Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

I'm guessing Cabana also sees a lot more families, yes?

Foodwise, sit down tends to be better - we're both doing keto, and pretty much any quick service place in UOR is a counter of disappointment. :grin:
They both see a lot of families, but Portofino is more spread out and relaxed and even has a leisure pool separate from the play pool, for a little more adult quiet time.

I prefer the pools at Cabana, but if you want that Express go for Portofino. Also, Portofino is more relaxed/romantic. Cabana's more high energy and fun. Both have their strengths, so it may depend on what you're in the mood for.

EDIT: Also, food is much less expensive and more options on the cheap at Cabana. Portofino has a little pizza window with some grab and go sandwiches, but everything else is sit-down and pricey. I like the easy cheaper food court style quick service and the two poolside lounges at Cabana better.

The food was another point for me at Hard Rock. Some times I just wanted a quick service meal.

The other thing about Cabana Bay is that it’s also right next door to Volcano Bay which I don’t think was mentioned. That completely justifies the price now.

how long do you think it will take to get to the transportation hub from Surfside compared to CBBR?

If you stay at Cabana Bay you also have the option to walk over to Saphire Falls and take the boat to CityWalk instead of using the buses.

I can't picture this... last time we stayed we were very close to the Volcano Bay entrance. Would this be on the other end?

It really shouldn't be all that different. They're virtually the same distance away.

The Maps de Google say it's a five minute car drive. I can say from past experience (having stayed in the BW Orlando Gateway just down the street) that it's actually not a bad walk in, either. I4 clogs your lungs when you walk over, but otherwise is a pretty decent walk for active folk.

If you stay at Cabana Bay you also have the option to walk over to Saphire Falls and take the boat to CityWalk instead of using the buses.

We took the boats while we were at Aventura, and it was great. Honestly worth it just to skip the security line at CityWalk. Couldn't figure out how to get across the street to Cabana Bay without playing Frogger, though.

I can't picture this... last time we stayed we were very close to the Volcano Bay entrance. Would this be on the other end?
The walk on the path from CBBR to CitiWalk is apx. the same as Portofino to Citiwalk, namely 15-18 minutes, depending if you walk fast or leisurely. It takes about 5 minutes or so to walk across the street to Sapphire, go into the lobby, and walk down to the dock for the water taxi.

The Maps de Google say it's a five minute car drive. I can say from past experience (having stayed in the BW Orlando Gateway just down the street) that it's actually not a bad walk in, either. I4 clogs your lungs when you walk over, but otherwise is a pretty decent walk for active folk.

We took the boats while we were at Aventura, and it was great. Honestly worth it just to skip the security line at CityWalk. Couldn't figure out how to get across the street to Cabana Bay without playing Frogger, though.

What is the official line for crossing the road? Use the overpass near IOA or I guess you could now go under the road via the Volcano Bay bus stop and through Aventura.

What is the official line for crossing the road? Use the overpass near IOA or I guess you could now go under the road via the Volcano Bay bus stop and through Aventura.

That last option would require two stops at security?

I still do not get why folks don’t cross over the road, I guess I tend to stay in the motel type courtyard rooms and have often stayed near the walking path gate.

Agreed but since the two hotels are marketed together as Endless Summer Resort (and Surfside refers to Dockside as their "sister" hotel in marketing materials) it would make sense to allow guests to flow between the properties without stepping out into traffic.

I'm sure traffic would just love that road getting shut down to build a bridge. I agree that it would be beneficial and a nice perk, but is not really a necessity.

I'm sure traffic would just love that road getting shut down to build a bridge. I agree that it would be beneficial and a nice perk, but is not really a necessity.
A bridge just got installed over Kirkman and it caused like, 6 hours worth of disturbance, if that. To most people, a bridge just popped up over night.

A bridge just got installed over Kirkman and it caused like, 6 hours worth of disturbance, if that. To most people, a bridge just popped up over night.

Wow. I guess my bridge building expertise is more limited than I thought! I'll stick to them computers instead. :)

Yeah, I forgot to mention that when I drove past the site last week. We drove south on Universal Blvd and there was nothing, then an hour later they had the first part of a stairway tower up. The next day the other walls of the stair tower were all in place and the prefab stair sections were being lowered in. They are wasting no time at all!