Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 392 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is likely. The IPs are going to be standard. Nothing shocking. But the park is still going to be really good, I think.

I would expect it to be largely that.

But I would also expect things like a coaster or two, which people don't like around here for whatever reason.

I'd also say the same about the attraction offerings at large. This is still Universal. I expect much less screen use, but I still expect most of the attractions to be faster paced, and very few slower dark rides.
*Unthemed coasters.

Reactions: belloq87
I mean..look at the efforts being done by Universal as of recently, especially with Skull Island, Diagon Alley, and the visuals so-far with Nintendo.
All I’m saying is it could be confusing if on one hand they say DisneySEA and then on the other essentially say “it’s a Universal Park. If you’re expecting more you’re wrong.”
:rolleyes:

Yes. Welcome to Universal theme parks.
Theme Parks should be fully themed no matter who’s operating them. New Harry Potter coaster, the Mummy, how Donkey Kong sounds to be, etc. should be the goal for coasters.

All I’m saying is it could be confusing if on one hand they say DisneySEA and then on the other essentially say “it’s a Universal Park. If you’re expecting more you’re wrong.”

I would expect the best themed Uni park in the same way TDS is the best themed Disney park.

Theme Parks should be fully themed no matter who’s operating them.

Whatever man. We get it.

Reactions: youhow2 and TDBLMT
There's no way we know each and every IP in this park. And Universal said that they'll be using future Universal franchises/movies in the parks. Not to mention that this looks like perfect land material. Who wouldn't want to see it?
"Future Universal franchises/movies in the parks" - Doctor Doolittle

And I'll pass on seeing that film in the new park. It doesn't fit where they're going with it.
Keeping my fingers crossed for Wizarding world levels of theming here!
That's kind of their whole bit with this park. It may not be across the board, but they're striving for a new level of park-wide immersion.

But it's still a theme park.

Considering that Mortal Engines when it comes down to it, is a post-apocalyptic future where the world's population lives in mechanized cities, with a heavy use of steampunk.

Meanwhile, Fantastic Beasts takes place in the early 1900's; in a world filled with wizards, witches, and a plethora of magical creatures roaming around the world, unbeknownst to muggles/nomags.

Reactions: DisneyDoof
"It doesn't fit where they're going with it" Ummm, neither does Fantastic Beasts.

Why doesn't Mortal Engines fit with the direction they're going in? If Mortal Engines doesn't fit (I'm assuming because of the urban environment) than FB doesn't either.
Mortal Engines is a dystopian hell-scape where metropolis's are literally devouring smaller cities for resources. Conversely -

Nintendo - Whimsical/safe fantasy
DreamWorks - Whimsical/safe fantasy
Fantastic Beasts - Fantastical/Magical
Classic Monsters - Safe Scary/Fantastical
RPO - Technology-based fantasy
Doolittle - Fantastical

See the difference? People are ignoring the context of the word "Fantastic." It's fantasy. It's fun.

Mortal Engines is a dystopian hell-scape where metropolis's are literally devouring smaller cities for resources. Conversely -

Nintendo - Whimsical/safe fantasy
DreamWorks - Whimsical/safe fantasy
Fantastic Beasts - Fantastical/Magical
Classic Monsters - Safe Scary/Fantastical
RPO - Technology-based fantasy
Doolittle - Fantastical

See the difference? People are ignoring the context of the word "Fantastic." It's fantasy. It's fun.

Okay, never mind, I see your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.