Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is Killer Klowns "legit horror?" I've not seen the film but the scare zone was just people in clown/fat suits just walking slowly around waving at folks and posing for pics. And everyone thinks that house would be great.

I think a Ghostbusters house would be at least "normal" for the three HHN's I've attended (if done well). Poe wasn't legit terror either. I saw one of the Thing houses, you could argue that's not really legit horror either, it's more a fun action movie with suspense. And slaughter sinema was fantastic.
It depends. If you have a fear of clowns, I've noticed the movie can be downright terrifying. My husband and many others are a prime example.

Also Killer Klowns is more of a alien invasion flick, but with clowns. The movie plays more serious in tone than people realize. The jailhouse scene is legit creepy in atmosphere.

Last edited:
It depends. If you have a fear of clowns, I've noticed the movie can be downright terrifying. My husband and many others are a prime example.

Also Killer Klowns is more of a alien invasipn flick, but with clowns. The movie plays more serious in tone than people realize. The jailhouse scene is legit creepy in atmosphere.

Maybe Ghostbusters would be legit horror if you were afraid of Rick Moranis movies (and honestly, shouldn't we ALL be afraid of those?)

Last edited:

Also Killer Klowns is more of a alien invasipn flick, but with clowns. The movie plays more serious in tone than people realize. The jailhouse scene is legit creepy in atmosphere.
It's a nod to B movies with the 80s atmosphere thrown in...I watched it again before last year and it is suprisingly creepy in areas

It's a nod to B movies with the 80s atmosphere thrown in...I watched it again before last year and it is suprisingly creepy in areas
Yeah the scarezone captured the spirit of the B-movie side of it, but a maze might be able to capture the creepy side of it. I don't have a fear of clowns personally but some scenes in the movie do give off a seriously creepy and tense vibe.

Reactions: Kadath
I know when I was going through the scarezone for the first time, I did feel a little on the uncomfortable side. It may just be me, but seeing a gigantic 6 feet+ tall clown can be rather intimidating. In the right setting (a maze) with the correct show elements, I think they could make a really good house!

Reactions: Kadath and Darko
I know when I was going through the scarezone for the first time, I did feel a little on the uncomfortable side. It may just be me, but seeing a gigantic 6 feet+ tall clown can be rather intimidating. In the right setting (a maze) with the correct show elements, I think they could make a really good house!
My husband was frozen in fear in that scarezone. He said it was their monstrous appearance and size that really did it.

Also saw some guys dragging their friend towards Fatso for a picture and he was closing his eyes with his feet anchored to the ground while Fatso gestured for him to go over. It was quite sad and funny at the same time.

I don't see Ghostbusters being "terrifying" or gory, but it would be perfect for distractions and startling scares. If you're looking at a Slimer puppet and the Librarian comes out from a boo hole behind you, e.g.

Would instantly give the event a ton of buzz. Potentially balance out crowds from Stranger Things, if opposite ends of Production Central. And, oh yeah, sell a ton of merch.

Between Ghostbusters, Temple of Doom and Gremlins, 1984 practically invented the PG-13 rating.

I think the cartoon after clouds a lot of people's minds, but the original had at least four or five lines the mods would flag us for posting on here. Came out when I was 13, and it definitely felt "adult."

Sorry that this is more a question than speculation, but couldn't see where else to ask.
Haven't been to HHN since 2014 so I forget how the tickets work. Do you just buy your ticket and then go any night? The booking process hasn't asked me which dates I want my tickets for.

For Orlando, the tickets currently on sale are only the buy one night get one night free (note: they are not valid on Saturdays).

All of the regular ticket options are not available yet. So no one can say for sure what the ticket options will be yet (it could change from last year). But if you want a primer (at least for last year’s options) you could watch this for now.

Looks like we’re probably only getting AOV this year. Live entertainment on the website has only one slot. A huge mistake, imo. (In regards to having just one entertainment show.)

I really hope this isn’t the case. I was really looking forward to a second show. On the positive side its more time to spend in the houses and scare zones I guess. For those of us who aren’t AOV fans it means an early exit on most nights.

Reactions: Kadath and Darko
I was listening to the Grim Grinning Hosts podcast, and I dont know how he would’ve known this, but the host said that Netflix wouldn’t let them have Haunting of Hill House but offered them Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and that’s coming this year.
giphy.gif

I was listening to the Grim Grinning Hosts podcast, and I dont know how he would’ve known this, but the host said that Netflix wouldn’t let them have Haunting of Hill House but offered them Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and that’s coming this year.

Which episode of their podcast was it? That sounds very interesting. Wonder if it's true.