Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

They technically didn't film for Gringotts (extra footage from Deathly Hallows was used for the ride IIRC)... do they still get paid even though they didn't technically show up and shoot new footage for the ride? I'd assume so since their likeness is used.

I can't remember what the rule change was but Crispin Glover sued the makers of BTTF 2 for using his likeness and this forced a rule change. I imagine that would also extend to the parks.

Back on topic, I have to wonder if they're just going to drop this show CineCele style. Would they want to take a risk like that, as opposed to hyping up the show?
I don't see the risk in doing that and it's honestly what I expect. There's bigger risk in hyping up something that won't meet the hype like Disney does every other day.

At most I expect a quick blog post and that's it.

Back on topic, I have to wonder if they're just going to drop this show CineCele style. Would they want to take a risk like that, as opposed to hyping up the show?
This is not the main 2019/2020 thing so I expect it to be mentioned and announced on Social Media....Otherwise, it is a replacement for an attraction that was aging pretty bad...Not necessarily a major gang buster like HP/JP Coasters

I can't remember what the rule change was but Crispin Glover sued the makers of BTTF 2 for using his likeness and this forced a rule change. I imagine that would also extend to the parks.
That rule was you can't put their name in the credits without permission.

New contracts for big franchises include clauses to let studios use your likeness for non-movie uses like action figures, theme park rides, video games, etc. You can always tell when an actor doesn't allow the clause cause their toys never look like them lol.

Dwayne Johnson is one of the highest paid actors in the world and you don’t think they can get Reese Witherspoon?

Good lord.

In fairness, these are different circumstances. Usually filming of ride media is now incorporated into the contract of a current shoot/production. There aren't any Bourne movies currently in production to absorb that cost/necessitate her appearance.

Doesn't mean they can't get her/she won't show up (they got Ralph Fiennes & Boham Carter), but the beast has been evolving for years.

In fairness, these are different circumstances. Usually filming of ride media is now incorporated into the contract of a current shoot/production. There aren't any Bourne movies currently in production to absorb that cost/necessitate her appearance.

Doesn't mean they can't get her/she won't show up (they got Ralph Fiennes & Boham Carter), but the beast has been evolving for years.

I believe Reese was being discussed in conjunction to Sing, not Bourne - I don't think she was in a Bourne movie.

But if they wanted someone from the Bourne series, they can get some people. I'm sure some smaller characters would be easier to pick up (assuming their respective actors didn't become big) and work into the story for cohesiveness, even if Matt Damon himself is unavailable.

I believe Reese was being discussed in conjunction to Sing, not Bourne - I don't think she was in a Bourne movie.

But if they wanted someone from the Bourne series, they can get some people. I'm sure some smaller characters would be easier to pick up (assuming their respective actors didn't become big) and work into the story for cohesiveness, even if Matt Damon himself is unavailable.

Again. Dwayne Johnson is the highest paid actor in the world.

What makes you think UO won’t pay for him?

Or Matt Damon.

Or literally anyone else.

Or a show much more complicated and involved than you think.

I think it's...unfair, to simply say UO.

Universal Parks & Resorts, and Universal Creative..may be better.

Also, it could just simply be a matter to contracts and what-not. As far as I think, didn't Disney film most of Mission Breakout during production of Vol. 2 (and Yondu in After Dark during production of Ragnarok)?

It'd be different for Bourne, sure; but I would imagine they have contracts that allows UC/UPR to work with the cast/crew of films.

You're right - my bad, got my wires crossed, and I'm not familiar with who stars in the Bourne films beyond Damon / Renner.

A SING attraction is easier since they can use the star's contractually authorized sound alike if Reese doesn't want to participate. Animation is the envy of theme park designers when it comes to adapting IP for that reason. Live action... is trickier.

So, what scene of the Bourne show is the Reese Witherspoon going to be in?

Also, at what point does 'Thank You' by Dido start playing?

We don’t use that song anymore, now that Eminem overtook it.

Look, Universal can’t get everyone. They couldn’t get Michael J. Fox or Harry Shearer. But Reese Witherspoon is one of the most valuable actors in the biz and one of the most outspoken ones about gender pay. If she does the theoretical Sing attraction, she’d probably want the same money they paid Dwayne Johnson, purely out of principle. They could just replace her, it’s not like she has a noticeable voice anyway. Just get Tara Strong, problem solved. Honestly, that would be an upgrade. At least she can sing.

Last edited: