Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know the interior queue will be able to hold a maximum of 1029 people, according to certificate of occupancy (and that's not including any outside extended queue areas).

Any idea how that compares to other recent mega-attractions at either resort? Flight of Passage, Gringotts, Forbidden Journey? Just trying to get a frame of reference!

"While on their way through the galaxy, the ship will be captured by the First Order. This will force the ship to land inside of a First Order Star Destroyer hangar.

This is where the main storyline of the attraction begins. Guests will exit the pre-show ship into a hangar. This will be one of the largest rooms of the entire building, complete with animatronic stormtroopers, TIE fighters and a picturesque view of space. Guests will be told to, “move along,” as they are taken to individual load rooms, themed to First Order prison cells." (Attractions Magazine)

How long do you think we'll be held in this area for? Do you think it'll be something similar to the hall of portraits in HM?

The biggest problem this land will have is people won't want to leave. It's not that the rides don't have decent capacity. But management knows that they've created something "too good" and nobody is going to want to leave the land once they get in.

Reactions: truejonas
The biggest problem this land will have is people won't want to leave. It's not that the rides don't have decent capacity. But management knows that they've created something "too good" and nobody is going to want to leave the land once they get in.
"This way to the egress."
"While on their way through the galaxy, the ship will be captured by the First Order. This will force the ship to land inside of a First Order Star Destroyer hangar.

This is where the main storyline of the attraction begins. Guests will exit the pre-show ship into a hangar. This will be one of the largest rooms of the entire building, complete with animatronic stormtroopers, TIE fighters and a picturesque view of space. Guests will be told to, “move along,” as they are taken to individual load rooms, themed to First Order prison cells." (Attractions Magazine)

How long do you think we'll be held in this area for? Do you think it'll be something similar to the hall of portraits in HM?
Yes, that small room is the second "preshow", so to speak. No clue how much time will be spent in there, or the transport shuttle to space, but couple them together along with the actual ride time and you got yourself 28 mins.

Reactions: therock

It should be very similar to your example. For such a big queue space, almost all of it will be entirely "for show". You should basically just walk across it. No switchbacks. Remember, the "big pre-show" is the Fastpass merge point.

It should be very similar to your example. For such a big queue space, almost all of it will be entirely "for show". You should basically just walk across it. No switchbacks. Remember, the "big pre-show" is the Fastpass merge point.
They should have storm troopers poking you in the back with a blaster, "keep moving prisoner," the whole time.

@Alicia

Moment of truth. Are you more excited for GE or Harry Potter Coaster?
Oh hahaha.... hmmmm.

I think I will appreciate and enjoy the actual ride experience for Rise more... however, I will inevitably ride the Potter coaster more often and enjoy my time visiting it more than having to deal with going to Hollywood Studios.

So, in a vacuum, I think Rise may be more fun for me, but with the realities and logistics of visiting Disney in mind, I will enjoy Potter more.. That make sense?

I LOVE Flight of Passage, but it's such a pain to get on, or get a fastpass, so I enjoy things like Forbidden Journey with a single rider line more.

Oh hahaha.... hmmmm.

I think I will appreciate and enjoy the actual ride experience for Rise more... however, I will inevitably ride the Potter coaster more often and enjoy my time visiting it more than having to deal with going to Hollywood Studios.

So, in a vacuum, I think Rise may be more fun for me, but with the realities and logistics of visiting Disney in mind, I will enjoy Potter more.. That make sense?

I LOVE Flight of Passage, but it's such a pain to get on, or get a fastpass, so I enjoy things like Forbidden Journey with a single rider line more.
Same about FOP. Love the ride, but I think I’ve been on the ride only about 5 times or so (if that) and I live right down the street.

Reactions: therock and Alicia
Oh hahaha.... hmmmm.

Great politician answer! lol jk

I know what you mean. Crowds are going to be INSANE for GE at least for a few years.

That's why I'm going to wait to go to DL until 2o2o perhaps during February or March mid-week. I'm avoiding Saturdays like the black plague!

Reactions: Alicia