Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 484 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a while since I've caught up with this thread, so the main ride for the UCM land is a KUKA darkride? I'm liking the news of this! (Would've liked to have seen it as Van Helsing since their wolf would be more fearsome than the classic Wolf-Man, but I'm sure as heck ain't gonna' complain about a UCM extravaganza with this type of darkride.)

Honestly, I do think it's a good sign of Murdy's involvement.

When you look at Universal Studios Monsters from HHN'18, you can see the love and dedication that he and Chris Williams gave to the characters. And, it will be around not just him; but other people who most likely care a lot for the material.

Agreed, it's no secret that Murdy adores the Classic Monsters. Anything involving them is going to be a personal project for him. An when he's able to work on something from the ground up, you get something like the Universal Monsters house from last year which was heads and tails the best house for them.

Now you get that same kind of passion from him writing a ride with the UCM? I'm pretty excited for it!

Back when I didn't know better and thought Marvel might have to leave the park, I wanted that Island to be Monster related and a Frankenstein re-theme of Hulk with the good Doctor yelling "IT'S ALIVE!!!" as you shoot from the acceleration tunnel. I'd much rather a full-on Monster experience, but I still like the idea of a Frankencoaster. Both, please.

I think monsters were the only chance for a giant coaster and it doesn’t seem to be happening. Nintendo is getting DK, Dreamworks areas shouldn’t have one, Fantastic Beasts could maybe get a Mummy type. Don’t see anything that scream hulk like coaster anywhere.

I think monsters were the only chance for a giant coaster and it doesn’t seem to be happening. Nintendo is getting DK, Dreamworks areas shouldn’t have one, Fantastic Beasts could maybe get a Mummy type. Don’t see anything that scream hulk like coaster anywhere.
Well, fine then. Heh heh

I could be wrong just thinking of the properties. Dreamworks should be all dark rides, water, flats, and maybe like an inverted Mack.

On the subject of potential attractions in a Classic Monsters land, I was closely studying the Castle Dracula-esque image in Alicia's article; the caption underneath it appears to say "... one of the many [emphasis mine] attractions in the Universal Classic..."

If we assume "Monsters World" are the next two words to follow, that's at least an indication that Universal's internal plans at the time of the document being generated called for several significant components of the land. I don't think even the most charitable spin would deem two to be "many."

Does this really mean much at this stage? Probably not. Still interesting, I think.

So far everything about this new park sounds so dope. If Zelda is in Super Nintendo World (I understand it is likely going to be saved for The Lost Continent) and Berk is in DreamWorks World, then I'm there day one.

Somebody's getting a coaster. Maybe it'll be in the hub? I don't know. But, speaking of DK, I think this rules out that old Kuka-Arm rumor, as they wouldn't put two in the same park.

Somebody's getting a coaster. Maybe it'll be in the hub? I don't know. But, speaking of DK, I think this rules out that old Kuka-Arm rumor, as they wouldn't put two in the same park.
Why not? Everyone was expecting 3 coasters. Why not 3 kukas?

It’s a ride system with an immense amount of versatility, but it’s still a dark ride. If you look at Magic Kingdom, how many rides use the exact same system?

EDIT- I’ve heard they want to use more kukas because of the variety of experiences they can provide. Which is why I’ve heard kukas for both attractions.

Why not? Everyone was expecting 3 coasters. Why not 3 kukas?

It’s a ride system with an immense amount of versatility, but it’s still a dark ride. If you look at Magic Kingdom, how many rides use the exact same system?

EDIT- I’ve heard they want to use more kukas because of the variety of experiences they can provide. Which is why I’ve heard kukas for both attractions.

That's odd, not gonna lie. Magic Kingdom is different because there wasn't a whole lot of ride concepts when it was built. There's so many new concepts nowadays.

Reactions: truejonas
Because Universal has proven that a variety of experiences is a priority in their ride design principles.

That doesn't mean that they couldn't start now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely fine with this being a Kuka Arm (Forbidden Journey is the best ride I've ever ridden), but two in the same park seems like overkill.

That doesn't mean that they couldn't start now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely fine with this being a Kuka Arm (Forbidden Journey is the best ride I've ever ridden), but two in the same park seems like overkill.

You're assuming they'll all feel like Forbidden Journey. My guess is unless you know beforehand that you're on a KUKA arm, you'd never know FJ, DK, and Monsters Castle are the same ride system.

I think DreamWorks will end up with a coaster of some sort. I could also see FB, and maybe something added to Nintendo getting one.

Doubt this will be the only "attraction" in the Monsters world. There could be a show, walkthrough, etc. that could be attractions, not just rides.

But... if there were other rides in this land, I would expect the park's most thrilling coaster or a flume ride. I do wish that that a drop tower, just like ToT, is in the works. If Disney can make a floorless attraction have a drop (albeit small), Uni can really outshine them by making it a lot bigger.

2uqO.gif

Reactions: soilsigh
You're assuming they'll all feel like Forbidden Journey. My guess is unless you know beforehand that you're on a KUKA arm, you'd never know FJ, DK, and Monsters Castle are the same ride system.

I think DreamWorks will end up with a coaster of some sort. I could also see FB, and maybe something added to Nintendo getting one.

I'm kind of wondering if they'll save the parks headlining coaster for the hub itself, using it as some sort of beacon/centerpiece. Think Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.