Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

So does Murdy’s tweet mean that Hellraiser is definitely, out, or could he be toying with us?
As mentioned in the Hollywood forum, he typically replies with “I’d love to” when he’s either considering or locked in a property. He’s pretty direct if the rights are a challenge and unattainable (see whenever somebody brings up Scream.)

As mentioned in the Hollywood forum, he typically replies with “I’d love to” when he’s either considering or locked in a property. He’s pretty direct if the rights are a challenge and unattainable (see whenever somebody brings up Scream.)

(I apologize for the attached file in addition to the video. I attached it at first then when I realized that it didn't show the full file I just went with the video link.)

Attachments

• so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-34480127.png
    so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-34480127.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 5

I'm so glad Murdy's honest now about rights issues.. I remember back in the early years of HHN Hollywood on Twitter, asking for Scream would have just resulted in being told "No one takes Scream seriously anymore because of Scary Movie, so no, I won't do it".. these kinds of comments became more common after the Scream Terror Tram fiasco in 2011.. Same with Hellraiser.. his response was "No one knows Hellraiser because the new movies are direct-to-DVD now, so no, I won't do it".. It's so refreshing to have him be honest about the rights situations with these IPs..

Alright, so with Hellraiser likely out, the likely properties are ST2, KKFOS, HoHH and HDD2U. So. Any ideas of what the fifth IP might be?

Alright, so with Hellraiser likely out, the likely properties are ST2, KKFOS, HoHH and HDD2U. So. Any ideas of what the fifth IP might be?

If it is Happy Death Day 2 U I hope they go with (film spoiler incoming)

The hospital repeating rather than the dorm room.
That abandoned floor with the blowing plastic sheets would look pretty cool.

I’d love it if it were Suspiria or Scary Stories or Us but I’d be surprised if it were any of those so at this point I’m just hoping it’s something brand new to HHN.

I would cry if the original Suspiria came to HHN. It’s perfect for a house and the soundtrack was amazing. Remake was great too but doesn’t really translate outside of the end and Olga’s death(but that song Volk was so creepy)

I would cry if the original Suspiria came to HHN. It’s perfect for a house and the soundtrack was amazing. Remake was great too but doesn’t really translate outside of the end and Olga’s death(but that song Volk was so creepy)

The original really could be done so beautifully. I do feel like they may eventually find themselves landing on the original (if they haven’t already) so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

The original really could be done so beautifully. I do feel like they may eventually find themselves landing on the original (if they haven’t already) so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

It has to have at least been caught on their radar once. Hopefully it becomes one of the designer’s passion projects like KKFOS was so that they can do it

@Legacy are you thinking KKFOS screw zone or maze for Orlando? Or neither?
If it comes back, it would likely be a house.

And with that, a refresher...

Doot doot doo...

JqGj4P.gif