Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 376 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. I hope Disney does keep building, because that's just more stuff for me.

That's the key point in all this. Potter changed everything in Orlando. Disney were complacent because they didn't really have any competition and got lazy in not building anything because they simply didn't have to. Now we're in a time where Universal are in a great position and have the talent and backing to build a complete new resort and it's awakened the giant.

This results in two companies really competing for the first time since 9/11 and competition is always good for the consumer. We're getting a goldrush of new rides and if the two companies really want to get dirty, we could be seeing some amazing deals and far more bang for your buck.

The irony in all this is that the die hard Disney fans who hate Universal with a passion should be thanking them for making Disney get their arse in gear again.

When Alicia Stella said un her article as an excuse to bring a back to the future ride back to Universal I think she meant with the success of Ready Player One. I don't think a ready player one ride would ever replace BTTF at a fourth gate which used to be at USF. The popularity of BTTF is still their if any one off those try to attractions were ever to come back this obe is the front-runner. I just think a hill valley section area dedicated to BTTF would be awesome. Somehow fit in the buidling with the time clock ahead and make a lightning special effect to hit the clock as yo u are being launched in a BTTF deloreon styled coaster! It would just be cool. Look at the cast coming together in that recent photo a few months ago. Christopher Lloyd said he's not giving up on another movie.

Reactions: therock
When Alicia Stella said un her article as an excuse to bring a back to the future ride back to Universal I think she meant with the success of Ready Player One. I don't think a ready player one ride would ever replace BTTF at a fourth gate which used to be at USF. The popularity of BTTF is still their if any one off those try to attractions were ever to come back this obe is the front-runner. I just think a hill valley section area dedicated to BTTF would be awesome. Somehow fit in the buidling with the time clock ahead and make a lightning special effect to hit the clock as yo u are being launched in a BTTF deloreon styled coaster! It would just be cool. Look at the cast coming together in that recent photo a few months ago. Christopher Lloyd said he's not giving up on another movie.

Would it be cool? Maybe. Is it going to happen? Nah. Sorry man.

Reactions: Frogki
But a ready player one ride is more likely? Also another questio n when should we expect an official annoucement of a fourth gate with the layout map of lands/attractions/shops and restaraunts,etc. 2020? Or 2021 when WDW 50th anniversary comes? Ground breaking the new gate your saying could be like around when Galaxy Edge opens at DHS? Late 2019?

Just for the record, there are no credible sources for a Ready Player One attraction coming to the new park. That bit from the article was put there to rile up the fans of classic attractions like BttF. Would it be great, of course, but other than our own discussions here, I haven’t heard anything about bringing back BttF (or anything for Ready Player One). Sorry.

At least we have Doc Brown, the DeLorean, Time Train, and The Film Vault selling merch and prop replicas in USF. Better than nothing.

Isnt this the second time someone had tried to say disney was going to demolish Universal with some secret stuff? That never turned into anything so call me skeptical.

Isnt this the second time someone had tried to say disney was going to demolish Universal with some secret stuff? That never turned into anything so call me skeptical.
If the rumor is Disney has a whole lot more new attractions lined up to start construction on after the 50th anniversary, then let’s go.

But not sure how that hurts Universal, who’s also doing the same thing already themselves.

If the rumor is Disney has a whole lot more new attractions lined up to start construction on after the 50th anniversary, then let’s go.

But not sure how that hurts Universal, who’s also doing the same thing already themselves.
Yeah that was the same thing said before. Opening new things isn’t killing the other park.

Reactions: Alicia
I had heard that a fair number of the extremely negative Tripadvisor reviews for Volcano Bay originated in some office in Celebration. So it's not beyond Disney to play dirty.

Universal needs to pay some folks to hammer Disney on the need to take out a second mortgage on your house to buy pretzel.
I remember one of the Disney Imagineer writers used to post on WDW Magic and knocked Universal repeatedly. Universal got even though. When Disney fired him for some reason, Universal hired him. That shut him up. :):lol:

The dirtiest things Disney could do are:

1) Buy the remaining Stan Thomas parcels dotted around Site B, thus having some direct, legal leverage in its development.

2) Get the direct express rail from MCO to WDW (that bypasses I-Drive) built.

3) Buy Warner Brothers.

Battles are won in the mud.

Wars are won in offices.

1) Buy the remaining Stan Thomas parcels dotted around Site B, thus having some direct, legal leverage in its development.

3) Buy Warner Brothers.

Wars are won in offices.
after acquiring Fox, they'd probably have regulatory issues trying to buy Warner.

Not to mention when you consider the Time Warner/AT&T Merger, it'd be damn near impossible for Disney to get Warner Bros.
_
Also, then doing the Express Rail would be a hell of a moment, as I thought management doesn't take kindly to that thought.

3) Buy Warner Brothers.

Wars are won in offices.

3) Buy Warner Brothers and JK Rowling

Unless Disney foots the bill for express rail, it's not happening, or at least not JUST to Disney. Their stipulation for building rail to their property (at taxpayers expense) was that it couldn't stop at the Convention Center or anywhere else but Disney. I'm pretty sure the local/state government is not going to suddenly have a change of heart and give in to Disney's demands.

Reactions: HPFred and Scott W.

3) Buy Warner Brothers.

Wars are won in offices.
Step 1: Buy Warner Bros
Step 2: Buy Comcast
Step 3: Buy Planet Earth (the BBC series of course)
Step 4: Cancel Universal Orlando
Step 5: File for Bankruptcy

The "Television IPs" or the "Television-only IPs"? Because that's a big difference. Dragons and Trolls both have ongoing series on Netflix.

That being said...I want a Rocky and Bullwinkle ride to replace the Toon lagoon theater badly.
Construction walls while the theater is being demo’d:

“Here’s something you’ll really like!!!”
This is just an FYI, according to a respected insider I've been talking to privately, Disney is really going to be upping their game in Orlando in the future. This includes a mountain of new unannounced additions, but also a strategic effort to damage Universal. I can't go into detail (although he did with me), but they're really going to be playing dirty if what he told me is true.
The sleeping giant awakens...?
I am going to level, if this implies that they are thinking of doing a fifth park..then they are recklessly stupid.

Universal Orlando has been doing a lot of growth for USF and IOA, and alongside the growth of Citywalk and resorts; they need the space to expand.

Disney however, has five parks that need growth, and more importantly; need's to get better.
Yeah, please no park 5 yet.
I also think any chance for Disney to play dirty, went away when NBCUniversal and Nintendo announced their joint collaboration; not just when they got Warner Bros. for Harry Potter.

Since 2015, Universal and Nintendo have not only begun more on Osaka; but now on collaborating with the owned Illumination on animated films featuring Nintendo characters.

The only chance I see Disney going all out on growth for the parks, is if they intend on using 20CF as soon as once the deal closed. But until then, I don't see it having as much of an impact for Universal on the southern endeavor.
The difference maker here is that Disney has a great deal of IP up their own sleeves that they can utilize that hasn’t yet.

Reactions: Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.