Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

I think you mean "light and airy"

But seriously, this hotel was always marketed on its 'simplisitc style'
When I think simplistic, blank, white walls isn’t what comes to mind. Simplicity is a style, but it’s not implemented correctly in these rooms imo from a decor standpoint.

The foundations for dockside don't really look ready to start going vertical, although it's hopefully not too far off.

It seems the construction order for it will be north tower first, east garage second, check-in building third, and the south portion after that.

Should be fun to watch!

This hotel is INFINITELY better looking than the Disney value resorts even when viewed as a construction site. Anyone know if there will be an elevated walkway connecting Surfside and Dockside? I don't remember seeing it in the renderings but that doesn't mean one isn't planned.
Everything has followed the renderings perfectly so far, so I would assume that there won't be an elevated walkway connecting them, at least in the near term. And honestly there shouldn't be much of reason to cross between the two, so an elevated walkway doesn't make sense especially when there is a crosswalk right there should you have a sudden need to cross.

Everything has followed the renderings perfectly so far, so I would assume that there won't be an elevated walkway connecting them, at least in the near term. And honestly there shouldn't be much of reason to cross between the two, so an elevated walkway doesn't make sense especially when there is a crosswalk right there should you have a sudden need to cross.
Agreed but since the two hotels are marketed together as Endless Summer Resort (and Surfside refers to Dockside as their "sister" hotel in marketing materials) it would make sense to allow guests to flow between the properties without stepping out into traffic.

Agreed but since the two hotels are marketed together as Endless Summer Resort (and Surfside refers to Dockside as their "sister" hotel in marketing materials) it would make sense to allow guests to flow between the properties without stepping out into traffic.

I don't think it's going to be any different than the set up between Swan and Dolphin. Each hotel will have all the amenities you need without having to cross the road. I assume that also includes their bus stops.

I poked around the booking site for the hotels and saw the price...dang, I like that price savings! (I was seeing $81 for the "seasonal savings" or whatever it's called.)

IIRC, wasn't Cabana Bay just a little below this price range before it got monetarily booted skyward to keep the riffraff out?

I poked around the booking site for the hotels and saw the price...dang, I like that price savings! (I was seeing $81 for the "seasonal savings" or whatever it's called.)

IIRC, wasn't Cabana Bay just a little below this price range before it got monetarily booted skyward to keep the riffraff out?

I'd say the price went up because they could justify it. Endless Summer is probably gong to be a very similar experience but further from the parks so it can't demand the same price.

Endless Summer is going to be a gateway hotel for people wanting to stay on site.

I think Cabana was a tad higher but that property I feel was underpriced to perform. I don’t think prices went up to keep “riffraff out”.

Yea, they went up cause they'd know I'd pay it! Love that resort.

I’m torn between CBBR and Hard Hard for my next trip. If it’s a two week stay at Universal, then CBBR is in the sweet spot but if I do a week at Disney and Universal then the Express Pass is too good to pass up and might work out cheaper than CBBR and buying Express Pass.

I’m torn between CBBR and Hard Hard for my next trip. If it’s a two week stay at Universal, then CBBR is in the sweet spot but if I do a week at Disney and Universal then the Express Pass is too good to pass up and might work out cheaper than CBBR and buying Express Pass.
Yea, the Express Pass is the deciding vote for me too. If I don't need it, Cabana wins. Always. But sometimes you just don't wanna wait in lines!

I'd say the price went up because they could justify it.

I think Cabana was a tad higher but that property I feel was underpriced to perform. I don’t think prices went up to keep “riffraff out”.

That makes sense. I thought I had heard that it used to be a much cheaper hotel, until people started booking and just hanging out at the hotel rather than going into the parks (and allegedly having a dang good alcoholic time doing so). I might be confusing it with something else, or maybe it was just a rumor?

Yea, they went up cause they'd know I'd pay it! Love that resort.

I've been wanting to check it out myself. My boyfriend made the astute comment of "it looks like it's from the 60s!". Yes, that is kind of the point.
We were planning on doing Portofino for our next HHN trip, but I am a fan of cheap - I might talk myself down to Cabana Bay or Surfside, just to say I've gone to them.

I've been wanting to check it out myself. My boyfriend made the astute comment of "it looks like it's from the 60s!". Yes, that is kind of the point.
We were planning on doing Portofino for our next HHN trip, but I am a fan of cheap - I might talk myself down to Cabana Bay or Surfside, just to say I've gone to them.
I prefer the pools at Cabana, but if you want that Express go for Portofino. Also, Portofino is more relaxed/romantic. Cabana's more high energy and fun. Both have their strengths, so it may depend on what you're in the mood for.

EDIT: Also, food is much less expensive and more options on the cheap at Cabana. Portofino has a little pizza window with some grab and go sandwiches, but everything else is sit-down and pricey. I like the easy cheaper food court style quick service and the two poolside lounges at Cabana better.

I prefer the pools at Cabana, but if you want that Express go for Portofino. Also, Portofino is more relaxed/romantic. Cabana's more high energy and fun. Both have their strengths, so it may depend on what you're in the mood for.

EDIT: Also, food is much less expensive and more options on the cheap at Cabana. Portofino has a little pizza window with some grab and go sandwiches, but everything else is sit-down and pricey. I like the easy cheaper food court style quick service and the two poolside lounges at Cabana better.

I'm guessing Cabana also sees a lot more families, yes?

Foodwise, sit down tends to be better - we're both doing keto, and pretty much any quick service place in UOR is a counter of disappointment. :grin: