Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m curious what the queue looks like up to the ship preshow. My assumption is they are loading the ship and unloading so that when you enter the big room it’s only your ship group in there... I can’t imagine it would make much sense to enter the big room full of other prisoners? Curious how they handle it. Seems very stretching room into hallway to me.

I’m hoping the queue is themed like the corridors leading to the different launch pads in Tatotine (sp).

Once you are on the ship I’m expecting we will have cast members dressed like imperial offices with storm troopers in the back ground with their guns up. Possible a cast member in storm trooper outfit that says “move along”

Instead of handcuffs they could make everyone (that can) put their arms behind their head , similar to Han Solo and the gang at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Sorry this post came with no pictures , if you’ve seen the films as many times as I have. You should know what I’m describing

I'm just going to say it: you don't get it. When this land opens in Disneyland, you'll understand...or at least become incredibly defensive. A couple of months ago you were saying this land could just be a "simulator and a D-ticket dark ride". Then you were saying that the Millennium Falcon attraction wasn't going to really be interactive. Now it's "they're not recreating something familiar". Some of your posts suggest a strong bias toward Universal's parks. Nothing wrong with that, but let's not pretend otherwise.

Let me spell it out for you: most impressive, ambitious dark ride in the world. Bar none.

Even still, I know you won't believe it till you see it. Which is why I'm anxiously looking forward to June.

About the only thing not true is D ticket dark ride. It does seem Disney has finally decided to build a true state of the art dark ride Stateside. However, it was just last week we were changing ride vehicles for the "thrilling finale".

I agree with those saying it is TOO good. The Studios park was already ridiculously packed. Now add in my 5000 occupancy for this land, although you lost Motors, which was probably 2000. The park will reach capacity, or very close to it, daily for a year perhaps. Getting an FP+ will be impossible unless you are staying on site for like 10 days.

I have had a Universal bias, as Disney World has done very little that was world class IMHO since Splash Mountain. They even screwed up cloning Indy.

I'm actually happy the land is "generic space port" themed. I won't be as anxious to just walk around. Same with there not being a Tatooine Cantina, but instead just a generic space cantina.

I think DL will be Ok with crowds, assuming SP holders will be blocked out for many months. WDW will be insane. If NRJ still draws 2+ hour lines, in mid November, Disney has a big issue in their hands.

I still suspect morning and evening extra hour events to occur daily for probably months to try and alleviate it

Finally, I sure hope the 1029 person queue is only a small part of it. If not, half of the land will be filled with temporary queue ropes.

Personally I’m more excited about the Potter coasters, but I love coasters.

I’m a huge Star Wars fan, but like others said, I dread the crowds.

I do think this will be great, I’ve just been fooled by Disney hype before , so I’m a little cautious.

I like coasters, but I like the big-boy coasters such as x2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

At Disney & Universal, it's all about themed attractions for me like Pirates, Indy, FJ, etc.

Which is why I'm a lot more excited for GE. But to be fair, one is a whole land with 2 attractions and the other is 1 attraction.

Last edited:
I'm guessing both the Resistance & Potter will be excellent attractions. But they are so different from one another, in ride tech, content, build, presentation etc., that it won't be fair to compare them with each other. I'm sufficiently happy that we will have two attractions, that in all probability, will be among the very best in any theme park.

Super excited for this attraction, but probably won’t ride it for a year or more due to the waits. It might be the one I stupidly pay for a late night ticket for though.

I'm guessing both the Resistance & Potter will be excellent attractions. But they are so different from one another, in ride tech, content, build, presentation etc., that it won't be fair to compare them with each other. I'm sufficiently happy that we will have two attractions, that in all probability, will be among the very best in any theme park.

It's neck-and-neck for me between this ride and the Potter coaster in terms of anticipation level. Both represent things I've wanted to see from their respective companies for a while:

Disney - A new showstopping E-ticket dark ride in their Florida parks; after watching the foreign parks get the likes of Journey to the Center of the Earth, Mystic Manor, and Shanghai Pirates, it's well past time for WDW to get one of those.
Universal - A highly-themed E-ticket roller coaster; after a decade of attractions designed primarily around the integration of video media, Universal is about to deliver the biggest-scale "for real" ride experience since they opened IOA.

Personally I’m more excited about the Potter coasters, but I love coasters.

I’m a huge Star Wars fan, but like others said, I dread the crowds.

I do think this will be great, I’ve just been fooled by Disney hype before , so I’m a little cautious.

I'm with you on this. The coaster looks like a lot of fun and I won't have to wait as long (even less if I spring for Uni Express). While I think that RotR may be the better ride of the two, having to try and score FP+ or facing three plus hour waits detracts a great deal of its appeal. However, the two rides are so different that it is difficult to compare. HP coaster will probably be in the three minute range, maybe a little longer with the show scenes. The RotR is expecting to be in the 6-7 minute range and thus nearly twice as long.

I might be looking forward to MMRR nearly as much as these rides. It sounds fun as well.

So IF you happen to be one of the very lucky ones who gets a FP+ for this attraction, will you be really missing out on the whole experience if you bypass some of the queue?

Where do we think the FP+ line will meet up with the standby line?

Reactions: therock
According ti @Marni1971 over on the WDW Magic Forums, the final "drop" was misinterpreted. Wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

Ah....I knew that was too good to be true. Consider my hype downgraded a bit. Considering the scenario you are supposed to be in, I would expect quite the thrilling experience. If it's not, then its a missed opportunity.

According ti @Marni1971 over on the WDW Magic Forums, the final "drop" was misinterpreted. Wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

I think it's only logical that it wasn't ever going to be a TOT-style free fall; the change in elevation is supposedly accompanying some kind of show scene (screen-based, likely), and a free fall wouldn't allow enough time for any scene to play out. I suspect, then, that it's really going to be a slower descent - or series of descents - on the scale of the mostly imperceptible ones in Flight of Passage, just to add a bit of extra sensation.

So IF you happen to be one of the very lucky ones who gets a FP+ for this attraction, will you be really missing out on the whole experience if you bypass some of the queue?

Where do we think the FP+ line will meet up with the standby line?

I believe we've been told that the FP merge happens before any of the preshows, which is really where the "meat" of the theme-work in this queue happens, anyway. I don't think it's going to be like Flight of Passage, where you literally bypass EVERYTHING interesting in the queue.

I doubt anyone would be able to get a FP- until 2021, when next true major ride will open. Unless you stay at a WDW hotel, don't count on FP- (Hotel guest get 100% of FP- availability one month in advance and the rest of the guests get the bread crumbs a week in advance) but hey, Frozen Ever After just started to have some availability for the least important guests, if you're into that.

Reactions: truejonas
I doubt anyone would be able to get a FP- until 2021, when next true major ride will open. Unless you stay at a WDW hotel, don't count on FP- (Hotel guest get 100% of FP- availability one month in advance and the rest of the guests get the bread crumbs a week in advance) but hey, Frozen Ever After just started to have some availability for the least important guests, if you're into that.
FEA has day-of FP+ now much of the time.

There is a flaw in your logic about 2021 however. While three major rides will be opening in 2020 and 2021 (Rat, Tron and GotG), two of them are at Epcot and one is at MK. So basically, Epcot's FP+ system is going to become much easier to grab FPs for older, but popular rides like Test Track as GotG and Rat will be soaking up all of the FP. Tron will be big at MK in 2021. But as far as we know right now, there's nothing in the immediate future for DHS, and new rides to DHS is the only way it will affect the FP+ availability there.

Think about SDMT for example. It's still very hard to get a FP+ for that ride and it opened almost 5 years ago and it hasn't gotten much easier even with FEA, Pandora and TSL opening up since then. Why? Because nothing new has opened at MK. So as long as DHS stays stagnant after this, FP availability will be next to impossible to come by.

Reactions: therock and Ryno27