Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 483 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true, locomotives can go both ways.
Are you outing Thomas the Tank Engine?
EpGuide_TGR5.jpg

Makes me think of this quote from My Cousin Vinny
“Judge Chamberlain Haller:
Mr. Gambini, that is a lucid, well thought-out, intelligent objection.

Vinny Gambini:
Thank you.

Judge Chamberlain Haller:
Overruled.”
:lol:

The more I look at it, the more I don't know what to make of it.

It's dead on balls accurate to what we're seeing but I've never really seen concept art that has show buildings so prominent and this looks like it's been cropped out of a bigger image.

I'm sure it's legit but whether it's what Universal would want to use to portray what they're building is something else.

I too like My Cousin Vinny quotes.

Clearly, Universal found the show building to be a problem too, hence the mural.

Also, if someone is on these forums, it is safe to imply they are a fan of the company and have gained enjoyment from Universal's creativity. I think to automatically jump to someone hating a ride because they think something could have been done better is an overreaction.

Critiquing certain aspects of a project, doesn't mean you aren't a fan of the overall art piece. Sometimes critiquing means you care more for a project and want it to be truly perfect to match your true feelings toward that project.

Also to say that someone is going to be unhappy their whole life because they notice the flaws and verbalize it is wrong.

I only bring it up because you can always find negative things to focus on, even if these companies do a really good job. You will never be happy or satisfied with that attitude and life is to short...
Diagon Alley did it well. Why can’t I want them to go to that level?

Why raise the bar then? We are all fans here and I think most of us are here to cheer on Universal and praise their successes. Is it wrong of us to expect anything less? These people work really hard to imagine, create, plan, construct, and bring to life an experience that transports us to another world. It's not pointing out faults to criticize, just constructive criticism.

Here’s what I’ll say, I don’t really care when I can see a show building. It’s not really a distraction for me and doesn’t take away from the experience necessarily if there is still immersive elements around it.

However I think I’m more likely to get frustrated about something small like the edge of a show building peaking out or Hogwarts on a box when I think about the way they market the experience and just the overall level of detail everywhere else.

The detail is immaculate on this attraction so far with the rock work and the abbey. It’s just kind of a head scratcher when all that money thought and effort goes in to something and then something so small as the building creeping in to view from the train station just seems (pardon the hyperbole) ‘lazy’ ish? If that makes sense?

And I know this is not just a Universal thing and I know that this ride isn’t even finished so the spec on the building is silly, but I’m just saying I get why it annoys people.

In a broader sense in critique of many new theme park projects, It’s like why spend tens or hundreds of millions of dollars trying to immerse us and make every detail of something so incredible and accurate and then leave that one thing. It’d be like watching a marvel movie and then seeing a unfinished green/blue screen in a shot for a moment. Not a huge deal, but weird. Idk thanks for coming along that journey with me hah

I feel like we had this EXACT same discussion with the F&F show building. I'm getting serious deja vu. Even some of the photos seem familiar.

And Diagon exterior queue. And people getting up in arms about no berm for the Diagon back stage areas (spoiler: it was added because it was still in construction). And Kong. And Hogsmeade. And....

It’s unfair and not productive to complain about seeing show buildings during construction and soft openings. Even Hogsmeade in USH had last minute mural work done.

Status
Not open for further replies.