Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 430 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To take the thread in a different direction. What are thinking for water rides?

Theme wise, I have nothing to add but with the lack of a quiet season now and people visiting throughout the year, particularly winter, I hope that the water rides that leave you completely drenched will be a thing of the past or perhaps build a water ride that can change how wet you get so that they can still add capacity during the colder months.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think Shrek or Trolls is a shoe in for a boat ride.

Also, thinking outside the box, a Donkey Kong themed splash battle ride would be a good way to get a “soaker” in the park without dedicating an E-ticket to such a ride

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think Shrek or Trolls is a shoe in for a boat ride.

Also, thinking outside the box, a Donkey Kong themed splash battle ride would be a good way to get a “soaker” in the park without dedicating an E-ticket to such a ride

I'm not sure I want a boat ride if we're going to get something Madgascar quality. No hiding sloppy or lacking showmanship in a ride with that much vantage and slow motion.

I'm not sure I want a boat ride if we're going to get something Madgascar quality. No hiding sloppy or lacking showmanship in a ride with that much vantage and slow motion.

Eh. I think Madagascar is a product of USS’s management and a bungled original design. I think Universal has come a long way since then.

But I agree that it would need to be better than that ride

Poor USF. First Jurassic Park moves to IOA and history repeats itself again with Nintendo.
And when it does get new stuff the other park has a better version. Spidey vs. Transformers, Kong vs. F&F, FJ vs. Gringotts, possibly the new Potter coaster vs. Gringotts if you want to do just coaster vs. coaster, etc.

This is part of the reason Nintendo being moved was particularly upsetting. USF was finally poised to be getting something incredible post Diagon Alley only to have the rug pulled from under it. It really seems like Uni’s red headed stepchild in Florida. All the really good stuff went to IoA and the good stuff being made now is saved for the new park, lol.

And when it does get new stuff the other park has a better version. Spidey vs. Transformers, Kong vs. F&F, FJ vs. Gringotts, possibly the new Potter coaster vs. Gringotts if you want to do just coaster vs. coaster, etc.

This is part of the reason Nintendo being moved was particularly upsetting. USF was finally poised to be getting something incredible post Diagon Alley only to have the rug pulled from under it. It really seems like Uni’s red headed stepchild in Florida. All the really good stuff went to IoA and the good stuff being made now is saved for the new park, lol.

If the other park always gets a better version then this should hopefully be a good thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas and tielo
You're saying that there'll be ten rides, but Nintendo already has three, maybe four. That's potentially close to half of the parks' rides in one land. That'll be some real bull if that happens.
MSHI opened with 3 rides of the 9/10 IOA opened with. Didn't stop them there did it?

Again, 9/10 depending on if you count Island Skipper Tours.

Reactions: truejonas
Yup! And those shows shaped who I am as a person and got me into filmmaking when I was younger. Plus of course horror make up. (Loved the original The Fly ending!)

Not to take this thread too off-track, but I loved those shows, too. Even at age 6 when I went for the first time. I had even seen an edited-for-television version of THE FLY by that point, so actually seeing the Telepods and the Brundlefly puppet pretty much made me lose my mind!

Reactions: Alicia
If the other park always gets a better version then this should hopefully be a good thing.
That doesn’t make sense. There’s no Nintendo rides in USF to compare to or rides that use the same ride systems which is what I was referring to. Note the comparisons I made of the Harry Potter rides in both current parks and then Kong and F&F. Both times, USF appears to get the short end of the stick. Nintendo was going to change that but whatever. Hopefully if Pokémon takes over KidZone USF can finally get out of its rut in like 2025, lol.

Reactions: Scott W.
That doesn’t make sense. There’s no Nintendo rides in USF to compare to or rides that use the same ride systems which is what I was referring to. Note the comparisons I made of the Harry Potter rides in both current parks and then Kong and F&F. Both times, USF appears to get the short end of the stick. Nintendo was going to change that but whatever. Hopefully if Pokémon takes over KidZone USF can finally get out of its rut in like 2025, lol.

All I want is the best version they can build. if it takes longer then so be it. I'm in no rush.

Reactions: truejonas
All I want is the best version they can build. if it takes longer then so be it. I'm in no rush.
The main complaint I’m making here is the apparent lack of anything really good on the horizon for USF. Even the Ministry of Magic which seemed like a shoein as an expansion of London could end up in the new park instead of USF if @JungleSkip is correct in that assumption I saw him make, lol.

The main complaint I’m making here is the apparent lack of anything really good on the horizon for USF. Even the Ministry of Magic which seemed like a shoein as an expansion of London could end up in the new park instead of USF if @JungleSkip is correct in that assumption I saw him make, lol.

Well, the KidZone Expansion is something.... :lol:

Enough people I trust seem to be saying KidZone's happening...but it is KidZone. So who knows.

I also think Shrek goes before Park 3 opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.