Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 199 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm saving logos for my About page on my new site next week. AS SEEN ON...

lol such madness.

And to think it is your speaking and podcasts that are really the things putting your name out there. The very thing you were most nervous and self-conscious about.

Honestly, it's your biggest strength. Your writing is very good, please don't misunderstand.
But your speaking is a stand-out.

And to think it is your speaking and podcasts that are really the things putting your name out there. The very thing you were most nervous and self-conscious about.

Honestly, it's your biggest strength. Your writing is very good, please don't misunderstand.
But your speaking is a stand-out.
Awww shucks. Yea, my biggest fear turns out to be my biggest strength. That's like inspiring or something. I like it.

Back to the thread... Does anyone know where the October opening rumor is stemming from? I haven't had time to research anything today.

Reactions: truejonas
I'm saving logos for my About page on my new site next week. AS SEEN ON...

lol such madness.
Great Job @Alicia I think they should let you ride it first since you getting all this press and it is free for them. Congrats
I am getting excited for this. I have been a Star Wars fan since I was 4, and very excited about the possible 28 minute experience and the ride although I probably wont do it until at least Feb. So with all the things going on with this, and the guy that did Spiderman is behind this I assume. So, is it possible this is gonna beat out Spiderman and will this make Uni Creative go for the same idea but better for the new gate? This experience is looking great.

Oh and @Alicia maybe they should call you and cast you in the commercial. Great job and keep up all your great work, I actually shared and made sure you got props on the BGWFans forums about the 2020 JP JW coaster rumors. Very proud for you and all you do for this forum and post on social media. :exclap::exclap:

Reactions: Alicia
Great Job @Alicia I think they should let you ride it first since you getting all this press and it is free for them. Congrats
I am getting excited for this. I have been a Star Wars fan since I was 4, and very excited about the possible 28 minute experience and the ride although I probably wont do it until at least Feb. So with all the things going on with this, and the guy that did Spiderman is behind this I assume. So, is it possible this is gonna beat out Spiderman and will this make Uni Creative go for the same idea but better for the new gate? This experience is looking great.

Oh and @Alicia maybe they should call you and cast you in the commercial. Great job and keep up all your great work, I actually shared and made sure you got props on the BGWFans forums about the 2020 JP JW coaster rumors. Very proud for you and all you do for this forum and post on social media. :exclap::exclap:
Thanks! But be sure to give some props to our good friend Chip Skambis, @chickenlilchip , over at WFTV for getting those Jurassic Coaster details, track layout and the permit info out first.

And I do hope Rise of the Resistance is so good it makes Universal question what they have cooking up for the new park, and step it up even more for us. The theme park wars are heating up, which means we all win.

Thanks! But be sure to give some props to our good friend Chip Skambis, @chickenlilchip , over at WFTV for getting those Jurassic Coaster details, track layout and the permit info out first.

And I do hope Rise of the Resistance is so good it makes Universal question what they have cooking up for the new park, and step it up even more for us. The theme park wars are heating up, which means we all win.

This could be a genuine problem for the new park. If this new ride is as so ground breaking or mind blowing, this could result in more delays.

This could be a genuine problem for the new park. If this new ride is as so ground breaking or mind blowing, this could result in more delays.

So, when Universal puts a "trackless" ride vehicle on a motion base, it blows, and is just more screens. When Disney does it, it's ground breaking?

Don't get me wrong, I sure hope this is better than Kong. But I'm not sure it's ground breaking. A preshow room actually moving on a track of sorts is unique, and I guess ground breaking, for a preshow. The laser patent, if pulled off would be a ground breaking effect.

But the parts folks seem to be gaga over, aren't ground breaking, they are just a different usage of an idea already done.

Ground Breaking rides:

Splash Mountain - sort of. It was the first time taking an existing ride type and theming the hell out of it)
Star Tours (although really Tour of the Universe in Toronto)
Indy at Disneyland
Back to the Future - putting small simulators in front of huge screens
Spider-man
Forbidden Journey
Gringott's

I'm not sure of the last ground breaking ride by Disney. I guess Mission: Space, although it isn't good ground-breaking, IMHO.

If Universal is going to have an AR Mario Kart, a roller coaster with "jumps", and whatever else they have planned, I don't think this ride is going to change anything.

It's all about the IP. If Rise of the Resistance was Rise of the Minions, would everyone still be saying these leaked details are mind blowing?

"Ground-breaking" is entirely a subjective phrase. Is a ride only ground-breaking if it truly debuts some new technology? Or could it also be ground-breaking for the way it combines existing technology in unexpected and impressive ways?

I don't necessarily believe ROTR will be "ground-breaking," but I do believe - based on what we've heard about it so far - that it will represent Disney throwing every trick in their book at us in a way they haven't done in Florida in a long, long time.

So, when Universal puts a "trackless" ride vehicle on a motion base, it blows, and is just more screens. When Disney does it, it's ground breaking?

Don't get me wrong, I sure hope this is better than Kong. But I'm not sure it's ground breaking. A preshow room actually moving on a track of sorts is unique, and I guess ground breaking, for a preshow. The laser patent, if pulled off would be a ground breaking effect.

But the parts folks seem to be gaga over, aren't ground breaking, they are just a different usage of an idea already done.

Ground Breaking rides:

Splash Mountain - sort of. It was the first time taking an existing ride type and theming the hell out of it)
Indy at Disneyland
Spider-man
Forbidden Journey
Gringott's

I'm not sure of the last ground breaking ride by Disney. I guess Mission: Space, although it isn't good ground-breaking, IMHO.

If Universal is going to have an AR Mario Kart, a roller coaster with "jumps", and whatever else they have planned, I don't think this ride is going to change anything.

It's all about the IP. If Rise of the Resistance was Rise of the Minions, would everyone still be saying these leaked details are mind blowing?
for the record i think IP means jack in terms of ride experience

Reactions: therock
"Ground-breaking" is entirely a subjective phrase. Is a ride only ground-breaking if it truly debuts some new technology? Or could it also be ground-breaking for the way it combines existing technology in unexpected and impressive ways?

I don't necessarily believe ROTR will be "ground-breaking," but I do believe - based on what we've heard about it so far - that it will represent Disney throwing every trick in their book at us in a way they haven't done in Florida in a long, long time.

I agree with that. It is Disney FINALLY putting effort into a ride going in to WDW. Although it's still only half effort, as it's also going to DL.

How many rides have opened on both coasts essentially at the same time that wasn't a film change?

Reactions: truejonas
Hey I think it was a ground breaking idea to have the preshows feel like a seamless part of the attraction, where you're in the action the whole time and even need to get into space before the real ride begins... when Star Trek did it 20 years ago...

That was an amazing 'Experience' (see what I did there) but let's see how far the concept can be pushed with a Disney budget and attention to detail using today's technology.

Hey I think it was a ground breaking idea to have the preshows feel like a seamless part of the attraction, where you're in the action the whole time and even need to get into space before the real ride begins... when Star Trek did it 20 years ago...

That was an amazing 'Experience' (see what I did there) but let's see how far the concept can be pushed with a Disney budget and attention to detail using today's technology.

ST the E was amazing. But it was also paid per person, and small groups. And really not repeatable.

Ground Breaking rides:

Indy at Disneyland
Spider-man
Forbidden Journey
Gringott's

I think you're concentrating too much on the word groundbreaking.

Exactly.

Ground Breaking rides:

Indy at Disneyland
Spider-man
Forbidden Journey
Gringott's

The last ground breaking ride was called Flight of Passage. I guess you missed it.

Ground Breaking rides:

Indy at Disneyland
Spider-man
Forbidden Journey
Gringott's

My list would be much shorter than yours if we’re talking Orlando only.
I only think 3- Splash, Spider, ToT.
My criteria is simple. The ride has to redefine the genre.
Each one turned flumes, dark rides and drop towers as we knew them, completely on their heads.

Seriously, how could you miss ToT? :)

My guess is that the HP coaster will also be on that list by turning what we know about a roller coaster completely on it’s head. Seven Dwarves potentially could have been this, but it was cut down immensely.

As for ROTR, we’ll have to ride it first. But honestly, if I get off of it thinking the same thing as FoP, then that’s fine in my book. FoP wasn’t “groundbreaking” to me, but it was executed better than any sim ever. Even the mists of water were flawless (actual mists and not droplets).
If I get off ROTR thinking it’s the best dark ride I’ve ever been on and easily wins that crown from Spider-Man or Forbidden Journey, then I leave 100% fulfilled.