Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

Ride soundtracks are very much under-appreciated. i've only been on Navi River Journey twice and, despite all of the crap people give it, it is a good ride.

Because of the music. i just shed a tear listening to it, it is awesome.

Mar-A-whaw, mar-A-whaw, mar-A-whaw. :kumbaya:

Love the Na'Vi River Journey music. Glad its on Apple Music. I need all the park music on there.

I was thinking recently. How come we get the bad acting in the FoP pre-shows but other rides like Soarin get actual actors?

Since Pandora is supposed to be canon and tie-in to the film series, they don't want to have any recognizable Hollywood actors playing characters in these rides as it could raise a lot of questions or create plot holes. It also helps with the land's immersion by not having someone you recognize. I do agree about the acting, they definitely could've gotten someone a little more uh...charming.

I was thinking recently. How come we get the bad acting in the FoP pre-shows but other rides like Soarin get actual actors?
Since Pandora is supposed to be canon and tie-in to the film series, they don't want to have any recognizable Hollywood actors playing characters in these rides as it could raise a lot of questions or create plot holes. It also helps with the land's immersion by not having someone you recognize. I do agree about the acting, they definitely could've gotten someone a little more uh...charming.

I think the "bad" acting is an intentional creative choice that is meant to be kind of awkward and funny. I don't think it really succeeds in the way they wanted.

I’m just surprised they released an album period. Disney rarely releases park soundtracks these days.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's something James Cameron asked them to do as a way to pay tribute to the late James Horner.

Today's slightly wet chilly weather would be the perfect day to ride the rides in Pandora and AK. 5:00 PM stand by lines:
Navii River..................................15 minutes
Flight Of Passage........................55 minutes
Everest........................................5 minutes
Dinosaur.....................................5 minutes
Kilimanjaro Safari......................5 minute

Today's slightly wet chilly weather would be the perfect day to ride the rides in Pandora and AK. 5:00 PM stand by lines:
Navii River..................................15 minutes
Flight Of Passage........................55 minutes
Everest........................................5 minutes
Dinosaur.....................................5 minutes
Kilimanjaro Safari......................5 minute

Do you suppose that it is warmer there than in PA or OH? Danged if the high on Wednesday isn't going higher than 15 degrees. My bones are too old for this stuff.

Do you suppose that it is warmer there than in PA or OH? Danged if the high on Wednesday isn't going higher than 15 degrees. My bones are too old for this stuff.
Nights are supposed to hit negative territory during the middle of the week. The Water Company did robo calls warning today people to wrap and insulate their water pipes near outside walls and leave a drip on. I used to cross country ski in that kind of weather, good powder, but unfortunately with age comes issues with the extreme cold.

I can see where Joe is coming from. Pandora as a land feels rather hollow. The only reason to go in is if you want to go on FoP or eat at Satu’li. If there had been a third ride or the boat ride was on the level of Shanghai Pirates, the land could’ve overcome its shortcomings.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the land, but I don’t often find myself there bc neither ride is easy to get on and there’s nothing else to do besides eat after that. In that respect, breaking things down like this, I can see how @JungleSkip thought TSL was more fun on the whole.

i view this as a good thing
I mean I view it both as positive and negative.

Positive in that they’re working on this and maintaining the effect, but negative in that it’s so fickle that the need to repaint so often.