Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 374 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just something you guys should check out if you have some time I accidentally posted a new topic about it.

A retro themed land or rides at Universal Studios Orlando is a great idea for the resort.

Back to the Future, Ghostbusters comes to mind as a possibility. But since another BTTF film will never be made according to Robert Zemeckis. What are your thoughts? T2:3D Battle Across Time isn't on the article here. I guess it's not classic enough??

Reactions: therock
I think the idea of BTTF and Ghostbusters would be sensical..if it wasn't for the fact that they aren't exactly the most relevant IP's in this day in age.

BTTF's time has passed, due to 2015 already coming and going by; and when they tried revitalizing Ghostbusters; they took far too many risks for a jumpstart to get the franchise back.

I think the only chance this happens, is if RP1 gets a ride; and then they could be able to sneak in some cameos of some sort to Universal Studios Florida of the past. But as of now, I just can't see it.

Reactions: Mike S and youhow2
Just something you guys should check out if you have some time I accidentally posted a new topic about it.

A retro themed land or rides at Universal Studios Orlando is a great idea for the resort.

Back to the Future, Ghostbusters comes to mind as a possibility. But since another BTTF film will never be made according to Robert Zemeckis. What are your thoughts? T2:3D Battle Across Time isn't on the article here. I guess it's not classic enough??
I don’t think a retro land would ever get built :(

The hardcore fans would love it, but everyone else would be pretty apathetic about it.

I could see some of these shows briefly coming back similar to how Disney brought back Captain EO when Micheal Jackson died.

Except, you know, they probably won’t come back for three full years

I read somewhere actually Alicia Stella posted an article a few months ago like this summer over on UUO Podcast talking about the possible lands of a fourth Universal Orlando park....dreamworks area, classical monsters, super nintendo, FB, LOTR-even though its not likely I hope it happens then she goes on to talk about the generic lands quite interesting. Anyways she said something about possibly bringing Back to the Future back since the Deloreon was in Ready Player One.

Reactions: therock and Alicia
I read somewhere actually Alicia Stella posted an article a few months ago like this summer over on UUO Podcast talking about the possible lands of a fourth Universal Orlando park....dreamworks area, classical monsters, super nintendo, FB, LOTR-even though its not likely I hope it happens then she goes on to talk about the generic lands quite interesting. Anyways she said something about possibly bringing Back to the Future back since the Deloreon was in Ready Player One.
At least 3 of those things are definitely probably happening.

At least 3 of those things are definitely probably happening.

One other thing you did mention is bringing in more Warner Bros properties other than the Wizarding World. The only way Universal can bring in more of its main titles is with Jason Bourne, and classic monsters but then what would happen to HHN? I still want it to happen though. I forgot about Jurassic World as a main Universal Title franchise but how is Universal Orlando going to have 2 Jurassic themed lands one at IOA the other being JW being at the new gate.

I know but again not sure wha t they are going to come up with bringing in more Universal titles. Legendary's deal with Universal Pictures will be up at the end of the year I see. Legendary is supposedely going to shift to WB. I hope Godzilla comes into a fourth gate if its popular enough.

Reactions: Mike S

Then why try to bring it up with a full on new complex, that will be about 4-5 miles from the northern property?

Bourne doesn't matter in the scheme of Horror Nights (and is already rumored for the spot of T2), and the Classic Monsters come in various different forms and styles. As for Warner, if they do come in with FB, it'd already be different due to it being more than just in the United Kingdom/Scotland.

I know but again not sure wha t they are going to come up with bringing in more Universal titles. Legendary's deal with Universal Pictures will be up at the end of the year I see. Legendary is supposedely going to shift to WB. I hope Godzilla comes into a fourth gate if its popular enough.

They would probably go with Toho who has rights to all versions of Godzilla it turns out than with Legendary.

Reactions: HPFred and Mike S
Alicia I meant was saying bringing in more Warner Bros properties other than the Wizarding World that does include Fantastic Beasts. Godzilla I think would need another film to prove it could end up as a possibility for a fourth gate. It all depends on how well King Of The Monsters does next year IMO. But I wouldnt out Godzilla in with Classic Uni Monsters....Dr. Jekyll, Wolf Man, Deacula, Frankenstein, Creature from the black lagoon, the mummy, but what happens to revenge of the mummy at USF?

Do we REALLY want to compare individuals of various races & species (Universal Monsters), that don't even come close to the size and scope of the Toho monsters. :eek:O:

__

In no way, shape, or form; should we EVER try to associate the Universal Monsters to Toho's brand of massive creatures. Just because they are called monsters in the eyes of the characters in the films, no way does that mean they are similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
Do we REALLY want to compare individuals of various races & species (Universal Monsters), that don't even come close to the size and scope of the Toho monsters. :eek:O:

__

In no way, shape, or form; should we EVER try to associate the Universal Monsters to Toho's brand of massive creatures. Just because they are called monsters in the eyes of the characters in the films, no way does that mean they are similar.
kaiju-size-chart-updated.jpg

I don’t think a retro land would ever get built :(

The hardcore fans would love it, but everyone else would be pretty apathetic about it.

I could see some of these shows briefly coming back similar to how Disney brought back Captain EO when Micheal Jackson died.

Except, you know, they probably won’t come back for three full years

I think the hardcore fans would hate it because it’s never going to be as good as they remember or worse yet, they create something like Kong which is a huge step back from Kongfrontation.

I don’t think any of the retro rides should exist in the new park.

Dreamworks Animation Television President Margie Cohn hinted at the MIPCOM Junior Opening Keynote, the television IPs likely will appear in the upcoming Universal parks. (Dreamwork animation television IPs that currently are not dreamwork films are Trollhunters, Voltron, She-Ra, Harvey Street Girls, Noddy, as well as Where's Waldo and Rocky and Bullwinkle)

Just putting that out there.

Reactions: HPFred
I think the idea of BTTF and Ghostbusters would be sensical..if it wasn't for the fact that they aren't exactly the most relevant IP's in this day in age.

BTTF's time has passed, due to 2015 already coming and going by; and when they tried revitalizing Ghostbusters; they took far too many risks for a jumpstart to get the franchise back.

I think the only chance this happens, is if RP1 gets a ride; and then they could be able to sneak in some cameos of some sort to Universal Studios Florida of the past. But as of now, I just can't see it.
I get it but one could argue that the mere fact of how huge Back to the Future Day was (I have the USA Today Newspaper cover framed in my room) shows that it’s still a viable franchise. In the context of a ride they could just not say 2015 and merely say “the future.”

It is unlikely though as you said.

Reactions: therock
Dreamworks Animation Television President Margie Cohn hinted at the MIPCOM Junior Opening Keynote, the television IPs likely will appear in the upcoming Universal parks. (Dreamwork animation television IPs that currently are not dreamwork films are Trollhunters, Voltron, She-Ra, Harvey Street Girls, Noddy, as well as Where's Waldo and Rocky and Bullwinkle)

Just putting that out there.

The "Television IPs" or the "Television-only IPs"? Because that's a big difference. Dragons and Trolls both have ongoing series on Netflix.

That being said...I want a Rocky and Bullwinkle ride to replace the Toon lagoon theater badly.

The "Television IPs" or the "Television-only IPs"? Because that's a big difference. Dragons and Trolls both have ongoing series on Netflix.

That being said...I want a Rocky and Bullwinkle ride to replace the Toon lagoon theater badly.

My understanding was the IPs built under the television division (Classic Media remakes and the original shows). But there was no identifying distinction.

Reactions: HPFred
Status
Not open for further replies.