Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If you count the time in Gringott's Weasley pre show, the wait at the elevator, the Elevator scene trip, the wait in line after the elevator as you climb the steps to the ride, loading on to the ride, the Ride....You're probably talking about 20-25 minutes or more most of the time. So, I'd think it was similar in time to Gringotts once you hit the pre show.

If you count the time in Gringott's Weasley pre show, the wait at the elevator, the Elevator scene trip, the wait in line after the elevator as you climb the steps to the ride, loading on to the ride, the Ride....You're probably talking about 20-25 minutes or more most of the time. So, I'd think it was similar in time to Gringotts once you hit the pre show.
Yes. But instead of dungeon-looking spiral staircase, imagine that middle waiting time in the largest structure you've ever been inside in a theme park ride in Orlando. Filled with 50 storm troopers, droids, ships, and space outside. So, a little more to take in while waiting between preshows at least.

Yes. But instead of dungeon-looking spiral staircase, imagine that middle waiting time in the largest structure you've ever been inside in a theme park ride in Orlando. Filled with 50 storm troopers, droids, ships, and space outside. So, a little more to take in while waiting between preshows at least.

:freak:

:yikes::ears::bigeye:

Reactions: therock
I don't disagree. I think it will be cool, but it's not really all that different with what Universal has done with some of their recent queues as they make the queue experience almost synonymous with the ride. I like that Disney is following in that concept. One reason that when I rate and review rides that I give the queue experience heavy weight as part of the "Total Experience". I love that trend.

Reactions: Alicia
And in my opInion, anyone who gets off Flight of Passage and cries (as many said they did) are not going to give a realistic opinion of SWGE. FoP is perhaps the most overhyped ride ever. It's pointless, nothing but a movie you watch on a motion base. I would never wait more than 30 minutes or so for it. I hope and pray to the Maker that RotR doesn't end up in that same category. I don't think it will, but the FoP hype and initial reviews are all still pretty fresh.

Wow, I disagree 100%. FoP is my favorite ride in WDW now....it captures the feeling of flight, like not an airplane flight, but flying like a bird, better than anything else I've ever been on. I didn't cry, but I was absolutely blown away the first time I rode it and yes, the wait times are still extreme because people absolutely LOVE this attraction.

I don't disagree. I think it will be cool, but it's not really all that different with what Universal has done with some of their recent queues as they make the queue experience almost synonymous with the ride. I like that Disney is following in that concept. One reason that when I rate and review rides that I give the queue experience heavy weight as part of the "Total Experience". I love that trend.
Yea, I didn't think you disagreed. You were right on with your description, just wanted to throw in there that I am kinda more excited for that little bit of queue in between than most of the ride lol.

Reactions: Mad Dog

I mean... one could argue Disney started the trend. Hello Indiana Jones Disneyland queue.

I was just wondering about the ride's name... If Batuu (land) takes place after Episode IX, or at least it is when it will be introduced to the Saga. Wouldn't the Resistance been risen by then?

Reactions: Blaw923
I mean... one could argue Disney started the trend. Hello Indiana Jones Disneyland queue.
Sure, no doubt. Just that Universal has been the major practitioner of that lately. And, I'm glad Disney's upping their pre show and queue game again. As I said, I really like that trend. I like the Totality of the Experience.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
It's also no different than The Simpsons Ride when that's running as intended. Combine those initial preshows with vehicle load and you're looking at a minimum of 20 minutes. Sounds like this'll incorporate a similar segmented load procedure.

Since there will be 'waiting to board' to some extent in this big show room. It will be interesting to see what levels of looping audio and scripts there are.
In Reign of Kong the Witch Room is visually stunning and awesome. But you can get stuck in there for over a half hour and its miserable.

Reactions: ChrisFL

Haunted Mansion says hello ;)

15697561526_1e4a587139_b.jpg

Wow, I disagree 100%. FoP is my favorite ride in WDW now....it captures the feeling of flight, like not an airplane flight, but flying like a bird, better than anything else I've ever been on. I didn't cry, but I was absolutely blown away the first time I rode it and yes, the wait times are still extreme because people absolutely LOVE this attraction.

Apparently people still think the ride is only extremely popular because it's new and Disney nerds are starved for attractions...don't worry, a large amount of people agree with you.

Apparently people still think the ride is only extremely popular because it's new and Disney nerds are starved for attractions...don't worry, a large amount of people agree with you.

That's an interesting straw man you've built there.

Haunted Mansion says hello ;)

15697561526_1e4a587139_b.jpg
Yep, another sure. There's many many examples. This has been going on for a while. It just keeps getting better now. My main point though, is this description of a 28 minute ROTR ride is kind of just a publicity bolt. If you count preshows/scenes of other attractions also this is really nothing new, it's really just a bit of an upgrade. Calling it a 28 minute ride is really playing semantics.....It looks like it's going to be a really dynamic ride, but if you judge it the way just about all other attractions are judged, the 28 minute aspect is kind of playing games with the time.....More like an attraction with a potentially great queue/pre shows/scenes and X number (4-6 minutes or whatever it ends up) length of a ride.

Yep, another sure. There's many many examples. This has been going on for a while. It just keeps getting better now. My main point though, is this description of a 28 minute ROTR ride is kind of just a publicity bolt. If you count preshows/scenes of other attractions also this is really nothing new, it's really just a bit of an upgrade. Calling it a 28 minute ride is really playing semantics.....It looks like it's going to be a really dynamic ride, but if you judge it the way just about all other attractions are judged, the 28 minute aspect is kind of playing games with the time.....More like an attraction with a potentially great queue/pre shows/scenes and X number (4-6 minutes or whatever it ends up) length of a ride.
In my defense, I specifically said a 28 min "experience" on my podcast, not ride lol, and specifically said that included the two preshows. The news outlets are the ones running wild with their headlines.

In my defense, I specifically said a 28 min "experience" on my podcast, not ride lol, and specifically said that included the two preshows. The news outlets are the ones running wild with their headlines.
Yes, not blaming you. You have been straight up on this. The news outlets have been really running with it in a alternative facts kind of way. People are going to be expecting a 28 minute ride, when it really isn't. As you said it's a 28 minute 'experience', 'queue pre shows/scenes, and finally ride'....not really much different in total experience time than many of the recent new attractions.....and I just want to reinforce my view that this looks like it will be a very good to excellent attraction, it's just not a true 28 minute 'ride'.

Reactions: therock and ChrisFL
Yes, not blaming you. You have been straight up on this. The news outlets have been really running with it in a alternative facts kind of way. People are going to be expecting a 28 minute ride, when it really isn't. As you said it's a 28 minute experience, queue pre shows/scenes, and finally ride....not really much different in total experience time than many of the recent new attractions.
Yea, still hoping we get someone telling us before we board the Falcon that we're about to, um, fly.