Aventura Hotel | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
15 minute walk is CBBR to CitiWalk or Portofino to CitiWalk. The others are shorter. RP to CitiWalk is 5 to 7 minutes depending your pace of walking. Hard Rock is less than 5 minutes. We walk the trails often, especially in the early mornings or evenings when it's not so hot & humid. . They are beautifully landscaped.
What he said ^^^^

15 minute walk is CBBR to CitiWalk or Portofino to CitiWalk. The others are shorter. RP to CitiWalk is 5 to 7 minutes depending your pace of walking. Hard Rock is less than 5 minutes. We walk the trails often, especially in the early mornings or evenings when it's not so hot & humid. . They are beautifully landscaped.

Thanks for the clarification mad dog, wealth of knowledge as always. Main reason we are visiting during the first week of December instead of our usual week in October is to get away from the heat and humidity we always seem to catch during our HHN trip. Also hoping for even smaller lines at attractions so we can really enjoy a slower pace. Here’s hoping...

15 minute walk is CBBR to CitiWalk or Portofino to CitiWalk. The others are shorter. RP to CitiWalk is 5 to 7 minutes depending your pace of walking. Hard Rock is less than 5 minutes. We walk the trails often, especially in the early mornings or evenings when it's not so hot & humid. . They are beautifully landscaped......Bus transportation from CBBR is also excellent. There's nearly always one or two sitting there waiting for passengers to board. No half hour Disney waits on buses at Universal.

From my own personal experience, I’ve been on about 6 buses so far in Disney and I’ve not had to wait longer than 5mins but that could be a fluke.

Currently at MK and I’ll be staying for the fireworks so I think I’ll be eating my own words soon.

But yeah, the walkways at Universal are excellent. Beautifully landscaped, well shaded and clean plus we’ll sign posted.

Reactions: JoeCamel
From my own personal experience, I’ve been on about 6 buses so far in Disney and I’ve not had to wait longer than 5mins but that could be a fluke.

Currently at MK and I’ll be staying for the fireworks so I think I’ll be eating my own words soon.

But yeah, the walkways at Universal are excellent. Beautifully landscaped, well shaded and clean plus we’ll sign posted.
You need to play the lottery. Lady Luck is shining on you big time. :)....myself I always just seem to miss the one that's going to the park I want, as I'm walking to the stop, and then have to wait forever.

Reactions: Scott W.

Lucky. I honestly don’t think I’ve waited less than 15minutes for a Disney bus the rare times I actually decide to use them.

Yea the few I have seen are very odd as well. I like the idea of the extra space, but it’s oddly utilized so not sure how helpful it will be. I can get a room at Sapphire falls for another $80 for the week, I’m wondering if I should? I can’t tell if it’s a nicer hotel just based on the rooms, they seem very comparable. Any thoughts?

If you will have a car with you, you may need to consider parking charges along with the rate. Last time we stayed at SF, they charge the same rate as the deluxe do for parking (which is more than CBBR and Aventura charge for parking).

One thing about the water taxi is they do not run when there is lightning in the area (all the hotels have shuttle service as well), but this should not be much of an issue in DEC. we stayed at SF for HHN and ended up walking to the park each night as the storms rolled in as we were ready to go to the park each night.

Me, I love the walk (my wife and daughter do not). You end up in City Walk near Margaritaville (so closer to IoA than were the water taxi drops off).

My guess is that Aventura will have some better views. I also assume there will be times waiting on elevators (as I believe there are more floors). So SF is a little more spread out while Aventura is more stacked, both hotels are in the same area, but I suspect that Aventura is meant to be more ‘no frills’ than SF is.

If you will have a car with you, you may need to consider parking charges along with the rate. Last time we stayed at SF, they charge the same rate as the deluxe do for parking (which is more than CBBR and Aventura charge for parking).

One thing about the water taxi is they do not run when there is lightning in the area (all the hotels have shuttle service as well), but this should not be much of an issue in DEC. we stayed at SF for HHN and ended up walking to the park each night as the storms rolled in as we were ready to go to the park each night.

Me, I love the walk (my wife and daughter do not). You end up in City Walk near Margaritaville (so closer to IoA than were the water taxi drops off).

My guess is that Aventura will have some better views. I also assume there will be times waiting on elevators (as I believe there are more floors). So SF is a little more spread out while Aventura is more stacked, both hotels are in the same area, but I suspect that Aventura is meant to be more ‘no frills’ than SF is.

No car this time. We really plan to stay onsite for the duration with maybe an afternoon trip to Disney springs one day and a possible DAK trip as we truly loved that park last time, but the $300 for the single-day tickets and Uber fare are a massive deterrent. If only a king suite opened up at SF, maybe then I’d be swayed to splurge as that room looks incredible.

No car this time. We really plan to stay onsite for the duration with maybe an afternoon trip to Disney springs one day and a possible DAK trip as we truly loved that park last time, but the $300 for the single-day tickets and Uber fare are a massive deterrent. If only a king suite opened up at SF, maybe then I’d be swayed to splurge as that room looks incredible.
I always have a car since we drive down, BUT I rarely ever move it from the original parking spot unless I take a day at WDW, which is rare. ....I got a really good rate for a suite at RP next May, but most everything is booked for HHN already, so pickings are slim. And that Microsoft convention at the end of the month sucked up most of the good offsite rooms too. My brother had a real problem booking a room last week and he's platinum Marriott. He had to take a downtown Marriott room and that never happened before for the BN fall show. Usually he books the resort Marriots or Shingles. Nothing was available.

I have booked a weeklong stay here in a deluxe 2-queen room (king rooms are like unicorns at this place) in December. If you can get pics of a deluxe room, that’d be helpful as I haven’t seen many actual pictures of those rooms. Hope you enjoy it!!
I can get you pics but the rooms are different. I am at the end of the hall and it makes for an "interesting" room layout to say the least. I doubt your room would be the same.
Side note even the front desk is calling it "Bar17" did not think "bistro" was going to stick.

So, I take it no one from here has laid their sleepy head at this hotel yet? Is there a place on the internet to view reviews of those who have stayed here?
What do you want to know? 6th floor looking at the parking (my request). Bed is hard shower is hot and wet, room pad controls - a pita, quiet, parking gates don't work, fridge is underpowered, lighting could be much better
I keep telling myself it is a value hotel that just opened. Don't think I will book a new one again.

What do you want to know? 6th floor looking at the parking (my request). Bed is hard shower is hot and wet, room pad controls - a pita, quiet, parking gates don't work, fridge is underpowered, lighting could be much better
I keep telling myself it is a value hotel that just opened. Don't think I will book a new one again.

I’m not feeling super confident after hearing these early takes. Wondering if I should jump ship to sapphire falls. I believe all deluxe rooms are at the ends of the hallways, that’s how they get the extra square footage so I think most Deluxes will be similar.

Reactions: n i c k
I’m not feeling super confident after hearing these early takes. Wondering if I should jump ship to sapphire falls. I believe all deluxe rooms are at the ends of the hallways, that’s how they get the extra square footage so I think most Deluxes will be similar.
Could be. I can video it later if you can follow a tweet to it?. I cant upload directly here

Could be. I can video it later if you can follow a tweet to it?. I cant upload directly here

Sure, that’d be awesome, thanks! So based on what you have seen so far, do you think it’s lackluster? Certain things that just need ironing out or do you this SF is far superior?

I stayed at SF when they first opened. Not a terrible stay but not really great.Feeling the same here. I would rather a volcano view room at CBBR than either of these but Microsoft screwed that up. Royal Pacific has been my favorite so far but never have done Hard Rock or Porto

I stayed at SF when they first opened. Not a terrible stay but not really great.Feeling the same here. I would rather a volcano view room at CBBR than either of these but Microsoft screwed that up. Royal Pacific has been my favorite so far but never have done Hard Rock or Porto

Interestinng, we are avoiding cbbr due to the assumption that more young kids will be there and we would like to steer clear of that if possible.

What's with Universal parking gates? I encounter them broken often at just about every Universal hotel I've stayed. Portofino's has been broken for two years now. Almost always have to buzz the hotel attendant to get it opened.

Interestinng, we are avoiding cbbr due to the assumption that more young kids will be there and we would like to steer clear of that if possible.
CBBR does have lots of young kids, but they never seemed to be a bother to us when we stayed there (we're two older adults). The resort is pretty big and stretched out. The pool that has the lazy river next to it has always seemed more adult oriented. The pool with the slide seems to get most of the kids, but that's never seemed an issue either.

CBBR is a fun resort. We like the pool bars and the lazy river is great if you have a tube (which they do sell there).

I do think SF has bigger and more comfortable rooms especially as you get into the suite categories (we have not stayed in a suite, but have seen a few from passing by them). I believe the rooms do not get too expensive in the suite category at SF.

I really like RP and sometimes the cost is not that far off from SF/CBBR (when you consider Express for your stay), but it all depends on supply and demand.

We will be staying at Aventura soon, but I do not expect much. I think we could end up there as we tend to visit for weekends or long weekends and rooms tend to cost more on Friday and Saturday nights. I think the cost will keep it as an option as it really is a place to shower and rest and sleep. It is so close to SF, VB, RP, and CBBR that I think it is possible to enjoy any aspect of any of those areas during a stay (as i’ve always been to.d guest can use any pool and we’ve never been turned away from any of the bars or restaurants).