1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

Discussion in 'Lower Lot/Studio Center' started by Genorulez, May 15, 2013.

1. smoaT

smoaT Member

Yes, copyright doesn't work that way

2. OrlLover

OrlLover Member

Wow you just made a post full of assumptions. I guess your good at guessing the future especially the younger generation. Yes it’s a classic ride but nothing lasts forever.

HereWeGo likes this.
  3. smoaT

smoaT Member

Totally agree, maybe that will make the ride look very dated

Please no. I hated Ragnarok. Me and many of my friends were ready to walk out of the movie theater. We didn't but we should have. It's an advice we got from a critic at San Diego Comic Con "If you don't like the first 30 min of a movie, walk away. I can tell you. They never get better

I totally agree. We mourn because we have no idea if it will be a good refurb. Yes, the ride was in dire condition but it was no reason to reskin it to JW. What can you do? Refurb the ride with better animatronics, get the falling Explorer back and just show some love, not a JW reskin. But anyways. At least we won't have to wait a lot to see the final product.

Maybe not guessing the future but there are bellwethers. You can tell the JW franchise won't stand the test of time because Jurassic World is very cringy now. Jurassic Park has a perfect script and perfect everything. Not all classics are very good movies, but you can kind of tell when a movie won't age good even if it makes truckloads of money. A clear example are the Transformers movies. Where they box office hits when they came out? Absolutely. Where they fresh (then)? Maybe. Does anyone remember them anymore? Nope and proof of that is the last one's China box office. So we can kind of tell what the trend will be. But again, it's just a guess, but if you see in the park, most of the merchandise is still Jurassic Park because that still sells really well, even after 25 years that it was released.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2018
    Chris Galindo likes this.
  4. HereWeGo

HereWeGo Member

You honestly think they are going to tear up the track and re-route it? Where exactly would they re-route it to? It's pretty much boxed-in to the space it's at.

If they do end up changing the layout of the track I will gladly eat my humble pie. :eat:

AlexanderMBush likes this.
  5. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

Yeah, it'd be nearly impossible to change that layout.

That said, and as I said before; perhaps we can bring up JW to it's proper thread, the one that was made specifically for it? ;)

HereWeGo likes this.
  6. Red Carpet

Red Carpet Member

The next 9 months will be brutal without this ride being there to help bring balance to a screen heavy park.

7. Chris

Chris Veteran Member

HHN will already be bad...and now one less ride to pull crowds. Christmas will probably feel it the most. I only hope JW can open by June instead of July 2019.

BernardMesa likes this.
  8. SailwiththeTide

SailwiththeTide Rookie

[​IMG] Walls are up and the water is drained [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Joel, AlexanderMBush and Alicia like this.
  9. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

Not a minute to waste. They're gonna be working fast to get this done on time.

Joel, Coolbfitz and DK745 like this.
  10. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

11. Chris

Chris Veteran Member

Wow, I never thought I would ever say this for this ride...

"Welcome to the Studio Vault!"

Ryan and BernardMesa like this.
  12. smoaT

smoaT Member

I was of course not talking of a track re-route or a new layout. An attraction is all about theming, so if you change the theming of an attraction it is a different ride. No one will argue that Simpsons and Back to the Future are the same ride just with a reskin. The ride technology may be the same but we are talking about two completely different rides, so I am talking about the theming and ride experience. They can change it so much that it doesn't feel like the same ride. Again, we will see