Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In my defense, I specifically said a 28 min "experience" on my podcast, not ride lol, and specifically said that included the two preshows. The news outlets are the ones running wild with their headlines.

We believe in you Alicia and your honest assessment of the situation :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mad Dog
That's an interesting straw man you've built there.

So your argument that people are waiting 2+ hours for an attraction they DON'T like, makes sense?

You don't have to like the ride, but realize your opinion is in the minority. It's still just your opinion, and not based on any factual data. So who is the "straw man" or whatever you are insulting me with?

Here is my opinion. Flight of Passage is a fantastic ride, better then anything UOR has put out since FJ. Just an opinion, so don't get salty.

I was just wondering about the ride's name... If Batuu (land) takes place after Episode IX, or at least it is when it will be introduced to the Saga. Wouldn't the Resistance been risen by then?

I still wonder if setting this in the new trilogy timeframe was a good idea or not.

Reactions: therock
I still wonder if setting this in the new trilogy timeframe was a good idea or not.

I think they kind of "had to". They are trying to keep the franchise relevant. Star Tour has used the classic characters for two decades now. I think it only makes sense that it takes place in the "current" universe.

I have to agree with you. I personally do not like the new trilogy at all, but I'll try hard to ignore that detail of the land. I do have to say, it will be hard to not make fun of Kylo when he makes his appearance on the ride.

Time will tell. I get Disney wanting to focus on "their" movies, but having that come at the expense of the truly iconic characters, settings, and action of the Original Trilogy is a very questionable move.

It's also going to render a ride like Rise of the Resistance potentially very strange depending on how IX wraps up.

Reactions: therock and rastuso
Time will tell. I get Disney wanting to focus on "their" movies, but having that come at the expense of the truly iconic characters, settings, and action of the Original Trilogy is a very questionable move.

It's also going to render a ride like Rise of the Resistance potentially very strange depending on how IX wraps up.

I'm sure they've already tied the loose ends of canon to make sure the movies aren't stepped on. I think the only way an OT ride would have worked within GE would have been to make it some sort of museum piece.

Well, the good thing is that The First Order is pretty similar to The Empire in style, so they have that going for them

In my defense, I specifically said a 28 min "experience" on my podcast, not ride lol, and specifically said that included the two preshows. The news outlets are the ones running wild with their headlines.

Whoa, you've become internet famous now. I've been reading your name pop up ALL OVER the internets recently.

You're like the female Jim Hill!

One thing I want to note....as I was watching Alicia's podcast and it was talking about the number of animatronics, and seeing all of the stormtroopers in formation.... Even if part of those "animatronics" mentioned are just a few dozen storm troopers with limited movement and they just move in sync with each other standing at attention, etc.....that would look epic I think!

I don't disagree.

Quote didn't work. But, if you argue FoP is truly still so busy because it's amazing, not because it's new, then the same must be said about NRJ.

Problem is. NRJ blows. Yet still commands 2 hour lines. I can only imagine how people who get off of it, after waiting standby, and realize their family of 4 just spent over $50 of ticket value to ride it, and are non-plussed.

Quote didn't work. But, if you argue FoP is truly still so busy because it's amazing, not because it's new, then the same must be said about NRJ.

Problem is. NRJ blows. Yet still commands 2 hour lines. I can only imagine how people who get off of it, after waiting standby, and realize their family of 4 just spent over $50 of ticket value to ride it, and are non-plussed.
I didn't argue any such thing. My issue was with the straw man argument being presented. I haven't NRJ yet. However, I've done my homework, and I know how long I'm willing to wait for a NRJ-type ride when i do hit it up. My stance, unpopular though it is, is that I have no sympathy whatsoever for the family of four if it did not out in any effort to find out what they were in for, and I don't particularly care what they paid to ride it.

I’d argue that NRJ still demands long lines because the Pandora area is so popular. It could also be catching “over flow” from FoP’s popularity. It’s also much easier to get a fast pass for NRJ compared.

It may not be the greatest ride at the park but it’s popular by association.

Flight of Passage is an absolute success. There is no diapute about that despite your opinion of the overall attraction.