

Ryno27, DTH, Freak and 5 others like this.
  2. AlexanderMBush

DP, The Spinosaurus has now entered the Studio Vault.

And more...

Ryno27 and Pk3062 like this.
  3. AlexanderMBush

TPing, IU will be doing a special live stream at around 9:55 to capture the final moments of Jurassic Park: The Ride on Twitter.

It also seems like various TM's and guests are getting final group photos and are enjoying themselves with the attraction closing in about 30 minutes.

Welcome to the Studio Vault, Jurassic Park - The Ride.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  4. Paulio

Paulio Member

And so there it goes. The JP: The Ride finally slipped away from our childhood lives.

5. Stryker

Stryker Rookie

Single rider line was about 30 minutes today around 3-4 pm so not too bad considering the general line was 130 minutes. Glad I got to ride it on its final day. It was unlike any other time I've been on it. I'll definitely miss it, although I'm hopeful they'll keep some of the nostalgia and charm of Jurassic Park while giving it its much needed refurb with fresh new scenes from Jurassic World. This is starting to feel like a funeral. Where's the eulogy?

6. LintemuthStudios

LintemuthStudios Veteran Member

This is the beginning of a new era for Universal Studios Hollywood. I'm really hoping that JPRA in Orlando doesn't become Jurassic World in the future. Just update the animatronics and it'll be fine.

Ryno27, belloq87 and Coolbfitz like this.
  7. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

I feel like y’all are overhyping the closure a bit. You do realize the ride itself will still be there, but it will be a whole lot better than it is now, right?

From everyone’s posts, you’re making it sound like they’re just going to tear it down.

alias8703, Teebin, Ryno27 and 5 others like this.
  8. LintemuthStudios

The ride? Sure. The experience? Probably not. That’s like saying that we shouldn’t mourn the loss of ToT, because Guardians is the same ride.

CyborgDinosaur and DTH like this.
  9. AlexanderMBush

Oh trust me, I am extremely excited and hopeful of the love it will be getting, but I do want to acknowledge that in a slight way, it's a large closure for the park (similar to how T2 was big for the park in the reception of it's closure).

That said, I just can't wait to see more activity finally kick in for the park again for down there.

LintemuthStudios likes this.
  10. WebHead1138

WebHead1138 Member

Horrible comparison. Completely different IPs. This is basically the same IP except with different Dino’s and half a name change.

11. WebHead1138

WebHead1138 Member

Universal will eventually have to change and rebrand all the parks to World due to the rights lapsing after the 6th film is made.

12. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

I keep hearing this on my YouTube comments as well, but still not sure where this information is coming from, or how it relates.

It's not like Universal will no longer be able to release a film they made and forever own the distribution rights to just because the book rights revert back to the writer's estate? The film is already made, and they own the film. So, why would they need to close the rides? Will all Jurassic Park 3 arcade games need to be removed from movie theaters across America too? All JP shirts

I'm just not sold on this explanation. In reality, the higher-ups at Universal were asking why their reinvigorated billion dollar dinosaur franchise wasn't yet represented in the parks. And here we are.

Furthermore, I still haven't been able to pin down where the rights reverting back rumor even originated, or if it's a real source or just a rumor. Seems to just be something discussed on a JP fan site, and I can't locate a news release or wiki article on it anywhere else.

13. WebHead1138

WebHead1138 Member

The rights will revert back to the authors family. Universal will always keep the rights to the films because they funded those films. If Universal didn’t have Jurassic World they would of had to pay the Authors family licensing fees to keep the Jurassic Park name. This includes games, merchandise, and yes the theme park license. They will still have to do this once the rights lapse if they still want to sell JP merchandise and games. But, Universal wants to promote World because it’s new and they won’t have to pay licensing fees for the theme park rights. They will own it outright which will make them more money. Unfortunately, like I stated earlier they will have to pay for the JP merchandise rights after the 6th film.

14. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

I see. Do you have a link to an article or source?

15. LintemuthStudios

If they’re building JW in the new park in Orlando, no way they give up the name rights to JP. Plus, JP is still found at two other parks.

16. yankeetrex

yankeetrex Newcomer

While it is true that if universal doesn't pay for the rights to Jurassic Park after they make the 6th film it reverts back to the authors estate, Universal will never let their biggest IP go. If they did, disney could buy the rights to Jurassic Park and guess what will happen. Even though its Jurassic World now, Crichton characters, themes, etc as still being used and if Universal wanted to continue making films they cant just say "Oh, its Jurassic World Now, we dont have to pay the Crichton estate." Universal re-upping with the estate is basically just a formality after the 6th film is over. I expect to see news about this during the filming of JW3. I also expect there to be a bit of time between JW3 and whatever comes after due to Steven still being involved in the films and his ongoing policy of we wont make anything unless it makes sense and has a good story. If people like him and Frank Marashall weren't involved, we would have Jurassic Movies popping up like fast and furious films.

WebHead1138 likes this.
  17. Paulio

Paulio Member

Can't wait to see the pictures of the Jurassic World construction soon.

18. AlexanderMBush

I'm really hopeful that we can get some shots from Super Silly, as I thought there was an overlook next to the restrooms that has photo's.

Or, perhaps I'm wrong? Either way, excited aswell to see how this project unfolds.

ush.hacker likes this.
  19. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

I just can't get too sad for this closure when the ride was in such dire straits to begin with. My final ride last week was approaching pathetic, with five (five!!) dinosaurs missing (not to mention inoperable effects like the Jeep).

Jurassic World is a lame duck of a franchise, emotionally, but I'm thrilled to see some new tech and care pumped into the ride. It needs it.

Freak likes this.
  20. HereWeGo

HereWeGo Member

Oh man I’m glad I’m not the only one who felt like this haha.

Some of this mourning seemed a bit much seeing as how it will be the EXACT same ride and layout just better looking dinos.

And yeah, comparing this to GotG/ToT is a really bad example. Also, I would argue that GotG is a better ride overall than ToT (at least what we had at Disneyland).

Nland316, Freak and AlexanderMBush like this.