Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 431 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, hopefully. I think USF needs something big, new, and really good to be able to hold its own against a whole new park and what IoA is getting.
While I understand the sentiment, USF has a similar "first park/flagship effect" to Magic Kingdom (nowhere near the same scale as MK's relative to WDW's other parks, but it's there).

USF will almost always be the most visited Universal park in Orlando. I'd be surprised if that ever changed.

The reason that I say that is because most one-time visitors to Orlando really don't know what's in the parks; WDW visitors usually go to MK first while UOR visitors go to USF first. Yes the more savvy repeat visitors may plan their trips to target specific attractions, but that doesn't seem like anywhere near a majority portion of guests. Most parents with young kids are really just checking off a list "I took my kids to Disney World (Magic Kingdom) or Universal Studios"...; it's really only the families with older teens or guests in their 20s or 30s that are probably the most savvy at what's in the parks.

Now there is a reasonable chance that additions like Nintendo and Star Wars are so splashy and have a huge impact on mindshare that their parks receive a disproportionate boost, but I don't see how it could ever be a negative for USF.

Universal (and Disney) executives know that USF (and MK) will always receive an unfair advantage in terms of mindshare as the "first park/flagship property" which is why they spend so much effort trying to get people to go to the other parks.

Last edited:
Enough people I trust seem to be saying KidZone's happening...but it is KidZone. So who knows.

I also think Shrek goes before Park 3 opens.
I feel like Shrek (the IP) is going to be "moved" over to the new park, and expanded into an actual ride...Bring in SLOP to Shrek building and you have a break in the screen based stuff

Plus a new mostly practical show in Hollywood

While I understand the sentiment, USF has a similar "first park/flagship effect" to Magic Kingdom (nowhere near the same scale as MK's relative to WDW's other parks, but it's there).

USF will almost always be the most visited Universal park in Orlando. I'd be surprised if that ever changed.

The reason that I say that is because most one-time visitors to Orlando really don't know what's in the parks; WDW visitors usually go to MK first while UOR visitors go to USF first. Yes the more savvy repeat visitors may plan their trips to target specific attractions, but that doesn't seem like anywhere near a majority portion of guests. Most parents with young kids are really just checking off a list "I took my kids to Disney World (Magic Kingdom) or Universal Studios"...; it's really only the families with older teens or guests in their 20s or 30s that are probably the most savvy at what's in the parks.

Now there is a reasonable chance that additions like Nintendo and Star Wars are so splashy and have a huge impact on mindshare that their parks receive a disproportionate boost, but I don't see how it could ever be a negative for USF.

Universal (and Disney) executives know that USF (and MK) will always receive an unfair advantage in terms of mindshare as the "first park/flagship property" which is why they spend so much effort trying to get people to go to the other parks.
Idk. Most of Magic Kingdom’s appeal also has to do with the fact that it has the most and the best rides overall. USF, in my mind, can easily be toppled by the new park if it’s as good as people say it’ll be.

The main complaint I’m making here is the apparent lack of anything really good on the horizon for USF. Even the Ministry of Magic which seemed like a shoein as an expansion of London could end up in the new park instead of USF if @JungleSkip is correct in that assumption I saw him make, lol.

I'm with you, USF has probably taken the biggest transformation of any park in Orlando but it still doesn't feel like it's where it should be and I still love the park.

Hopefully with the park getting built, the current resort will get some love and since IOA is currently getting most of that, USF is overdue for some.

From 2010 through 2013 IOA had higher attendance than USF.
Yeah, that was the Harry Potter effect for IoA; but once it was in both parks, the natural equilibrium was restored with USF continuing to be the more visited park.

I don't see anything on the horizon that changes the balance between USF and IoA in the short term.

Obviously, Nintendo in the 3rd park is a gigantic X factor that is sort of impossible to gauge. Nintendo's characters are so popular that it should be similar to Harry Potter as the type of attraction that can drive attendance.

Just got caught up on this thread and had to add: Fantastic Beasts 2nd film was a total turd not worthy of the wizarding world (this is the first time I have said this about anything Harry Potter/ WW related) and I hope they can redeem the series, or they had better make no theme park investments in anything but the classics.

He got his AP for the EYE? Just kidding Dan.
You got brass ones going up on that thing in the wind

Won't need one ;-), I have a few other plans that I hope you guys will enjoy coming up soon in a few months. New park is really pushing dirt right now and the overall shape is slowly starting to come together. I've said it before and I'll say it again....you really can't get a grasp as to how large this plot of land is until you see it with your own eyes from an elevated position.

Won't need one ;-), I have a few other plans that I hope you guys will enjoy coming up soon in a few months. New park is really pushing dirt right now and the overall shape is slowly starting to come together. I've said it before and I'll say it again....you really can't get a grasp as to how large this plot of land is until you see it with your own eyes from an elevated position.
Still looks pretty dang massive from the ground :bigeye:

Love the pics of pushing dirt around, keep em coming :popcorn:

Yeah, that was the Harry Potter effect for IoA; but once it was in both parks, the natural equilibrium was restored with USF continuing to be the more visited park.

I don't see anything on the horizon that changes the balance between USF and IoA in the short term.

Obviously, Nintendo in the 3rd park is a gigantic X factor that is sort of impossible to gauge. Nintendo's characters are so popular that it should be similar to Harry Potter as the type of attraction that can drive attendance.
IOA has never been marketed or talked about by Universal properly...I feel like when Harry Potter opened, that was the first time a lot of folks realized IOA existed

Either way, they need to focus hard on USF before the new park opens

Status
Not open for further replies.