Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mystic Manor is in no way a "screens" ride. You're never just sitting in front of a screen simulating motion, and it's PACKED with physical sets, props, figures, and AAs. You're also listing off attractions from multiple parks on multiple continents -- the complaints some of us have about Universal are pretty specifically about one park and the variety of experiences offered therein.

I also don't believe Disney has said anything about only 2 AAs in Rise of the Resistance. That number came from Robert Niles, who is certainly not infallible, and it contradicts what we've heard from others.

HUGE difference between these two. Gringotts is in a park full of screens-based dark ride hybrids and pure simulators. FOP is the only ride of that ilk in Animal Kingdom.

Didn't say MM is a screen ride, said it's a projection ride, using mapping for many of its effects. Yes, it has physical effects too, but the WOW factor it has that raised it to another level is because of projectors.

Universal Studios has two outside coasters, two amazingly themed inside ones, 2 full on classic dark rides, and an absolute high tech dark ride in Transformers. It is hardly a screen park. It has 1 movie, 3 simulator movies, and one hybrid simulator in FatF with a theme geared toward a very specific demographic that isn't likely represented on most theme park boards. But, it was always "ride the movies".

In the last 20 years, here's what Disney has built at WDW, not including kiddie spinners

DHS: RnRC, ST 2 (redo screens), TSM(screens), Slinky Dog [4]
Epcot: Test Track, Mission Space (screens), Soarin (screen), Frozen [4]
MK: Pooh, Philharmagic (screen redo), Little Mermaid, Dwarf Hill [this is what is disgusting, 4 new rides for the most popular theme park in the World in 20 years, and none are E tickets]
AK: Kali, TriceraTop Spin, Everest, FoP (screen), NRJ [5]

About 1/3 of their very paltry 17 new rides in 20 years for the resort are screens. And if you instead look at the last 19 years, since each park got a new ride in 1999, 6 of 13 rides are screens. That's 3 new rides for each park in the last 19 years. I'll take lots of new rides, including screens, over that anemic number, that happened as crowds exploded, any day.

Universal has more screen based attractions because it actually has attractions built in the last 20 years. Disney is finally building high tech attractions, and... BIG surprise, many are screen based.

Honestly, that was a lot of drivel to read through, but I think every park should look to be well rounded in their attraction line-up. That was my point. And honestly, DHS may feel a little bit of the screens fatigue after all these new rides open, something that will need to be addressed.

It's not just a Universal issue, it can be Disney too.

Didn't say MM is a screen ride, said it's a projection ride, using mapping for many of its effects. Yes, it has physical effects too, but the WOW factor it has that raised it to another level is because of projectors.

Universal Studios has two outside coasters, two amazingly themed inside ones, 2 full on classic dark rides, and an absolute high tech dark ride in Transformers. It is hardly a screen park. It has 1 movie, 3 simulator movies, and one hybrid simulator in FatF with a theme geared toward a very specific demographic that isn't likely represented on most theme park boards. But, it was always "ride the movies".

In the last 20 years, here's what Disney has built at WDW, not including kiddie spinners

DHS: RnRC, ST 2 (redo screens), TSM(screens), Slinky Dog [4]
Epcot: Test Track, Mission Space (screens), Soarin (screen), Frozen [4]
MK: Pooh, Philharmagic (screen redo), Little Mermaid, Dwarf Hill [this is what is disgusting, 4 new rides for the most popular theme park in the World in 20 years, and none are E tickets]
AK: Kali, TriceraTop Spin, Everest, FoP (screen), NRJ [5]

About 1/3 of their very paltry 17 new rides in 20 years for the resort are screens. And if you instead look at the last 19 years, since each park got a new ride in 1999, 6 of 13 rides are screens. That's 3 new rides for each park in the last 19 years. I'll take lots of new rides, including screens, over that anemic number, that happened as crowds exploded, any day.

Universal has more screen based attractions because it actually has attractions built in the last 20 years. Disney is finally building high tech attractions, and... BIG surprise, many are screen based.

The Official "Use of Screenz" Thread | Inside Universal Forums

:wave:

;)Niles (TPI) is reporting that "Disney needed extra time to plug a small two-meter exhaust port on the ROR ride that everyone apparently overlooked during construction"............soooo, who's going to get fired for that?.............;)

Last edited:
Niles (TPI) is reporting that "Disney needed extra time to plug a small two-meter exhaust port on the ROR ride that everyone apparently overlooked during construction"............soooo, who's going to get fired for that?

hvPQuee.png

Niles (TPI) is reporting that "Disney needed extra time to plug a small two-meter exhaust port on the ROR ride that everyone apparently overlooked during construction"............soooo, who's going to get fired for that?

Forget fired, if it’s a significant error and it delays the opening it can be a serious lawsuit

If I'm reading some of the comments over on Magic correctly, it's possible ROTR won't open at Disneyland until the fall, with Hollywood Studios' version potentially being a similar distance removed from its first phase opening.

I hope it's open by the end of the year.

Reactions: tankart150
If the rides are identical and the issues are technical I fail to see what the fixes they implement to get this up can't be applied fairly quickly in disney world.

Right. This ain't no software fix. Sounds like some major demo and rebuilding.

If they've stopped work, again, that means a major issue. If it were just the positioning system as some were saying, the WDW ride could be completed except for that, and the "fix" done quickly. It wouldn't take the project the same number of MONTHS for something easy.

And they've used their trackless vehicles for over a decade. Hard to imagine that will cause major delays to BOTH rides. Even if this is version 2.0, final programming fixes on the second ride should literally take a few minutes. It just doesn't make sense when one of them is opening 5 months later anyway.

If they've stopped work, again, that means a major issue. If it were just the positioning system as some were saying, the WDW ride could be completed except for that, and the "fix" done quickly. It wouldn't take the project the same number of MONTHS for something easy.

And they used their trackless vehicles for over a decade. Hard to imagine that will cause major delays to BOTH rides. It just doesn't make sense when one of them is opening 5 months later anyway.
Or or or...they're both experiencing similar issue and the DHS one had something additional happen to it. I don't fully believe the rumor that's going around to its full-extent, but I think there is SOME truth to it.

Reactions: tankart150
What are those rumors?
WARNING: I may be over summarizing this, so don't crucify me if it's not all exactly correct. They used the same blueprints as they did for California, which didn’t add scruppers or the FL one didn’t add scruppers. Florida received all of this rain and it all built on the roof and around the dehumidifiers and the standing water killed those. Then, since they apparently didn’t weather-proof the building, the water leaked in and killed a great deal of computer equipment. I don’t fully buy this because it demonstrates multiple level of what I believe are structural building code violations. It just doesn’t add up. They forgot to weather-proof a building in Florida? I call BS.

Last edited: