Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thinking is there’s only so much releases of information marketing can do. By letting people blog and talk about this ride, they are getting additional exposure for the same amount of marketing.

They can't help themselves but interfere with the Harry Potter theming next door can they? I though just the JP gate being where it was after Hogwarts was built was bad....but this is ridiculous.

I thought the idea of removing Dragon Challenge (among other things) is that it clashed too much with the rest of the area.

I mean, I'll be happy to be wrong.

My feelings about this project are well known and unchanged, but I will say that, as always, I really appreciate your thorough write-ups, @Alicia.

I think you know the answer to that.

So it's almost a certainty this will be a 2020 attraction. My guess is once it opens, JPRA will go down for its retheme, and Jurassic World River Adventure/a general refresh of the land will be the big 2021 project

I would hope they would wait to see how Hollywood's revamp is received before they commit to bringing it to IOA. Its quality and merits are only speculative at this point.

They can't help themselves but interfere with the Harry Potter theming next door can they? I though just the JP gate being where it was after Hogwarts was built was bad....but this is ridiculous.

I though the idea of removing Dragon Challenge (among other things) is that it clashed too much with the rest of the area.

I mean, I'll be happy to be wrong.
I can’t imagine that JK/WB are happy about this.

I thought the idea of removing Dragon Challenge (among other things) is that it clashed too much with the rest of the area.

I think that was a figment of fanboy imaginations

I would hope they would wait to see how Hollywood's revamp is received before they commit to bringing it to IOA. Its quality and merits are only speculative at this point.

I don’t think anyone is going to be let down.

I also think it doesn’t matter if they are. It’s coming.

Hogsmeade just can't get away from that bare steel coaster view. Chalk it up to the Curse of the Dragon Challenge.

If by Hogsmeade you mean only the outside seating area of a restaurant, sure

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a theme park, you're not actually eating at The Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade...
That's not the point. For me, this has been a nice, calm location to eat in IOA and to get away from the crowds (and eating peacefully by the water).

I'm sure watching the coaster in the same location could be cool for some people, but some quieter areas are appreciated and the noise from this is going to change that porch entirely.

That's not the point. For me, this has been a nice, calm location to eat in IOA and to get away from the crowds (and eating peacefully by the water).

I'm sure watching the coaster in the same location could be cool for some people, but some quieter areas are appreciated and the noise from this is going to change that porch entirely.

It could also be just as quiet and calm once this new ride opens. At this point we don’t know.

Ironic.

The idea of the best theme parks is that they're designed to be so immersive, you could actually imagine you ARE eating at The Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade. Otherwise it's just like Busch Gardens or similar.

Big difference between eating IN Three Broomsticks or out on the patio overlooking the lagoon.

For the record, I think they are squeezing this roller coaster in an area not meant for it. However, being able to see Hogwarts from Jurassic Park doesn't really make me imagine I'm in a jungle in Costa Rica. I realize I'm in a theme park surrounded by different lands, characters, rides, etc.

Last edited:
Big difference between eating IN Three Broomsticks or out on the patio overlooking the lagoon. For the record, I think they are squeezing this roller coaster in an area not meant for it. However, being able to see Hogwarts from Jurassic Park doesn't really make me imagine I'm in a jungle in Costa Rica. I realize I'm in a theme park surrounded by different lands, characters, rides, etc.
That’s a problem that’s been touched on before as well. You’ll find we’re a fairly consistent bunch.

Asking for real: is this just based on a hunch, or knowledge you have of the project? Because I can definitely envision plausible scenarios where it's a step down from the original incarnation.

A little of both. I don’t think you’re going to be disappointed

Big difference between eating IN Three Broomsticks or out on the patio overlooking the lagoon. For the record, I think they are squeezing this roller coaster in an area not meant for it. However, being able to see Hogwarts from Jurassic Park doesn't really make me imagine I'm in a jungle in Costa Rica. I realize I'm in a theme park surrounded by different lands, characters, rides, etc.

You can already see/hear Hulk and MSHI, see Suess, see Toon Lagoon, and see the tropical jungles of JP from the same patio that’s supposed to be in Scotland, so sorry if I don’t buy the immersion ruining coaster addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.