Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Either way I’d be surprised since both inquisitions were pretty much based in bigotry.

TBF, similar to the use of Delphine LaLaurie in the AHS 27 house, in the case it could have been super controversial due to the racist nature of the character in real life, but they kept that particular portion more...I don't wanna use PC, but that's kinda what it was.

An Inquisition house would likely include some creature of sorts within the story to take the viewpoint off of, well, bigotry.

TBF, similar to the use of Delphine LaLaurie in the AHS 27 house, in the case it could have been super controversial due to the racist nature of the character in real life, but they kept that particular portion more...I don't wanna use PC, but that's kinda what it was.

An Inquisition house would likely include some creature of sorts within the story to take the viewpoint off of, well, bigotry.

I mean, in terms of how acceptable to the general public they would be, not all bigotries are created equal. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see the Spanish Inquisition as being anywhere near as offensive to the GP as anything having to do with black slavery. Honestly, I think Dead Waters was riskier in that regard than a Spanish Inquisition house. And that'd be assuming the monsters actually were humans, and not my idea of it being cover for vampires.

I mean, in terms of how acceptable to the general public they would be, not all bigotries are created equal. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see the Spanish Inquisition as being anywhere near as offensive to the GP as anything having to do with black slavery. Honestly, I think Dead Waters was riskier in that regard than a Spanish Inquisition house. And that'd be assuming the monsters actually were humans, and not my idea of it being cover for vampires.
The Spanish Inquisition was partially an inspiration for the holocaust...so it is pretty controversial.

one of those "propeties" is a cooking show....how would this fit at hhn?

It's a scripted sitcom not a cooking show, based around an artist who lives with monsters and ghosts. It has also received critical praise.

It would certainly be something different and more a comedy house, I think we can all agree they have taken stranger risks previously :lol:

If it came I'd say it would have more chance of a scare zone or show.

The Spanish Inquisition was partially an inspiration for the holocaust...so it is pretty controversial.
Not to mention the concept of casting the Catholic Church as a villain. I’m going to guess Catholics would be a little offended by a house depicting Catholics as an evil entity.

Yes, the Inquisitions were xenophobic and anti-Semitic. The more I think on it, the more I’m unable to separate the plague from the Inquisitions. There was an undercurrent of the plague being a punishment from God for heresy.

Now, there is this general misconception that the Inquisitions were witch hunts. They weren’t. They were heretic hunts. You want witch hunts you gotta go to Hasbourg.

The Malleus Maleficarum is what you want for witch hunts.

Interesting 'typo'..

Some of the most terrifying names in horror – both from the past and present – will come to life in brand-new haunted houses, scare zones, and live entertainment based on hit TV-shows and disturbing original stories.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-02 at 08.00.47.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-02 at 08.00.47.png
    776.8 KB · Views: 54
I know this is a stretch, (please don't crucify me for the suggestion) but the code word Pressure made me think of this video which includes a lot of 80's references. It especially focuses on a Critters-like creature. I know that Critters is New Line/ Warner, but we did get a little version last year in Slaughter Sinema with Midnight Snack 2.

I know this is a stretch, (please don't crucify me for the suggestion) but the code word Pressure made me think of this video which includes a lot of 80's references. It especially focuses on a Critters-like creature. I know that Critters is New Line/ Warner, but we did get a little version last year in Slaughter Sinema with Midnight Snack 2.

Well "Critters a new binge" is due to release in March this year.