Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Injury on ET Adventure?

Is this the new normal, or are we to expect a more permanent solution will eventually present itself?
I didn't ride today (line more than 20 mins all day) but with only one side running I would think they are modifying the other side. After all this time without problems this seems like it should be simple to rectify. Maybe everyone gets shackles so we can't stick our feet out?
res.jpg

ET? Please! Automatic guest fault. If we keep acting like idiots in these rides, soon enough instead of RVs, we are going to be riding in cages. And I can hear them right now… “Why are we being treated like animals? It hurts my feelings” Jeez I don’t know, you tell me. I really hope its false.

They'll just bring the spaceship ride vehicles back..........those were an alternative when the ride first opened, more enclosed.

This is all I've found...
DUJDhmMUQAECvKs.jpg

Okay, after looking into it, I've written a piece for UUOP with everything I could find about the incident, rumors, and ride changes.

Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast : The Rumor Mill: How Will the ET Adventure Foot Injury Incident Affect the Ride?

The key bits that no one else has reported so far are that the guest was transported to Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital, which may give us a clue on their age, and was treated for a compound fracture.

The rest we pretty much all know.

Some nice investigation! You're spot on about Chinese whispers, everybody feels the need to alter and twist a story to make it that little bit more exciting.

Some nice investigation! You're spot on about Chinese whispers, everybody feels the need to alter and twist a story to make it that little bit more exciting.
Next time you go on the Fallon ride, check out the first floor area of the second host of the Tonight Show, Jack Paar. When I was just a wee lad I would stay up to watch the show, primarily because Paar may have been the best conversationalist oriented host ever on network TV. Anyway....once every few weeks he would put the night's guests, some of his regulars, and a few people from the audience in a circle sitting on chairs. He would have a real short story written on a piece of paper, hand it to the one of the people sitting, and have that person whisper the story to the next person sitting on the right. Then, without the aid of the 'written' story, that person would whisper it to the next person. They would continue telling the story until it got to the very last person in the circle. Paar would then ask that last person to tell the story. By then the story was generally completely different than what was originally written on the paper.