Aventura Hotel | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Staying there in a couple weeks, I'll post a full report with photos on my epic thread. Let me know if there's anything specific.

I have booked a weeklong stay here in a deluxe 2-queen room (king rooms are like unicorns at this place) in December. If you can get pics of a deluxe room, that’d be helpful as I haven’t seen many actual pictures of those rooms. Hope you enjoy it!!

Reactions: UK-Trigg
I have booked a weeklong stay here in a deluxe 2-queen room (king rooms are like unicorns at this place) in December. If you can get pics of a deluxe room, that’d be helpful as I haven’t seen many actual pictures of those rooms. Hope you enjoy it!!

The few pics I've seen, the setup is so weird. I call the bed in front of the window!

2lmvq5l.jpg

The few pics I've seen, the setup is so weird. I call the bed in front of the window!

2lmvq5l.jpg

Yea the few I have seen are very odd as well. I like the idea of the extra space, but it’s oddly utilized so not sure how helpful it will be. I can get a room at Sapphire falls for another $80 for the week, I’m wondering if I should? I can’t tell if it’s a nicer hotel just based on the rooms, they seem very comparable. Any thoughts?

Yea the few I have seen are very odd as well. I like the idea of the extra space, but it’s oddly utilized so not sure how helpful it will be. I can get a room at Sapphire falls for another $80 for the week, I’m wondering if I should? I can’t tell if it’s a nicer hotel just based on the rooms, they seem very comparable. Any thoughts?
Sapphire Falls is a really good hotel overall. Great Bar Restaurant, good sit down restaurant, one of the best pools on Universal property, & easy access with the water taxi right there. We've stayed there twice. If it had Express Pass I personally would choose it over Royal Pacific. It reminds me of a high level Marriott business hotel. My guess would be Sapphire is better than Adventura, but it does cost more.....If it was me, and $80 a week for me is not a significant amount, I would be booking Sapphire. If $80 is significant, than Adventura would be a good choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suprachica79
Sapphire Falls is a really good hotel overall. Great Bar Restaurant, good sit down restaurant, one of the best pools on Universal property, & easy access with the water taxi right there. We've stayed there twice. If it had Express Pass I personally would choose it over Royal Pacific. It reminds me of a high level Marriot business hotel. My guess would be Sapphire is better than Adventura, but it does cost more.

I’m excited to hear from some people here who actually stay at Aventura so we can get some direct comparisons. An extra $80 for a week is peanuts, but what about sapphire falls makes it better? Paying more for a smaller room that seems similar is what is holding me back, if either one had a single king bed instead of 2 queens available that’d be the deciding factor, but it’s not available.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I’m excited to hear from some people here who actually stay at Aventura so we can get some direct comparisons. An extra $80 for a week is peanuts, but what about sapphire falls makes it better? Paying more for a smaller room that seems similar is what is holding me back, if either one had a single king bed instead of 2 queens available that’d be the deciding factor, but it’s not available.
The feeling of the Sapphire resort is spacious and sprawling. . It's much larger than Adventura. StrongWater Tavern is a jewel with its great drinks and fantastic small plates menu, plus outdoor seating deck right on the lagoon. The sit down restaurant also has outdoor seating on the lagoon in addition to air conditioned indoor seating. They have good food, and the Breakfast Buffet is is a good value with a wide selection. The pool has it's own bar, a waterslide, and it's the largest pool on property. It's huge. The lobby is quite large and modern business feel, and it has a Caribbean Pirate themed staircase that looks like a scene out of an Errol Flynn movie. Looks like the rooms themselves are fairly equal between Adventura & Sapphire. The only thing we didn't like about Sapphire was the sliding doors on the bathroom. Not a significant issue, but still a small negative. And you're a bit closer to the water taxi at Sapphire than if you stayed at Adventura.

The feeling of the Sapphire resort is spacious and sprawling. . It's much larger than Adventura. StrongWater Tavern is a jewel with its great drinks and fantastic small plates menu, plus outdoor seating deck right on the lagoon. The sit down restaurant also has outdoor seating on the lagoon in addition to air conditioned indoor seating. They have good food, and the Breakfast Buffet is is a good value with a wide selection. The pool has it's own bar, a waterslide, and it's the largest pool on property. It's huge. The lobby is quite large and modern business feel, and it has a Caribbean Pirate themed staircase that looks like a scene out of an Errol Flynn movie. Looks like the rooms themselves are fairly equal between Adventura & Sapphire. The only thing we didn't like about Sapphire was the sliding doors on the bathroom. Not a significant issue, but still a small negative. And you're a bit closer to the water taxi at Sapphire than if you stayed at Adventura.

Thanks mad dog! it sounds like it’s the resort more so than the room that makes sapphire stand out. I think because of their proximity to each other, we will definitely spend time at both, just a matter of where we want to lay our head. I look forward to hearing some other people’s takes on the two as well...maybe I should start its own thread...

Reactions: Mad Dog
Thanks mad dog! it sounds like it’s the resort more so than the room that makes sapphire stand out. I think because of their proximity to each other, we will definitely spend time at both, just a matter of where we want to lay our head. I look forward to hearing some other people’s takes on the two as well...maybe I should start its own thread...
Yeah, makes sense. That whole complex of CBBR, Adventura, Sapphire & RP is , for all intents and purposes, one 'huge' resort. Universal allows you to use all of the pools, and encourages you to eat at all the restaurants and bar restaurants, so what room you have is kind of more personal tastes and logistics than anything else. Everything in those four hotels is really just a 2 to 10 minute walk from one of those rooms in all four resorts.

Yeah, makes sense. That whole complex of CBBR, Adventura, Sapphire & RP is , for all intents and purposes, one 'huge' resort. Universal allows you to use all of the pools, and encourages you to eat at all the restaurants and bar restaurants, so what room you have is kind of more personal tastes and logistics than anything else. Everything in those four hotels is really just a 2 to 10 minute walk from one of those rooms in all four resorts.

I think because I’ve never seen the onsite resorts, it’s hard for me to grasp the scope of them in terms of how far everything is from each other. I know when we visit the parks, walking from the car to the entrance of either park is a solid hike so I’m thinking in terms of that.

I think because I’ve never seen the onsite resorts, it’s hard for me to grasp the scope of them in terms of how far everything is from each other. I know when we visit the parks, walking from the car to the entrance of either park is a solid hike so I’m thinking in terms of that.
The longest walk is about 15 minutes at a good pace so it is a hike. The water taxi is at SF so if you can walk that far you can ride a boat the rest or the bus service is so good you rarely wait more than 5 minutes and you wait on a bus so it is AC

The longest walk is about 15 minutes at a good pace so it is a hike. The water taxi is at SF so if you can walk that far you can ride a boat the rest or the bus service is so good you rarely wait more than 5 minutes and you wait on a bus so it is AC

We def plan to take the water taxi over since it brings you right in the middle of the action. When you say 15 min is the longest walk, do you mean from cbbr to the other end of RPR or something else?

Booked for next Thursday-Sunday. Will try and find time for the rooftop bar.

Cant wait to hear your thoughts on the place! We need some first hand accounts on this site for sure.

We def plan to take the water taxi over since it brings you right in the middle of the action. When you say 15 min is the longest walk, do you mean from cbbr to the other end of RPR or something else?
15 minute walk is CBBR to CitiWalk or Portofino to CitiWalk. The others are shorter. RP to CitiWalk is 5 to 7 minutes depending your pace of walking. Hard Rock is less than 5 minutes. We walk the trails often, especially in the early mornings or evenings when it's not so hot & humid. . They are beautifully landscaped......Bus transportation from CBBR is also excellent. There's nearly always one or two sitting there waiting for passengers to board. No half hour Disney waits on buses at Universal.

Last edited: