Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Im no sure they were that well received.
And something i remember people saying about resident evil and videogames in general is that " they cant be scary and are for children"

I remember asking why the house came off as so goofy and colorful and i think someone here went " well it is based on a game, thats how it is supposed to be"

Thats why i think five nights at freedys would fit well. Because people already associate games with being for kids
Gotcha. Seems like every year, people end up requesting Bioshock and I feel it's perfect for house material. It would be a challenge though.

Good point about A Quiet Place, my first thought was Yes! but I don't think it could work with the constant chaos style of houses that Universal mostly has... I feel like it really would only work with pulsing because the whole terrror in that movie is trying to be quiet.

Also I think we talk too definitively about how good/bad houses are. I feel like it's up to individual interpretation and each run through. For example. I liked this years Blumhouse house better than last years? I loved the Halloween 4 house even though I thought the movie sucked. I thought the SAW house last year was fantastically scary though many disagreed. I didn't think Dead Exposure or ... Scarecrow were as amazing as everyone else thought....

So I think to the general population Michael popping out with loud noises and a knife might not be the most creative thing ever... but I'm sure it scares them.

Just my two cents.

Except for The Walking Dead house from 2015.... everyone can agree that SUCKED!
At the very least i'm with you here on Dead Exposure. I felt like that house was just black walls and strobes. I never had any runs where I experienced the much talked about "intensity" from the cast. It was a bit of a letdown house actually.

At the very least i'm with you here on Dead Exposure. I felt like that house was just black walls and strobes. I never had any runs where I experienced the much talked about "intensity" from the cast. It was a bit of a letdown house actually.

I think I overhyped it in my head... I was kind of thinking/hoping the stobes would be slower so it was darker and the flashes of light were shorter therefore having more movement inbetween each flash from the actors and props... I mean the strobes were so fast I didn't really get the feeling like I couldn't see haha

I think I overhyped it in my head... I was kind of thinking/hoping the stobes would be slower so it was darker and the flashes of light were shorter therefore having more movement inbetween each flash from the actors and props... I mean the strobes were so fast I didn't really get the feeling like I couldn't see haha

Now that you mention it, the original dead exposure DID have slower strobes

I live literally and figuratively in the Orlando bubble--so the WB event did well? Well enough that they might expand it to other markets? I think UOR is out but there are other potential partners around the Halloween mecca of Orlando.

Also, it can't be cheap to house performers from L.A. for 2 months when you have a large pool of local dancers willing to work for less than Equity actors at your disposal.

WB event apparently did very well, but I don't imagine it's going to travel. I would be unsurprised if Orlando got WB properties as exclusives.

Not too crazy. Even some people I know who like them agree it needs to go as it's just the same thing every year it's been around and it only appeals to a certain demographic whereas I felt like something like a B&T (or the Beetlejuice show that was proposed last year) are the types of shows that appeal to larger crowds.

I love Beetlejuice in the park. We always went to his show, kids loved it too (but we brainwashed them on 80's Rock).

Always gets me when he asks a woman if she ever made it with a dead guy, she says no, he looks at the male partner exaggeratedly, then says, "are you sure?"

Seen that bit 10 times I bet over the past 15 years, and loved it every time.

My daughter and I ran into Beetlejuice a couple years ago just walking around Hollywood, looked like he was maybe leaving a meet and greet and going backstage but he stopped for us to get a picture when we flagged him down. Told him we really missed his show and he said,"me too, kid, me too."

here's how i think st2 would be for a house

facade [arcade where it'll switch from normal to upside down]

scene 1 [ town area where a mind flayer projection will be there as a distressed "will" in ghostbusters outfit will be staring at it]

scene 2 [ room in fog where it simulates us being possessed by the mind flayer. a possessed "will" will scare us]

scene 3 [ dustin's bedroom where the demo-cat dart will scare.it will sorta be like the facehugger puppets in avp.]

scene 4 [ junkyard with steve with his spiked bat, demo-dogs will come out for scares]

scene 5 [ pumpkin patch with rotting pumpkins. "will" will be there on the floor writhing, a hazmat guy will come for a scare]

scene 6 [ tunnels where a hopper will be inside the floor covered in vines. multiple water effects will be in the walls]

scene 7 [ tunnels again but agents will come out but get dragged away by demo-dogs. a animatronic demo-dog will come out at the end]

scene 8 [ lab hallway with demo-dogs eating scientists in a eleavator]

scene 9 [ boiler room with air being sprayed at us from pipe. demo-dog will pop out again]

scene 10 [ lab hallway where bob will sneak out of the closet. a audio trigger of a mop falling will play as a demo-dog will attack us]

scene 11 [ bob's death as multiple demo-dogs eat him alive. it will sorta be like noah's death scene in the walking dead 2015 haunt. hopper will pop out with a gun trying to shoot them off]

scene 12 [ shed scene where "will" will be strapped down on the chair telling us to let him go in a demonic voice]

scene 13 [ byer's living room with all the drawings. a demo-dog will be thrown at the window by eleven.]

scene 14 [ hopper's cabin with "wills" exorcism. he will be there trying to strangle joyce, nancy will come out with a fire poker]

scene 15 [ the gate where eleven is there trying to close it. a giant animatronic mind flayer hand will pop out of the hole as multiple demo-dogs will come out from the wall]

scene 16 [ school facade where a giant mind flayer will be above. a demo-dog will come out for a final scare]

I wonder if we would be more likely to get a Scream house now that Weinsteins wouldn't be involved? Maybe not in 2019, but in the future when the rights settle down a bit and they become more desperate to keep the franchise name relevant.

IMO, the problem with AoV is it's not a "main draw" show and it definitely has no suffers for repeat viewings with the multi-nighters. I thought the show was fine, but it was the weakest of their 3 years. I think they work better in a more intimate setting, with more crowd participation. Ideally, they should move to Animal Actors next year (if it survives). Do I think they come back? Probably - but I wouldn't be surprised if HHN moves on, too.

The question is what replaces AOV at this point? If legal won't approve a parody show, I don't see what else but AoV would be the big show
Do we know for fact that it was legal that kiboshed a parody show? Seems like the sort of thing that could just be wild rumor.