Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

For relevancy, I haven't seen people making this joke..so I thought why can't I?

DmNtEfuU8AAg0mI.jpg

TPing, IU will be doing a special live stream at around 9:55 to capture the final moments of Jurassic Park: The Ride on Twitter.

It also seems like various TM's and guests are getting final group photos and are enjoying themselves with the attraction closing in about 30 minutes.

Welcome to the Studio Vault, Jurassic Park - The Ride.

Last edited:
Single rider line was about 30 minutes today around 3-4 pm so not too bad considering the general line was 130 minutes. Glad I got to ride it on its final day. It was unlike any other time I've been on it. I'll definitely miss it, although I'm hopeful they'll keep some of the nostalgia and charm of Jurassic Park while giving it its much needed refurb with fresh new scenes from Jurassic World. This is starting to feel like a funeral. Where's the eulogy?

I feel like y’all are overhyping the closure a bit. You do realize the ride itself will still be there, but it will be a whole lot better than it is now, right?

From everyone’s posts, you’re making it sound like they’re just going to tear it down.

The ride? Sure. The experience? Probably not. That’s like saying that we shouldn’t mourn the loss of ToT, because Guardians is the same ride.

I feel like y’all are overhyping the closure a bit. You do realize the ride itself will still be there, but it will be a whole lot better than it is now, right?

From everyone’s posts, you’re making it sound like they’re just going to tear it down.

Oh trust me, I am extremely excited and hopeful of the love it will be getting, but I do want to acknowledge that in a slight way, it's a large closure for the park (similar to how T2 was big for the park in the reception of it's closure).

That said, I just can't wait to see more activity finally kick in for the park again for down there.

Universal will eventually have to change and rebrand all the parks to World due to the rights lapsing after the 6th film is made.

Universal will eventually have to change and rebrand all the parks to World due to the rights lapsing after the 6th film is made.
I keep hearing this on my YouTube comments as well, but still not sure where this information is coming from, or how it relates.

It's not like Universal will no longer be able to release a film they made and forever own the distribution rights to just because the book rights revert back to the writer's estate? The film is already made, and they own the film. So, why would they need to close the rides? Will all Jurassic Park 3 arcade games need to be removed from movie theaters across America too? All JP shirts

I'm just not sold on this explanation. In reality, the higher-ups at Universal were asking why their reinvigorated billion dollar dinosaur franchise wasn't yet represented in the parks. And here we are.

Furthermore, I still haven't been able to pin down where the rights reverting back rumor even originated, or if it's a real source or just a rumor. Seems to just be something discussed on a JP fan site, and I can't locate a news release or wiki article on it anywhere else.

I keep hearing this on my YouTube comments as well, but still not sure where this information is coming from, or how it relates.

It's not like Universal will no longer be able to release a film they made and forever own the distribution rights to just because the book rights revert back to the writer's estate? The film is already made, and they own the film. So, why would they need to close the rides? Will all Jurassic Park 3 arcade games need to be removed from movie theaters across America too? All JP shirts

I'm just not sold on this explanation. In reality, the higher-ups at Universal were asking why their reinvigorated billion dollar dinosaur franchise wasn't yet represented in the parks. And here we are.

Furthermore, I still haven't been able to pin down where the rights reverting back rumor even originated, or if it's a real source or just a rumor. Seems to just be something discussed on a JP fan site, and I can't locate a news release or wiki article on it anywhere else.
The rights will revert back to the authors family. Universal will always keep the rights to the films because they funded those films. If Universal didn’t have Jurassic World they would of had to pay the Authors family licensing fees to keep the Jurassic Park name. This includes games, merchandise, and yes the theme park license. They will still have to do this once the rights lapse if they still want to sell JP merchandise and games. But, Universal wants to promote World because it’s new and they won’t have to pay licensing fees for the theme park rights. They will own it outright which will make them more money. Unfortunately, like I stated earlier they will have to pay for the JP merchandise rights after the 6th film.

The rights will revert back to the authors family. Universal will always keep the rights to the films because they funded those films. If Universal didn’t have Jurassic World they would of had to pay the Authors family licensing fees to keep the Jurassic Park name. This includes games, merchandise, and yes the theme park license. They will still have to do this once the rights lapse if they still want to sell JP merchandise and games. But, Universal wants to promote World because it’s new and they won’t have to pay licensing fees for the theme park rights. They will own it outright which will make them more money. Unfortunately, like I stated earlier they will have to pay for the JP merchandise rights after the 6th film.
I see. Do you have a link to an article or source?

While it is true that if universal doesn't pay for the rights to Jurassic Park after they make the 6th film it reverts back to the authors estate, Universal will never let their biggest IP go. If they did, disney could buy the rights to Jurassic Park and guess what will happen. Even though its Jurassic World now, Crichton characters, themes, etc as still being used and if Universal wanted to continue making films they cant just say "Oh, its Jurassic World Now, we dont have to pay the Crichton estate." Universal re-upping with the estate is basically just a formality after the 6th film is over. I expect to see news about this during the filming of JW3. I also expect there to be a bit of time between JW3 and whatever comes after due to Steven still being involved in the films and his ongoing policy of we wont make anything unless it makes sense and has a good story. If people like him and Frank Marashall weren't involved, we would have Jurassic Movies popping up like fast and furious films.

I just can't get too sad for this closure when the ride was in such dire straits to begin with. My final ride last week was approaching pathetic, with five (five!!) dinosaurs missing (not to mention inoperable effects like the Jeep).

Jurassic World is a lame duck of a franchise, emotionally, but I'm thrilled to see some new tech and care pumped into the ride. It needs it.

Oh man I’m glad I’m not the only one who felt like this haha.

Some of this mourning seemed a bit much seeing as how it will be the EXACT same ride and layout just better looking dinos.

And yeah, comparing this to GotG/ToT is a really bad example. Also, I would argue that GotG is a better ride overall than ToT (at least what we had at Disneyland).