Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The worst part about right now is that this is what we face:

1. Seven months before SWL open in Disneyland, followed by Youtube blowing up from all of us impatient people looking for ride footage. Nothing to look at but general outside theming until then.
2. Seven to ten months before MMRR opens and gives us a brief flash of hope.
3. One year before SLW opens at WDW which becomes more unbearable if the reviews from out west are so awesome that phrases like "mind blowing" are used too frequently and with actual meaning.
4. For WDW, three years or more before Fastpasses become less than impossible to obtain. You might have to book a two-week vacation if you want to get a FP on your last day.

Even on IOA, we still have six or seven months (roughly) for the new coaster to open. At the least, we stand a chance of actually riding it without waiting five and a half hours.

This brings up a question. Does Disney charge you for cancelling a ressie? I haven't stayed there since free dining included tip.

Could there be massive amounts of folks scheduling a fake long vacation, and a real one, simply to be able to grab FPs?

This brings up a question. Does Disney charge you for cancelling a ressie? I haven't stayed there since free dining included tip.

Could there be massive amounts of folks scheduling a fake long vacation, and a real one, simply to be able to grab FPs?

You can cancel a reservation more than 30 days out without a charge (from what I recall since I had to do that a couple years ago). I had heard that WDW put some controls in place to prevent people doing what I just described. However, I really don't know how they can manage it but, since I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I'm sure that enough others have thought of and tried this that WDW will take steps to prevent.

You can cancel a reservation more than 30 days out without a charge (from what I recall since I had to do that a couple years ago). I had heard that WDW put some controls in place to prevent people doing what I just described. However, I really don't know how they can manage it but, since I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I'm sure that enough others have thought of and tried this that WDW will take steps to prevent.
If you cancel more than 30 days out, and have FP reservations for more than 30+ days away, the system should be smart enough to remove those FPs, so you can make them within 30 days just like other guests not staying on-site.

Of course, should be smart enough, and what the system actually does are too very different things.

Reactions: SkiBum
I had the same thought when staying in September. You can’t make an advanced FP reservation and then cancel your stay. The FP will be cancelled.

If you cancel more than 30 days out, and have FP reservations for more than 30+ days away, the system should be smart enough to remove those FPs, so you can make them within 30 days just like other guests not staying on-site.

Of course, should be smart enough, and what the system actually does are too very different things.

My only thought (please know that I wouldn't do this) would be that you could cancel half your reservation but maintain the FP+ for the time of your stay). However, like you said, I have to think that they are aware of this gaming of the system and would have worked to prevent it.

Even if you have an AP, or non expiring tickets in your MDE?

If you stay on site, you get to book your FP 60 days out instead of the standard 30 days out. The idea is that you book a room with free cancellation , book your FP 60 days out and then cancel your hotel reservation and still keep your FP.

It doesn’t matter about your ticket because you can buy a normal ticket and use it whenever.

If you stay on site, you get to book your FP 60 days out instead of the standard 30 days out. The idea is that you book a room with free cancellation , book your FP 60 days out and then cancel your hotel reservation and still keep your FP.

It doesn’t matter about your ticket because you can buy a normal ticket and use it whenever.

Right. And the FP system is smart enough to know your reservations? It knows that you made a 69 day out FP with one ressie, but then that one is cancelled, you have another ressie that the FP would be 39 days out,and you cancel the first. The FP is on park media that you already have in MDE. It really is that smart?

People have seen this happen first hand?

Right. And the FP system is smart enough to know your reservations? It knows that you made a 69 day out FP with one ressie, but then that one is cancelled, you have another ressie that the FP would be 39 days out,and you cancel the first. The FP is on park media that you already have in MDE. It really is that smart?

People have seen this happen first hand?

Of course it’s that smart, after the ridiculous cost in building it. It wouldn’t that be difficult to programme and the last thing Disney want is people taking advantage of the system, especially when they’re expecting rooms to be on short supply for Star Wars opening.

I at one point was considering cancelling my reservation and was told that my FP would also be cancelled. At this point it was within the 30 day window and nothing I had selected was available.

Reactions: natespf
Of course it’s that smart, after the ridiculous cost in building it. It wouldn’t that be difficult to programme and the last thing Disney want is people taking advantage of the system, especially when they’re expecting rooms to be on short supply for Star Wars opening.

I at one point was considering cancelling my reservation and was told that my FP would also be cancelled. At this point it was within the 30 day window and nothing I had selected was available.

And in you situation, you did not have ticket media associated with the reservation? You seem to be dancing around that. And no one else has chimed in that it happened to them.

According to a few private messages I had previously received, people were able to get away with that loophole until about 6 months ago when Disney finally figured out it was happening and closed the loophole. It was being used big time to beat the Pandora fast pass system up until then.

Reactions: natespf and Alicia
According to a few private messages I had previously received, people were able to get away with that loophole until about 6 months ago when Disney finally figured out it was happening and closed the loophole. It was being used big time to beat the Pandora fast pass system up until then.

There is another loophole but this might have been patched as well.

You get 60 days out for your FP plus the length of the ticket you have, not the length of your stay. People were booking at camp wilderness which can accommodate up to 10 guests, you get magic bands and some were doing it for as low as $60 a night.