Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

Simple version a bunch of people saying it’s not relevant, why isn’t it HTTYD, it’s not Bourne because Universal hasn’t said anything, and repeat.

Got it. @Scott W.'s comment about F&F was throwing me off a bit, so I was concerned somebody with actual, inside knowledge in that group was stating the attractions were somehow going to be similarly bad.

I love the Power Rangers idea, and i get why it isn't realistic. At the same time I'm going to throw some more stuff on it.
Nowadays Power Rangers teams last for two years so you would need to update it fairly regularly but the formula really doesn't, so you really wouldn't have to change much, every two years the new casts films their little bit and records some voice-over, and when the new era starts you close the show for a few weeks to add to the pre-show museum and get the stunt-team comfortable in the new costumes, and then reopen as a 'New' Attraction.

I don't think you would need to change suits every few years, because you don't need to always have the current PR team represented. They could just stick with the team that is there when launched, or they could even make a brand new team for it.

About the popularity argument: PR is a big IP with a huge fan following, of course it is no Potter or Star Wars, but it is still a well known IP. And they have been having a big push recently, on comics and with the movie.

It might be fun to throw the Power Rangers idea on the Blue Sky Thread to discuss about how it could work on a theme park(even tho i don't think it's likely, that's what a Blue Sky thread is for).

tenor.gif

Apologies if it’s been talked about before but are we expecting them to “overhaul” (using the term loosely) the front entrance once it gets closer to showtime?

Not having any inside knowledge, I'd be very surprised if anything significant were to change about the entrance or the facade, other than an attraction marquee/sign of some sort.

Yeah, I was wondering the same...and was trying to think back to before T2:3D opened, how that corner looked and if they changed it substantially from the facade it already was....would have been around 1996-ish.

Yeah, I was wondering the same...and was trying to think back to before T2:3D opened, how that corner looked and if they changed it substantially from the facade it already was....would have been around 1996-ish.

Looks very different. This was a purpose built Cyberdyne facade