Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

HHN is for families now....Mike posted a picture of his family on Twitter
Just a side note, last year i witnessed one family with a daughter who couldn't have been older than 2 years old hanging out in the KKfOS scare zone because there daughter really liked clowns. The actors in between scaring those with coulrophobia would come up to the little girl and play peek a boo and mimic her movements much to the little girls amusement. She wasn't the least bit scared and seemed overjoyed to have some colorful new friends to play with.

HHN very much is for families, but like all potentially scary experiences it is up to the parents to reassure and teach there children to keep such experiences from being overtly traumatic.

I agree on crowds. Stopped me from really enjoying any of the scarezones, as I found myself rushing through the crowds more than taking the time to appreciate them.

I agree Zones need to be re-imagined, at least partially. Left to the wide streets, and utilizing mini-shows like they've been doing. At this point San Francisco and Central Park are probably best left actor-free. I wouldn't mind seeing something like an "outdoor house" (for lack of a better term) like they tried in Sting Alley in 2011 in some of the more constricted locations. And I think roaming hoards could have a place as well.

I agree Zones need to be re-imagined, at least partially. Left to the wide streets, and utilizing mini-shows like they've been doing. At this point San Francisco and Central Park are probably best left actor-free. I wouldn't mind seeing something like an "outdoor house" (for lack of a better term) like they tried in Sting Alley in 2011 in some of the more constricted locations. And I think roaming hoards could have a place as well.

Regional parks have been done one-way "zones" / "outdoor houses" for years. Could easily do one-way Sting Alley and Central Park zones (with other guest flow passing through the viewing areas).

So how likely is Hellraiser? I think it's very unlikely but I have no idea what the rights issues are with those. I assume like spaghetti instead of an uncooked noodle.

I may get laughed out of the class...But the scarezone with the moving fence pieces years ago was a super fun idea that really made the zone feel different than others...Many people thought it was stupid, but I loved it

(#Speculation/Unconfirmed)

I love when codenames for Original houses are REALLY obvious, but to the point where you can't see it.

EDIT - I'm referring to "Jerky," BTW.

I’d looove if Jerky was Leave it to Cleaver in honor of the 10th anniversary but it’s probably something less obvious
Jerky-Meat-Butcher-Slaughterhouse maybe it is that easy according to what @Legacy said.

Why would they go with "Jerky" as a snack reference, though? It's not a "movie snack."

They picked "Jerky" for a reason.
Tomb of the Ancients 2? That may be an “out there” guess but my logic is the Futurama quote could be referencing immortality (which the inhabitants of the first house supposedly have) and the jerky could be referencing how mummification often left beings preserved, yet dried out...similar to jerky.