Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

So I know this is early so I am asking for answers maybe based on previous years, but is the last sunday as busy as the last saturday?

I have been the past two years on the last day, but this time I wont be able to fly in for that so Im debating whether to go the last sunday or try to go in september (sunday). Can't do any of the other October weekends since there is a lot of activity here in Austin that month

First time commenting on a HHN thread after lurking here for like 3 years lol

Welcome.

It's always hard to predict, but Sunday 11/2 probably fairly busy. That will likely be one of the few days employees can use their friends and family tickets, and even without the final Bill & Ted show, a lot of fans seem to like to go for the final night. And if crowds look like they might dip, Universal will probably make it a UCF night.

As an aside, by that point in the event, it's looking rough. Props in and out of houses will have been vandalized, actors will have quit leaving things understaffed. I'd much prefer to go in September.

Welcome.

It's always hard to predict, but Sunday 11/2 probably fairly busy. That will likely be one of the few days employees can use their friends and family tickets, and even without the final Bill & Ted show, a lot of fans seem to like to go for the final night. And if crowds look like they might dip, Universal will probably make it a UCF night.

As an aside, by that point in the event, it's looking rough. Props in and out of houses will have been vandalized, actors will have quit leaving things understaffed. I'd much prefer to go in September.

11/2 is a Saturday and the last night. The last Sunday would be the week before.

Random aside but if Haunting of Hill House does come this year I hope that they change the ending. What a weird way to end the series.
Yeah I agree. It was almost as if the House wasn't this incredibly evil thing in the end. It was a place where the dead can live forever and it helped them cope with their issues as adults. Wasn't how I was expecting it to go.

Yeah I agree. It was almost as if the House wasn't this incredibly evil thing in the end. It was a place where the dead can live forever and it helped them cope with their issues as adults. Wasn't how I was expecting it to go.

Sorry if this has already been posted but Netflix has announced the next series coming in 2020.

The Haunting of Bly Manor

Check out Henry James novel The Turn of the Screw

Not that they couldn’t do a one off on Hill House, but maybe this is a franchise that will have multiple HHN appearances.

With novels involved each iteration in an anthology could involve varying complexities in negotiating the rights. However, the prospect of being able to negotiate with a familiar partner, Netflix, on multiple properties must be appealing. Seeing the Bly announcement makes me a little more hopeful for Hill HOUSE.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been posted but Netflix has announced the next series coming in 2020.

Not that they couldn’t do a one off on Hill House, but maybe this is a franchise that will have multiple HHN appearances.

With novels involved each iteration in an anthology could involve varying complexities in negotiating the rights. However, the prospect of being able to negotiate with a familiar partner, Netflix, on multiple properties must be appealing. Seeing the Bly announcement makes me a little more hopeful for Hill HOUSE.

So in a way Hill House could be the new AHS with a different anthology presented every year.

Thank you to everyone for not discussing Hill House spoilers here. You the real MVPs.

As far as Vamp: Y2K goes, I think another New Year's themed event would feel stale. They'd have to pick another big party event. Just saying, a Marti Gras version would be completely double dipping, but would be fun to see. I doubt they'd do two Marti Gras "events" a year though.

Thank you to everyone for not discussing Hill House spoilers here. You the real MVPs.

As far as Vamp: Y2K goes, I think another New Year's themed event would feel stale. They'd have to pick another big party event. Just saying, a Marti Gras version would be completely double dipping, but would be fun to see. I doubt they'd do two Marti Gras "events" a year though.

They did Zombie Gras back in 2010. It was honestly pretty lame.

I’d like to see Vamp take a breather. Didn’t think ‘85 was bad, but the cast was unfocused and didn’t live up to their ‘55 counterparts.

While we’re talking about scarezones, I’d like to see at least one zone this year have an expansive original story with each SA actively involved in telling that story. Sleep No More - yes I’m going to mention it again - is an excellent example of how to create an unsettling experience through characters and story in a choose your own adventure environment. All characters come together for a central scene hourly, and then break off and interact with one another throughout the performance space.

Vamp ‘55 and the original iteration of Bayou of Blood were the closest to this I’ve seen at HHN.

All this talk of Vamp (and I loved Vamp ‘85) just makes me think of how I wish we could have had KKfOS in NY

...and The Lost Boys on the waterfront.

pGBCCpK.gif

Welcome.

Some people have no respect for anything. :(

I really hope if this is the case and it is something A&D would or could do then I am all for it. I had to watch Hill House twice only because after I watched the first time i seen a friend on the Book of Face (facebook...bleh) post a link where the ghost are actually in a lot of scenes but hidden and that was very interesting and creepy.

It would be nice if somehow for HHN to use some good horror, thriller, psychological, demented, gory books as a house if they could. @Legacy have they ever used any horror books or any others in the last sentence as a house or even a scare zone? I would love to see an Anne Rice Queen of the Damned house based off the book not the movie, the music is really good in the movie but the rest was so so, and Alliyah (REST IN PARADISE)was great as Akasha, Would love to see the part where Akasha grabs Lestat and they go up in the air, could be a bungee stunt.

Sorry for the ramble, but anyone have any good ideas of some good horror type books, novels to read?

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    599.4 KB · Views: 2
I really hope if this is the case and it is something A&D would or could do then I am all for it. I had to watch Hill House twice only because after I watched the first time i seen a friend on the Book of Face (facebook...bleh) post a link where the ghost are actually in a lot of scenes but hidden and that was very interesting and creepy.

It would be nice if somehow for HHN to use some good horror, thriller, psychological, demented, gory books as a house if they could. @Legacy have they ever used any horror books or any others in the last sentence as a house or even a scare zone?

I’m not Legacy but they did Edgar Allen Poe in 2011 and it’s always rumored nearly every year(mostly 26) that a Lovecraft house has been worked on/is being worked on. Also they did Cirque du Freak in HHN19

I’m not Legacy but they did Edgar Allen Poe in 2011 and it’s always rumored nearly every year(mostly 26) that a Lovecraft house has been worked on/is being worked on. Also they did Cirque du Freak in HHN19

To be fair 'seeds of extinction' last year was lightly Lovecraft inspired. I hope that sometime soon we get a straight cthulhu or dagon house with some actual love and attention.

It would be nice if somehow for HHN to use some good horror, thriller, psychological, demented, gory books as a house if they could. @Legacy have they ever used any horror books or any others in the last sentence as a house or even a scare zone? I would love to see an Anne Rice Queen of the Damned house based off the book not the movie, the music is really good in the movie but the rest was so so, and Alliyah (REST IN PARADISE)was great as Akasha, Would love to see the part where Akasha grabs Lestat and they go up in the air, could be a bungee stunt.

Sorry for the ramble, but anyone have any good ideas of some good horror type books, novels to read?

Poe is the only "direct" book/literature house they've done. Cirque did Freak was based on the John C. Reilly movie, one of several "based on movies based on books." And they have a Lovecraft house designed they're "waiting for the right time to do."

They've also done stuff that's influenced by some literary stuff. Castle Vampyr shares some elements with Anne Rice's work.