Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

Used to be normal when CBBR first opened.

And it got me hooked just like my crack dealer did. (wait... what?)

Now I'm paying $130 or so without blinking an eye because we love it so much. I'd still pay more. :bs:

Is this "private sale" available to everyone?

Looks like it was just sent to APs, and that "starting from $89" has yet to be seen my number plugging. I don't think anyone is surprised. Got it down to $94.77 a night during our normal HHN trip time (for 2020, obviously), so it's definitely not half bad.

EDIT: I'm guessing anyone with the link can probably get in to that site, so it's probably not an "exclusive sale", we were just the first notified.

Looks like it was just sent to APs, and that "starting from $89" has yet to be seen my number plugging. I don't think anyone is surprised. Got it down to $94.77 a night during our normal HHN trip time (for 2020, obviously), so it's definitely not half bad.

EDIT: I'm guessing anyone with the link can probably get in to that site, so it's probably not an "exclusive sale", we were just the first notified.
I'm not an AP, haven't been for a long time, but I got the email. I think it's if you're on the Universal info mailing list.

I'm not an AP, haven't been for a long time, but I got the email. I think it's if you're on the Universal info mailing list.

Anyone confirm? I have two separate addresses signed up for their emails (my AP one wasn't working for some time, and I was testing), and I've only gotten it for my AP address.

This is going up so fast. I drove by today and almost thought I was lost for a second.
The footprint will forever change that Corner.

I was down there mid December and was utterly floored by Surfside, and how quickly Dockside was already going. Frankly, it was great to see them in person - as much as I looked at Google Maps, you don't realize just how close they actually are to the parks until you can see Krakatau and Surfside in the same field of view.

Is Volcano Bay walkable from these new resorts?

Your walking options are to citywalk to get a bus or boat to sapphire from there.

If you want sidewalks the whole way, cross over I4 enter citywalk, take Royal Pacific path all the way to Aventura then walk to the entrance from Aventura.

The "not so safe" way would be to cross Univeral Blvd (jaywalk) right after you get over to the bridge, cut over the wooded berm on Universal Blvd into the Royal Pacific parking lot, then walk through the convention center to the front of Sapphire, then use the Aventura entrance to Volcano bay. Sidewalk way is about 2 miles, shortcut about 1.5 miles. Either way I wouldn't really consider that walk-able.

Last edited:
Is Volcano Bay walkable from these new resorts?
Yes, but walking to any of the parks from these will be much more dangerous than walking within the current Universal Campus. It’s also not a short walk, but doable if you’re the type of person who likes to walk.

As Brian said, better off taking a bus.