Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ya know that is happening at almost every attraction today. Why are they overestimating times so horribly?? epcot as well.
Touring Plans have been looking at that. Seems to be happening at all of the WDW parks, especially AK, the past few months. They've had a few articles on the inflated stand by times discrepancies on the TP Blog the last couple of weeks. They said real time stand by time used to average out at 80% of the posted time , but now it's significantly lower. Posted wait times have been inflated a lot for some reason.

Reactions: devinp267
To add a little, yesterday, I waited about 55 mins on a quoted 125. The only reason I got in line was because I hadn’t been on in quite awhile and I knew how long it was from where the line started at within the queue. To add further, about 30 minutes of this was spent from the link bay waiting area and then in the two preshows.

I spent about four hours in the park and did everything except for Kali, which I wouldn’t have wanted to do anyway with the weather. For it being spring break in the Orlando area and elsewhere, I’d say that’s pretty good. We only had one FP as well, which was made day of. Of course this highlights how much DAK is in need of more rides.

Reactions: therock
To add a little, yesterday, I waited about 55 mins on a quoted 125. The only reason I got in line was because I hadn’t been on in quite awhile and I knew how long it was from where the line started at within the queue. To add further, about 30 minutes of this was spent from the link bay waiting area and then in the two preshows.

I spent about four hours in the park and did everything except for Kali, which I wouldn’t have wanted to do anyway with the weather. For it being spring break in the Orlando area and elsewhere, I’d say that’s pretty good. We only had one FP as well, which was made day of. Of course this highlights how much DAK is in need of more rides.

Yeah, my sister waited 45 minutes when it said two hours (or something like that I need to double check my texts).

Reactions: Nick
I mean not to derail, but they are waaayyy off on some times, and even made an announcement on test track today that the wait was posted wrong from 65 to 90 And we waited 50?? Something is amiss:_: can't help but feel this has to do with fast passes.

I mean not to derail, but they are waaayyy off on some times, and even made an announcement on test track today that the wait was posted wrong from 65 to 90 And we waited 50?? Something is amiss:_: can't help but feel this has to do with fast passes.
You’re probably right with FP+, but it’s also probably in part Disney wanting to post the times as longer because then the actual wait is manageable. Most of Disney’s attractions since the turn of the century haven’t been all that high on hourly capacity.

That said, perhaps we could create a separate thread to discuss this or move discussion to the MyMagic+ thread?

You’re probably right with FP+, but it’s also probably in part Disney wanting to post the times as longer because then the actual wait is manageable. Most of Disney’s attractions since the turn of the century haven’t been all that high on hourly capacity.

That said, perhaps we could create a separate thread to discuss this or move discussion to the MyMagic+ thread?
But....you may want to check out the Touring Plans article on the AK (and other WDW parks) times being off. They have a number of theories they are pursuing, BUT Fastpass issues were not one of them. So a separate thread may be the better of the two choices.

How does Flight of Passage's 3D compare to King Kong? That was the most impressive 3D I had ever seen when it opened (from the middle of the RV).

Is it even more immersive?

How does Flight of Passage's 3D compare to King Kong? That was the most impressive 3D I had ever seen when it opened (from the middle of the RV).

Is it even more immersive?
Flight of Passage simulates flying and careening through caverns and vistas
Kong simulates driving and navigating an island

The 3D is quite impressive for both

Flight of Passage is more chill than Kong for sure...The dropping is hardly even felt to be honest

Reactions: therock and Mad Dog
To each their own... I think the drop effect in FoP works pretty well, especially on the sudden deep dives.
It definitely adds to the overall ride...It's not anything overly intense is what I was trying to say

It's no Tower of Terror for instance